U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you prefer Gap, or No Gap?
Gap, please (model on the left) 20 16.95%
No Gap, please (model on the right) 68 57.63%
Who cares? 30 25.42%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 12:35 AM

4,754 posts, read 4,099,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Countries whose population eats more raw and whole foods rather than processed are where naturally thin folks come from. Put those same people on a diet of processed foods and they become THICK overnight.
Actually, evolutionarily speaking, people who are "naturally" thin tend to originally come from regions that have a very hot climate where carrying extra weight only serves to retain more heat. And yes, I know there are exceptions (Scandinavian, for one) but the general rule is that people whose ancestors originated in a very hot climate will be thinner and carry less extra weight (even with a typical western diet). There are women who - because of the skeletal structure and body shape - would have to starve themselves down to 80 pounds or less to have this ridiculous thigh gap, and there are women who are just naturally built that way.

Evolution, baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 08:13 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,710,947 times
I find the concept absurd. If I was recommending which I felt was more attractive, it is the one on the right. She is very literally, healthy, in body image. Unfortunately, the term 'healthy' is being misused frequently and expanded to include things that are not healthy.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:00 AM

13,056 posts, read 21,185,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
I find the concept absurd. If I was recommending which I felt was more attractive, it is the one on the right. She is very literally, healthy, in body image. Unfortunately, the term 'healthy' is being misused frequently and expanded to include things that are not healthy.
This brings up a good point. My focus is getting as healthy as I can, by eating healthily and getting plenty of exercise outdoors. Lifestyle things too, like eschewing drugs (illicit and prescription), smoking, and drinking. I'm not preoccupied in the least with numbers like weight, inches, dress size, etc. You mention that the term healthy is being expanded to include things which aren't - what are those things? I'm curious - for the sake of my health.

As to the photos in the OP, I would love the curvaceous posterior of the lady in the image on the right. If anyone has any tips on building up such a derrière please share!

In case it's not abundantly clear - I don't think a thigh gap is the epitome of femininity - for those who have it naturally, that is what you should embrace, because it is you. For those who do not have one naturally, it makes no sense to me to set out having a goal to achieve such a gap. If Victoria's Secret fashion show 2015 tells us that Morton's toe (where the second toe is longer than the big toe) is the new definition of sexy, is everyone going to run out and have their toes surgically altered to meet that "beauty" standard? Seems absurd to me.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:02 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,164,198 times
Why don't you post pics of women with good legs and then guys may be able to tell? Both of those girls legs leave much to be desired.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:10 AM

8,164 posts, read 9,376,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
Why don't you post pics of women with good legs and then guys may be able to tell? Both of those girls legs leave much to be desired.
How so? Woman on the right has amazing legs imo.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:10 AM

9,362 posts, read 15,829,763 times
The woman on the right looks healthy, which is how I like them. If a woman has one, fine. If she doesn't, fine. From what I understand, unless you are built with one, you are not going to have one without starving yourself, and that, I don't need.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:14 AM

13,056 posts, read 21,185,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
Seems like you have a strong opinion about 'good' legs - I'd counter and ask that you share a photo or two of what you think are good legs. Hopefully you're not going to post photos along the lines of Lao/Da Beez's beauty ideal!

Old 05-24-2014, 10:21 AM

42,565 posts, read 42,465,609 times
She's so gapalish.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:45 AM

2,802 posts, read 2,479,464 times
As for me, it is the last part of her body that I look at, and her personality and demeanor come before any parts of her body. I really could care less, but since I have to choose one I would choose the one who does not nag me and boss me around. Is that the one on the right or the left? And if she is available, I am also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Which can cook?
I would bet that the one on the right can cook better.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:24 AM

13,206 posts, read 7,427,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Maam, I really don't care all that much to be honest with you. If suppose I invite you over, the first thing I would do is greet you with masala chai and biscuits. We can offset the rest and talk about more interesting stuff while enjoying some Indian comfort food .
Nah. I wouldn't be satisfied unless you offered tandoori chicken, naan, and gulab jamun. Would you still invite me over?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty