U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 04:46 PM

4,754 posts, read 4,091,014 times

Advertisements

Poll for the guys - Gap, or No Gap?

The picture on the first page of this thread/poll shows what the current "definition" of a thigh gap is - because I think some of the posters on here don't actually know what it means. It means thighs not touching at all. Impossible for most women, no matter how thin or athletic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 05:34 PM

2,342 posts, read 2,786,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Okay, I did not know where to post this, but this forum seems like the right one... I came across this today:

Dallas company uses laser to create sought-after

I don't mean this in a crude way, but in all my years, I've never known there was even a term for this, or that women strived for it. I've noticed it of course, but I always accepted that some have it, some don't, and was a matter of genetics just as women have varying cup sizes. But I will admit, it has always been seductive, 'just not something I ever thought of as an item to check off a list, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, this post is about nothing really, 'just wondering how many out there knew this was yet another beauty topic for women.
Draws a lot of attention to the area.

Looks like someone who rides a horse all of the time,
being similar to being bow-legged.

Don't think it is all that attractive really.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:00 PM

781 posts, read 566,038 times
What can I say; that, ahem, isn't the particular "thigh gap" I'm interested in....

Old 05-23-2014, 07:26 PM

8,623 posts, read 5,893,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
not sure if your post was directed at me, because I'm not thick although I have curves and no thigh gap. I am 5'10 and 148 lbs at 38 years old. I acknowledged that thigh gaps are great for small framed women, but I personally wouldn't want to have such gap. I definitely wouldn't pay to have such a thing. My genetics have dictated that there will be no gap and I'm happy with my genetics. Ain't a knock against thinner girls, more of a self happiness sorta thing.

Nope, my reply was for the entire audience with no particular members targeted.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:29 PM

8,623 posts, read 5,893,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post

What, are we all supposed to aspire to resembling a Giacometti sculpture (stick figure) ?
What if we resembled those stickers of one's family as seen in the back windows of minivans?

Old 05-24-2014, 07:30 AM

1,591 posts, read 1,730,004 times
Thigh gap looks unnatural and unhealthy. Not really attractive at all in my opinion and certainly not something I would look for in a woman. Never even heard of it until I downloaded The Chive app on my phone.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:58 AM

9,486 posts, read 13,339,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Poll for the guys - Gap, or No Gap?

The picture on the first page of this thread/poll shows what the current "definition" of a thigh gap is - because I think some of the posters on here don't actually know what it means. It means thighs not touching at all. Impossible for most women, no matter how thin or athletic.
Agree, those country singers in that video all have nice curvy thighs, no thigh gaps there.
Besides no one said there was anything wrong with thigh gaps, other than the fact they are not natural for most women. Attempting to get that look, if you aren't genetically predisposed, is going to involve a lot of effort.

Old 05-24-2014, 02:34 PM

937 posts, read 915,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
LOL. I (female) have two girls myself so I am extra sensitive to such things as well. Though, if they take after me, they won't care about such things

As for this 'thigh gap', why the heck would I want to have THAT? It's one thing if you have one of those super slender frames, but I happen to like my shapely, curvy legs that do not have a gap. They go with my hips and they fit perfectly with my body. I'm happy with them.
I am very slender and I naturally have what is known as "thigh gap." I'm proud of my body but "thigh gap" is one feature that I'd gladly give up.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:02 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,360,650 times
A woman with a thigh gap is a pleasant sight to see when she is naked. The goods are right in your face! Or so I am told.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:11 PM

459 posts, read 510,028 times
I never really think about this because I usually have thinner thighs that women with thigh gaps. I just also have smaller hips so I never get the gap. But I guess it's a good goal for a woman who has issues with her thighs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty