U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Short hair on women...sexy or no?
yes 39 26.71%
no 32 21.92%
Depends 75 51.37%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 11:54 AM

5,627 posts, read 4,633,030 times

Advertisements

From a religious standpoint, Women should have long hair but I cant control other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 12:04 PM

30,388 posts, read 9,081,069 times
What's flattering on one woman may not be flattering on another. That said, it's ridiculous for women to hold onto the same hairstyle (usually long) for decades. What guy wants to imagine a 20-year old from behind only to see Bette Davis in Baby Jane when she turns around?

Some women are downright silly (and unimaginative) when it comes to their hair.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:26 PM

Location: Olde English District, SC (look it up on Wikipedia)
244 posts, read 301,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I had this conversation a couple of weeks ago with the hubs and about five other guys aged mid twenties to mid fifties.

Consensus?

Women who cut all their hair off give up on their looks.

Mine at 48 is halfway down my back.
Not always the case-it depends on the person. I'm your age and a few years ago I had to choose, due to the precarious condition of my hair, between having shorter (bob length) colored hair, or long hair in my natural medium brown. An attempt to grow out my colored hair revealed that my natural color had dulled and had coarse grays scattered through it. My ends were dry, damaged and frizzy from several years of coloring. I chose to go shorter and keep brightening up my color.

If I'd wanted to give up on my looks it would have been much easier to quit coloring and styling my hair. For women who have healthy hair or who have attractive gray hair, long hair can definitely work, but for some of us (like me) less is more.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:35 PM

5,707 posts, read 4,278,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
From a religious standpoint, Women should have long hair but I cant control other people.
Depends on which religion we are talking about here.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:53 PM

8,139 posts, read 7,463,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Wave Carpetbagger View Post
Not always the case-it depends on the person. I'm your age and a few years ago I had to choose, due to the precarious condition of my hair, between having shorter (bob length) colored hair, or long hair in my natural medium brown. An attempt to grow out my colored hair revealed that my natural color had dulled and had coarse grays scattered through it. My ends were dry, damaged and frizzy from several years of coloring. I chose to go shorter and keep brightening up my color.

If I'd wanted to give up on my looks it would have been much easier to quit coloring and styling my hair. For women who have healthy hair or who have attractive gray hair, long hair can definitely work, but for some of us (like me) less is more.
That isn't my opinion but that of five guys.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:18 PM

369 posts, read 309,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
That isn't my opinion but that of five guys.
Not mine either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Lose View Post
My Sister had to cut her hair short when my nephews were born. She is a natural blonde with blue eyes and always kept it at least shoulder length or halfway down her back. I think my brother in law, myself and my dad about cried....seriously.

I'm glad she grew it back out....it makes a HUGE difference in her appearance. A lot of woman pay big bucks to have FAKE blonde hair....hers is 100% real.
This is pretty close to her hairstyle.

helen hunt pics - Bing Images

meg ryan pics - Bing Images

What a shame to ruin it.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:25 PM

10,943 posts, read 14,584,566 times
Hair? What hair?

Old 05-27-2014, 04:25 PM

369 posts, read 309,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
Winona Ryder and Demi Moore looked so much better with short hair.
No way....this is FIRE!!

demi moore pics - Bing Images

DANICA PATRIC PICS - Bing Images

Oh man, that gives me goosebumps even....whew!!

Old 05-27-2014, 05:02 PM

7,497 posts, read 9,272,211 times
I've heard that guys prefer longer hair on women but interestingly I get more male attention with short hair. Also, I've never had a man touch my hair. Not once.

Old 05-27-2014, 05:09 PM

13,904 posts, read 11,001,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
I no longer care what anyone thinks.

My hair is coarse and oily. I was miserable with it long, plus it was more expensive to keep looking nice. With short hair, I only need one quick shampoo, dry with a towel, comb. Go!
Ditto the not caring.

Mine is baby fine and thin and impossible to fool with.

I wear mine in a buzz cut. Wash and dry, no nothing. Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I SO dislike older women with long hair that is either mixed with grey or coloured in a very un-natural colour for their age (such as jet black or very dark) No matter if they wear it down or up, it still looks silly IMO.
Agree. Women over 50-ish with long hair look trashy. Like trailer trash trashy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or