Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Short hair on women...sexy or no?
yes 39 26.71%
no 32 21.92%
Depends 75 51.37%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 03:30 AM

11,650 posts, read 12,941,545 times

Advertisements

Winona Ryder and Demi Moore looked so much better with short hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 03:39 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
It definitely depends on the woman. Some women look sexier with shorter hair while others can look more attractive with longer hair. Some women will still look sexy regardless of having short or long hair. I think most people will agree with me.
Agreed. I look terrible with short hair. It makes my face look fat. My hair is dark, thick, wavy, and long, and it really suits my features. But it's a lot more work to keep up. I think women usually look good either one way or the other. To me it seems more slender women often look better with the short hairstyles.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:10 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,537,463 times
I SO dislike older women with long hair that is either mixed with grey or coloured in a very un-natural colour for their age (such as jet black or very dark) No matter if they wear it down or up, it still looks silly IMO.

If an older woman is going to keep her hair long, number one, it should suit her, it should be coloured in the appropriate colour for her age and skin colour, and she should not attempt keep up with the styles of younger women unless it suits her facial features. I had a friend who coloured her hair blonde (her natural colour was medium brown). She wore straight bangs and the rest was past her shoulders. It had a flip on the ends which she was always fussing with. She looked absolutely ridiculous and it didn't do a thing for her looks, in fact it made her look older, in a vain (failed) attempt to look younger. I'm glad to see that she is over that stage, and now wears it in a shorter cut in a nice colour and it looks great.

I am a wash and go type person. When I was younger, I grew my hair to my waistline at the back. All the hassles of washing it and combing it out got tiresome and I wanted a change. Once I cut it, I loved and still love the ease of washing it and either blowing it dry or just letting it dry naturally. If I want to fuss with it, I also have that option lol.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:51 AM

256 posts, read 342,728 times
All I know is the two years I had short hair I got asked out ssooooo much more than any other usual year. But that was before it got popular again to have short hair, short hairs popularity for women goes in and out every ten years it seems.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:18 AM

4,270 posts, read 6,293,626 times
I had super-short hair about 12 years ago and grew it out until it was near my lower back. My husband likes long hair and we've had many conversations about it. The past few years, I have been over it - long hair was just a pain to deal with. So a couple months ago I warned my husband that it was time for a change, and I went to the salon and got it cut into a pixie. It took ten years off my appearance and I have gotten a LOT of compliments on the new style along with a lot of "I wish I was brave enough to chop off all my hair!" from my co-workers.

My husband knows that after 12 years of long hair it's time for me to have a cut I truly want, versus just sticking with the status quo.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:56 AM

624 posts, read 762,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
Short hair looks awful on most women. Halle scary (barry) looks awful with short hair, and pamala anderson recently went short too, and it looks like cr@p.
I think Halle Berry and Rhianna both look better with short hair. Haven't seen PA's short 'do yet. I'm sure it looks great.

The problem we civilians have is finding/affording a good stylist that REALLY understands face shapes and hair texture. You aren't gonna get that at Super Cuts.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:56 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
Short hair can be really cute, but long hair is definitely sexier, because of what a woman can do with it in bed.

Old 05-27-2014, 10:42 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,673 times
I'm curious how many of the "yes" voters were female. As always, there's exceptions, but almost every guy I know finds almost every woman more attractive with longer hair. IME, it seems that women are the ones that like short hair on women, not guys.

Old 05-27-2014, 10:42 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
I had this conversation a couple of weeks ago with the hubs and about five other guys aged mid twenties to mid fifties.

Consensus?

Women who cut all their hair off give up on their looks.

Mine at 48 is halfway down my back.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:39 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
What we decided on similar threads is that it either needs to be fairly short or fairly long. Some people tuck long hair under a scarf and only wash it once a week, sometimes less frequently in winter.

Mine is so oily that it needs a daily washing! But not everyone has that problem.
I certainly agree about the "fairly short" and "fairly long" aspect concerning the ease and speed which one can clean, maintain, and fix their hair, it does make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Its easier for me to have long hair because it's curly (3A). I tried to cut it in one of those angled bobs, but I had to iron it every day or else it just looked like a short curly mess. I like the long curly mess better than the short curly mess when I don't feel like doing anything to it. The curl stretches as it gets longer too.
I too have curly hair and it is definitely more manageable when it is a bit longer (at least for me, that means shoulder length in long layers).

I would really prefer and love to have short hair, it's just not practical for me, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty