Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 08:45 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Lose View Post
If you showed up in a suit at my job, the boss would tell you to beat it. You'll only see me in one at funerals, weddings and maybe a graduation or something. I can't wait to get out of that monkey suit asap as well.
Penguin would be more appropriate imo.

Last job i had they were extremely strict about holes in clothes. I used to joke that id walk in wearing a suit of armor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 08:50 PM

369 posts, read 392,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Penguin would be more appropriate imo.

Last job i had they were extremely strict about holes in clothes. I used to joke that id walk in wearing a suit of armor.
That's funny you say that. "IF" and only "if" you show up in clothes void of any rips or holes, you are guaranteed to have at least one and be bleeding somewhere by lunch....bank on it....$100 says so.

Old 05-27-2014, 10:48 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
I wear custom suits everyday, and it definitely makes a difference in the way I am perceived. Add in the cufflinks, manual watch, functional button sleeves, contrast stitching, and occasional spats, and it can overwhelm people not used to such attire. There isn't a day that goes by that I am not complimented on the custom attire when I go out.

If you say it is too hot for a suit, you are only making excuses. I can wear suits made out of linen when it is 100+ degrees outside in humid tropical climates. A fine linen suit is like wearing nothing.

Ill-fitting suits from the store can be uncomfortable, especially if the jacket is fused or made from polyester; but if you get a tailor to make your own suits they should never feel uncomfortable. I get extra attention paid toward the armholes and major joints, so that I can run, jump, roll, climb, etc. as well as I could naked.

And millennial women swoon over me, especially if I trade the business tie and suit for something more trendy made from velvet and a bow tie.
I find that most people dress so poorly that they feel overwhelmed by ANY suit, let alone a very high-quality custom one. Ignore that fact that most people can't recognize quality either...not that most of the wearers would need them to. As indicated, a quality suit made in the right fabrics will feel fine in any climate.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:33 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Well, I don't know where the bulk of you folk live or work. Where I work, managers, executives, and people who face the public wear suits. I walk down the street in our business district and suit-wearers abound. I don't see any lack of suits.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Well, I don't know where the bulk of you folk live or work. Where I work, managers, executives, and people who face the public wear suits. I walk down the street in our business district and suit-wearers abound. I don't see any lack of suits.
Well around here i can say that people who are government or state officials do wear suits. However, not everyone "faces the public". Our business district is bunch of fast food restaurants and steak houses. Nobody is wearing suits in any of those.

Old 05-28-2014, 03:52 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,530 times
It is annoying, I am man, I could walk around in tight tight shorts if I wanted to, and show of my bod. My man boobs are 100% legal. If I walk around with a suit long enough, people are going to think I am somebody important. I rather people think I am less then nothing, so they can show their true colors, around me. Yes a suit makes a good statement, to women, as well, but seriously, it is so annoying sometimes.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:12 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,023,042 times
Let me correct some of you if I may. Formal attire is a tux and all the trimmings while business attire is the men's suit and tie. Big difference.

Old 05-30-2014, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwell View Post
Let me correct some of you if I may. Formal attire is a tux and all the trimmings while business attire is the men's suit and tie. Big difference.
Not really. Whether its a guy in a business suit or a tux either way hes wearing a suit. What youve named it makes no difference.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:57 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Not really. Whether its a guy in a business suit or a tux either way hes wearing a suit. What youve named it makes no difference.
That's like saying all Bos primigenius are "cows." A kid in Manhattan might get away with it, but a kid on a dairy farm had better know what "bull" means.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:52 AM

3,071 posts, read 8,023,042 times
Quote:
So formal wear is what the op is referring to according to some? I don't think so....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty