U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2014, 06:19 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,147,897 times

Advertisements

Why do guys like the thigh gap? Can someone answer me that? Do you all fit better between there?

I don't get it. Lol.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2014, 04:49 AM

735 posts, read 681,733 times
Hmm, I guess "thigh gap" could be why I've had rude people say I'm "built like a girl"? I just thought it was a characteristic of being skinny and not something related to gender.

Old 08-31-2014, 05:06 AM

8,088 posts, read 7,311,669 times
In my everyday experience so many women are overweight today that thigh gap is impossible to achieve. A women of normal weight is a pleasure to see no matter thigh gap/no thigh gap, cup size, etc.etc.

Old 08-31-2014, 06:57 AM

5,478 posts, read 4,552,683 times
I see advantages in several ways .
As a guy I wish I had more of a thigh gap , the organs are taking a beating while walking and working, sometimes a distraction.
Secondly, I sweat heavily and in that area very hard to keep dry.
I don't think of it as a sexy issue at all, in men or women I see it as a health issue and for some simply a distraction in discomfort .
When I see some one that has a significant thigh gap they look and walk with a better stride , watch people walk and you can see what I mean.
it is no wonder that women especially have hip problems and it would not surprise me one bit to discover that not having a thigh gap had something to do with it.
Just for fun put a base ball between your legs there and try walking.
When you stress the human skeleton in directions it is not designed things go wrong.
IMO.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:59 AM

2,868 posts, read 2,842,536 times
Thigh gap...the space between your inner thighs? People with a thigh gap of zero should not wear corduroys. Too many BTUs generated when walking. Overheating and spontaneous combustion could result.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:18 AM

3,558 posts, read 4,138,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
You all realize that the thinness obsession was created by the fashion industry, which is almost exclusively dominated by men (some straight, some gay, but still men). It's because it makes their CLOTHES look good. The taller and thinner a model is, the better the lines of the clothing and how they lay. Just like a hanger. Which is why the women look like....oh yeah, hangers.
You must be very bitter about your body. I have seen several posts by you now that are insulting thin women.

Like another poster here said, its not even so much just the specific "thigh" gap that men like, it's more just seeing a woman that isn't overweight and does real exercise (with weights) thigh gap or not. Some people are genetically predispositioned to have thigh gap more than others.

I'm very into fitness and have heard the thigh gap term a million times, however I just thought it meant a gap (like a triangle) space near the groin. Not that the thighs don't touch at all. My gf has MONSTER quads to the point she no longer does leg extensions at the gym because her thighs were disproportionately big on her 115lb frame. She still has that "triangle" in her groin, but her thigs touch simply because they are so muscular. Granted I'm sure most women who's thighs touch it isn't because they are too muscular and squat nearly twice their body weight lol.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:43 AM

226 posts, read 169,813 times
I don't like thigh gaps. I like nice thick thighs and full curvy hips and bottoms. She gets my vote when other men reject her. I'm a better catch anyways.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:47 AM

226 posts, read 169,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
Why do guys like the thigh gap? Can someone answer me that? Do you all fit better between there?

I don't get it. Lol.
Crazy men!! I'll take them ALL off their hands free of charge.

beautiful curvy women - Gallery

Old 08-31-2014, 10:49 AM

3,317 posts, read 7,251,326 times
I think it's a terrible trend, terrible thing to focus on.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:10 PM

164 posts, read 151,432 times
I learned about that while watching the mindless America's Next Top Model. Tyra Banks was teaching them how to bend a little and squeezing their knees together to get the thigh triangle in their shoot. Apparently top candidates for modeling agency weren't all born with thigh gaps so I don't see why normal everyday women are expected to have them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty