U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2014, 08:58 AM

14,648 posts, read 29,685,966 times

Advertisements

Well, I live in Florida, and have ALWAYS preferred sun dresses and flowing skirts over any type of shorts or pants, yoga or otherwise - it's all about what is comfortable for ME. However in what little winter we do have here, I do enjoy wearing my "leggings" ( are those considered "yoga" pants?)

Anyway, people should wear what they like. I really don't care what anyone else wears, I wear what I am comfortable in and flattering to my body and that makes me feel good.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 12:15 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,562,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Well, I live in Florida, and have ALWAYS preferred sun dresses and flowing skirts over any type of shorts or pants, yoga or otherwise - it's all about what is comfortable for ME. However in what little winter we do have here, I do enjoy wearing my "leggings" ( are those considered "yoga" pants?)

Anyway, people should wear what they like. I really don't care what anyone else wears, I wear what I am comfortable in and flattering to my body and that makes me feel good.
IMO, leggings evolved into yoga pants which are sheerer, come in various lengths, have a lower waist
and are worn with shorter blouses. Google yoga pants - the 80's version is very modest compared to
now. btw; there was an expert about yoga pants and I wonder where that poster is.
I'm with you gypsychic and like sun dresses (more comfortable and cute).

Also, in the 70's and 80's if you did yoga or exercised women actually would wear sweat pants
(shocking )

Old 05-25-2014, 12:22 PM

31,152 posts, read 57,274,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
Also, in the 70's and 80's if you did yoga or exercised women actually would wear sweat pants
And some still do. Yoga pants are nothing more than the 2010s version of sweatpants or any other athletic gear. They're nothing special.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:43 PM

8,874 posts, read 12,914,194 times
I don't think yoga pants are "played out" if people actually practice yoga. Are baseball uniforms "played out"? Are track shoes "played out" for people who run? To those who wear yoga pants out of context, I guess they qualify as a trend. But not one I was ever interested in or even notice that often. Women have had some kind or another of tight, stretchy pants to wear since the fabric was invented in the 1960s.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:38 PM

1,169 posts, read 3,301,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
You'll have to pry my Reebok yoga pants off my dead body. Best thing ever!

Signed...yoga pants wearing middle-aged woman who's well beyond a size two.
LOL. I'm with you too.
I wear my yoga pants to yoga, and anytime I'm at home. Love them.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:19 PM

3,168 posts, read 4,153,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaT2 View Post
LOL. I'm with you too.
I wear my yoga pants to yoga, and anytime I'm at home. Love them.
I live in them.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:21 AM

21,461 posts, read 22,692,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I like your suggestion, though - any time a man (assuming OP is one) complains about our lack of skirts, he should have to wear one for at least 24 hours. Not just around town, either, but actually to WORK as well. Maybe at a desk job it's not a big deal, but my job requires a lot of getting up & down, kneeling, pushing book carts, helping kids, etc. Try doing that in a cute skirt, especially a mini, and they'll quickly change their tunes. LOL
I feel the same way when guys talk about how women should wear heels all the time. They should have to wear a pair and go through an obstacle course of sorts: walk up and down stairs, stand on a hard floor for an hour or two, run after a bus, stroll down a gravel or cobblestone street. That sort of thing.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:43 AM

3,413 posts, read 2,893,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I don't think yoga pants are "played out" if people actually practice yoga. .
Exactly. But also, women like to wear them while going to the gym as well. Had dinner last night at Sherman Oaks Galleria and saw sooooo many women there wearing their yoga pants while out for dinner, movie, and/or going to Magic Johnson's 24Hr Fitness. Yoga pants are about as "played out" as handbags/purses/clutches are it seems. Many, many women wear them and Im glad they do. Heck, even my wife had on her Lululemon pants and running jacket. Its just normal and comfortable wear that looks GOOD.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:47 AM

11,014 posts, read 6,565,638 times
I don't see it as being any different then the men who wear basketball shorts when out in public. No one ever complains that they aren't playing basketball while wearing them, so I don't see why women must be doing yoga when wanting to wear something comfortable.

Old 05-26-2014, 12:49 PM

3,413 posts, read 2,893,826 times
100% of the women I have seen in my lifetime who complain about yoga pants are the women who are jealous of the hot bodied yoga pants wearers and/or they themselves will look like crap if they go out wearing yoga pants because of their obesity/weight/fat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty