U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-22-2014, 01:58 PM
 
4,424 posts, read 5,203,983 times
Reputation: 6479

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Please read posts before making comments. No one said anything about sitting in the sun. I can't sit in the sun but is it ok if I leave the house? I live in SC and it's hot as hell and I'm having hot flashes, so I'd like to wear what makes me comfortable. Jeesh
Some people take sun exposure risk to the extreme. Ive heard of some people that are so scared of a bit of sunlight hitting them theyll cover all the windows and only go out at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-22-2014, 02:17 PM
 
2,321 posts, read 2,360,941 times
Reputation: 2645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Please read posts before making comments. No one said anything about sitting in the sun. I can't sit in the sun but is it ok if I leave the house? I live in SC and it's hot as hell and I'm having hot flashes, so I'd like to wear what makes me comfortable. Jeesh
I did read the posts! You want to be n the sun and wear dresses and shorts. What part of that says you are going to keep your body OUT of the sun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2014, 02:42 PM
 
4,424 posts, read 5,203,983 times
Reputation: 6479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I did read the posts! You want to be n the sun and wear dresses and shorts. What part of that says you are going to keep your body OUT of the sun!
I think what shes saying is that shes not going to lie out in the sun trying to get a tan but she is going to be outdoors on occasion and that the sun just might hit her now and then which is acceptable. Personally i dont consider walking out to your car to be sun exposure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2014, 05:21 PM
 
Location: NJ/SC
4,286 posts, read 13,112,370 times
Reputation: 2578
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I think what shes saying is that shes not going to lie out in the sun trying to get a tan but she is going to be outdoors on occasion and that the sun just might hit her now and then which is acceptable. Personally i dont consider walking out to your car to be sun exposure.
Exactly but also wondering why a stanger on the internet feels I have to explain to them anything of what I'm doing. I started the thread asking a question, not looking for parental advice or judgment.

Anyway, thankful to be up to going out the door...I'll focus on that. Thx!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2014, 05:43 PM
 
4,424 posts, read 5,203,983 times
Reputation: 6479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Exactly but also wondering why a stanger on the internet feels I have to explain to them anything of what I'm doing. I started the thread asking a question, not looking for parental advice or judgment.

Anyway, thankful to be up to going out the door...I'll focus on that. Thx!
Ive noticed that a lot of people on the internet are unable to answer questions unless they know every detail about your waking life. Cant simply ask which dress looks better you have to tell what your BMI is, your weight, eyeglass prescription, blood type, length of hair, where you went to school, what is your house made of, what color is your car, when was your last bowel movement, etc etc etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2014, 07:48 PM
 
2,321 posts, read 2,360,941 times
Reputation: 2645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Exactly but also wondering why a stanger on the internet feels I have to explain to them anything of what I'm doing. I started the thread asking a question, not looking for parental advice or judgment.

Anyway, thankful to be up to going out the door...I'll focus on that. Thx!
You will be wondering that until the end of time so long as you continue to post on an internet forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2014, 07:57 PM
 
4,424 posts, read 5,203,983 times
Reputation: 6479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
You will be wondering that until the end of time so long as you continue to post on an internet forum.
Molli, a lot of people ask questions that can pretty much be answered with little to no additional info required. If someone asks which is better, for example ford or chevy, we dont need to know if theyre male or female, what their job is, how tall they are, how many siblings they have, or anything else. All we need to do is tell them which is better. People dont want their questions being micro-analyzed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2014, 08:01 PM
 
2,321 posts, read 2,360,941 times
Reputation: 2645
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
People dont want their questions being micro-analyzed.
Frankly I don't give a dam* and I don't think most other posters do either. So long as someone is posting within the rules of CD let them post whatever they want to post. If I don't like their answers to one of my posts I chose the ignore route as opposed to the whining route. A LOT less stress that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2014, 08:45 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
175 posts, read 220,921 times
Reputation: 222
Agree with OP about self tanner making dark spots look darker. its awful. i have sun damage on my chest and made the mistake of trying to even it out wiht self tanner, and a mild one at that Jergens natural glow for light skin. ...yeah....that was a mistake. My mother has really bad legs and uses the Dermablend, but to me its really thick and cakey and didnt look at all natural. Sorry I dont have any good advice, but at least you can avoid that one ( and its expensive too) I have heard of one called Exuviance, but never used it nor known anyone who has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2014, 10:25 PM
 
4,424 posts, read 5,203,983 times
Reputation: 6479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
Frankly I don't give a dam* and I don't think most other posters do either. So long as someone is posting within the rules of CD let them post whatever they want to post. If I don't like their answers to one of my posts I chose the ignore route as opposed to the whining route. A LOT less stress that way.
Not everyone is you. Just answer the questions as best you can. If theres any info that wasnt given just consider it to be on a need to know basis and that we dont need to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top