U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Do you prefer Gap, or No Gap?
Gap, please (model on the left) 20 16.95%
No Gap, please (model on the right) 68 57.63%
Who cares? 30 25.42%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-26-2014, 09:22 AM
 
13,769 posts, read 16,283,375 times
Reputation: 10515

Advertisements

When I was in high school thigh gaps were frowned upon. It was said that if you had one, it meant you weren't a virgin and were a ho. This was very upsetting to me because I had a natural thigh gap, but was a virgin in high school.

Two kids later, I still do have one but obviously am not a virgin now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-26-2014, 06:32 PM
 
4,424 posts, read 5,208,583 times
Reputation: 6479
I could handle having a gap such as this
http://files-cdn.formspring.me/photo...355e5f39a9.jpg

Last edited by pythonis; 05-26-2014 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: Replaced pic with link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2014, 06:45 PM
 
369 posts, read 309,297 times
Reputation: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
See photo, pick one -

Model on left is thigh gap, model on right is no gap.

http://www.dailyhiit.com/hiit-blog/w...ifestyle43.jpg
OMG...the one one the right....YUM!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2014, 09:58 AM
 
4,877 posts, read 4,566,877 times
Reputation: 7268
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
This whole gap thing is beyond stupid.
Most any woman can have a thigh gap by standing sort of pigeon-toed and jutting her butt out slightly --- there, thigh gap.

Many top athletes, like gymnasts and sprinters, have no thigh gap whatsoever. It's more a posing thing than anything else.
plus limiting to two completely body types.
Realism;
http://www.visiblemeasures.com/wp-co...esized-600.png
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2014, 05:34 PM
 
6,461 posts, read 6,101,517 times
Reputation: 9778
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I could handle having a gap such as this
http://files-cdn.formspring.me/photo...355e5f39a9.jpg
She's not standing with her feet together. If she has a thigh gap, it's a very small one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2014, 05:55 PM
 
4,424 posts, read 5,208,583 times
Reputation: 6479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
She's not standing with her feet together. If she has a thigh gap, it's a very small one.
never said it had to be 4 inches wide
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2014, 06:20 PM
 
6,461 posts, read 6,101,517 times
Reputation: 9778
Ha! Funny! Here is what is meant by a thigh gap. Your models thighs curve a bit outward in the middle. Very hot and sexy, but not what the "thigh.gap" is.

http://femamom.com/wp-content/upload...legs-thigh.jpg

She's attractive, but notice how she has relatively few curves. I am sure her butt is tiny too.

Here is how to stand in a photo to get a thigh gap.

http://static.mmzstatic.com/wp-conte...3/05/magie.gif

You point your feet together so your legs are angled in and stick you butt up and out.

I see young girls stand this way in public sometimes. Very odd.

Last edited by Meyerland; 05-27-2014 at 06:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2014, 07:13 PM
 
2,181 posts, read 2,037,088 times
Reputation: 3138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Ha! Funny! Here is what is meant by a thigh gap. Your models thighs curve a bit outward in the middle. Very hot and sexy, but not what the "thigh.gap" is.

http://femamom.com/wp-content/upload...legs-thigh.jpg

She's attractive, but notice how she has relatively few curves. I am sure her butt is tiny too.

Here is how to stand in a photo to get a thigh gap.

http://static.mmzstatic.com/wp-conte...3/05/magie.gif

You point your feet together so your legs are angled in and stick you butt up and out.

I see young girls stand this way in public sometimes. Very odd.
ugh, that first one. Pretty much just skin and bone, that's the only reason that gap exists. Please ladies, muscle up! You'll know when you've hit your sweet spot, believe me it will take a lot of time and work to get there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2014, 07:15 PM
 
Location: Bay Area, Calif.
2,435 posts, read 2,721,196 times
Reputation: 2579
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I guess the thigh gap is overrated.
And I guess I missed the memo that explained why it would be appealing as opposed to non-gap??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2014, 07:43 PM
 
369 posts, read 309,297 times
Reputation: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
ugh, that first one. Pretty much just skin and bone, that's the only reason that gap exists. Please ladies, muscle up! You'll know when you've hit your sweet spot, believe me it will take a lot of time and work to get there.
It also looks fake as hell. The Ops right side pic is delicious. I'm thinking very dirty thoughts when I look at that. I like meaty/chunky women with thick thighs and wide hips anyways.


Mmmmmmm......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top