U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Short hair on women...sexy or no?
yes 39 26.71%
no 32 21.92%
Depends 75 51.37%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 05:16 PM

369 posts, read 309,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Ditto the not caring.

Mine is baby fine and thin and impossible to fool with.

I wear mine in a buzz cut. Wash and dry, no nothing. Love it!

Agree. Women over 50-ish with long hair look trashy. Like trailer trash trashy.
LOL How about 73?

Grandpa and grandson both wanna get some of that good stuff.

RACHEL WELCH PICS - Bing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 05:21 PM

Sophia Loren Pictures - Sophia Loren Photo Gallery - 2014

linda carter pics - Bing

I have good taste if you wondered.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:04 PM

10,945 posts, read 14,584,566 times
Quote:

Agree. Women over 50-ish with long hair look trashy. Like trailer trash trashy.
What? No way! I know women that are 'older' with long hair that look fabulous! My wife is in her late 40's and her hair is mid back length. She rarely dies her hair or applies any chemicals stuff- it looks great on her!

I see A LOT of older Montana women with gray streaked long hair that, quite frankly, are sexy as all get out!

Old 05-27-2014, 06:41 PM

3,491 posts, read 5,353,589 times
I like long hair....

Old 05-27-2014, 06:44 PM

229 posts, read 262,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Women who cut all their hair off give up on their looks.
I'm 43, and have short hair. It's much more practical that way for all the martial arts classes I take, to make sure I stay toned, slender, flexible, etc. You know, because I'm not giving up on my looks

Actually, I've almost always worn it short. It suits me better that way, both physical-appearance wise, and in (lazily not) caring for it. I've found cultivating a personality rather than a hairstyle has resulted in a very pleasing amount of attention from the sort of men I want to actually be involved with.

Incidentally, this is a total non-issue in Europe, where a range of expression via one's hair is the norm, and women feel free to choose the style that makes the best of their features and matches their lifestyle. I find the limited range of women's hairstyling here in AZ to be very spooky Stepford; like others have mentioned, I often get comments from women that end wistfully '...and I wish I had the nerve to cut mine short'. One even admitted that her husband wouldn't 'let' her! A grown woman!

Old 05-27-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
What? No way! I know women that are 'older' with long hair that look fabulous! My wife is in her late 40's and her hair is mid back length. She rarely dies her hair or applies any chemicals stuff- it looks great on her!

I see A LOT of older Montana women with gray streaked long hair that, quite frankly, are sexy as all get out!
Oklahoma too, remember this one? What a beautiful sweet lady and both inner and outer person.

saunt meg twister pics - Bing Images

Old 05-27-2014, 07:53 PM

13,904 posts, read 11,001,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by You Lose View Post
LOL How about 73?

RACHEL WELCH PICS - Bing
Professional stylists and extensions don't count. People who pay people huge sums of money to make them look pretty are in their own separate category.

Agree that Raquel is exceptionally beautiful.

But I'm sure we're talking about ordinary people who aren't professionally beautiful.

Quote:
Oklahoma too, remember this one? What a beautiful sweet lady and both inner and outer person.

saunt meg twister pics - Bing Images
You can't seriously believe that woman looks that way on her own! Again, professional make up, professional stylists, hair extensions, etc.

It's a movie. Hardly real life.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:19 PM

5,707 posts, read 4,278,721 times
Quote:
LOL How about 73?

RACHEL WELCH PICS - Bing
Her name is Raquel Welch, not Rachel Welch. And Yes, she does appear to be pretty hot for her age.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Professional stylists and extensions don't count. People who pay people huge sums of money to make them look pretty are in their own separate category.

Agree that Raquel is exceptionally beautiful.

But I'm sure we're talking about ordinary people who aren't professionally beautiful.

You can't seriously believe that woman looks that way on her own! Again, professional make up, professional stylists, hair extensions, etc.

It's a movie. Hardly real life.
I've seen plenty of women IRL who keep their hair nice as senior citizens as well. It's why men half their age check 'em out and chat them up. The 40 year old who butched her hair and got frumpy is lost in the dust. OMG....my life is over at 40-50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Her name is Raquel Welch, not Rachel Welch. And Yes, she does appear to be pretty hot for her age.
I know that, it was their error, not mine. She's one of my Dad and my "gals".

Old 05-27-2014, 08:35 PM

valere bertennli pics - Bing Images

susanna hoffs pics - Bing Images

maria ozmond pics - Bing Images
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or