Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 03:55 PM

1,021 posts, read 2,303,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unquiltom View Post
^^^Maybe not photoshopped, but there's a lot of make-up there.
How about this pic with no make-up? She doesn't look to have aged as well as the other pic would have you think.
Oh well if you are talking about what specifically women look like without make up then that is an entirely different thread. Certainly Iman does not look as "done up" without her make up but still has excellent skin and features for someone who is almost 59 years old. Heck, Mila Kunis is nearly 30 years younger than Iman and does not have appreciably better skin than her without make up IMHO.

But you put on her make-up and Mila Kunis looks pretty youthful for 30!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 04:03 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,388,492 times
I just perused this thread and the majority, if not all, of those mentioned that have "aged well" have had lots of plastic surgery. Sad that people think that is necessary to age well.

My example of aging well would be Christine Lagarde.

Old 06-01-2014, 04:12 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
How "typical" that only the ageless beauty of black people was questioned.

Goldie Hawn

Old 06-01-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unquiltom View Post
^^^Maybe not photoshopped, but there's a lot of make-up there.
How about this pic with no make-up? She doesn't look to have aged as well as the other pic would have you think.
By the way, Iman (at age 58) has zero wrinkles in the photo that you posted unlike the "other" celebs that were posted

Old 06-01-2014, 04:28 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,755,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers10 View Post
Oh well if you are talking about what specifically women look like without make up then that is an entirely different thread. Certainly Iman does not look as "done up" without her make up but still has excellent skin and features for someone who is almost 59 years old. Heck, Mila Kunis is nearly 30 years younger than Iman and does not have appreciably better skin than her without make up IMHO.
That picture of Iman that says 2011 on it was clearly photoshopped, and only a blind person would not recognize that fact. And even if she has little-to-no wrinkles without makeup on, she STILL looks middle aged. Does she look good for her age? Yes. Does she look young? No. I'm about to turn 40 and let me tell you, there's no way that Iman looks anywhere near my age. Look at that picture of her with no makeup. That is definitely not the face of a 40-year-old, but of someone several years older.

And to Calipoppy, nobody's picking on her for being black. The photoshopped quality of her 2011 picture is what was being discussed.

Old 06-01-2014, 05:22 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,605,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
That picture of Iman that says 2011 on it was clearly photoshopped, and only a blind person would not recognize that fact. And even if she has little-to-no wrinkles without makeup on, she STILL looks middle aged. Does she look good for her age? Yes. Does she look young? No. I'm about to turn 40 and let me tell you, there's no way that Iman looks anywhere near my age. Look at that picture of her with no makeup. That is definitely not the face of a 40-year-old, but of someone several years older.

And to Calipoppy, nobody's picking on her for being black. The photoshopped quality of her 2011 picture is what was being discussed.
Agree, also I'm not sure just how old Iman really is....a poster earlier in this thread had her at 68 (maybe a typo),
I've seen both 1951 and 1955 as her birth year on various web sites as well as celeb bio books/almanacs. She does look good, does not look that young though.

A celebrity who has aged well.... best example has to be ....

Joan Rivers ....turns 81 this month and looks mid 50s ....still funny too.

Old 06-01-2014, 05:43 PM

At age 58, Iman slays the vast majority of "others" in their 30s and 40s. I know that its difficult for some of you to accept. Sorry.

Old 06-01-2014, 06:04 PM

1,021 posts, read 2,303,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VT22 View Post
Paula Abdul 51
Carol Alt 53
Jennifer Aniston 45
Christina Baranski 62
Jason Bateman 45
Valerie Bertinelli 54
Michael Bolton 61
Jon Bon Jovi 52
Christie Brinkley 60
Pierce Brosnan 63
Sandra Bullock turns 50 in july!
Michael Caine 81
Jim Carrey 52 (looks 42)
Lynda Carter 62
Kim Cattrall 57
Cher 62
George Clooney 53
Joan Collins 81
Harry Connick Jr 46
Katie Couric 57
Courtenay Cox 50
Sheryl Crowe 52
TOM CRUISE 51 (looks 31)******
Roger Daltrey 70
Ellen Degeneres 56
Patrick Dempsey 48
Catherine Deneuve 70
Laura Dern 47
Matt Dillon 50
Celine Dion 46
Robert Downey Jr 49
Clint Eastwood 85
Barbara Eden 82
Lou Ferigno 62
Sally Field 67
John Fogerty 69
JANE FONDA 76 (looks 56) ******
Faith Ford 49
Jodie Foster 51
Leeza Gibbons 57
Daryl Hannah 53
Teri Hatcher 49
Marilu Henner 62
Faith Hill 46
Keith Urban 46
Nicole Kidman 47
Diane Sawyer 68
Dawn Wells 76
Diane Lane 49
Jessica Lange 65
Julia Louis-Dreyfus 53 (looks 43)
ROB LOWE 50 (looks 35) ******
Ralph Macchio 52 (looks 42)
This thread is an interesting sociological display, notably due to the juxtaposition with the "white women standard of beauty" thread going on concurrently in this forum. It is unfortunate that race has to be injected into this thread. However the poster above listed as "aging well" 52 white celebrities and Paula Abdul. AT LEAST half of the list either looks like death warmed over or has had some serious work done. I seriously question the motivation for this list. Joan Collins? Jane Fonda? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRUA View Post
Agree, also I'm not sure just how old Iman really is....a poster earlier in this thread had her at 68 (maybe a typo),
I've seen both 1951 and 1955 as her birth year on various web sites as well as celeb bio books/almanacs. She does look good, does not look that young though.

A celebrity who has aged well.... best example has to be ....

Joan Rivers ....turns 81 this month and looks mid 50s ....still funny too.
The first poster did make a typo and put 68. But on the same page you posted your response, at least two people correctly indicated that Iman was 58. If you have seen somewhere that Iman was actually born in 1951 and is actually about 63 then I would think that would qualify her as aging even better than previously believed.

Joan Rivers aging well? Um...ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post

You do realize that this thread is about people who are "aging well". You can look middle-aged and still be aging well. As I provided with the example of Mila Kunis, most of the pictures of people listed in this thread as "aging well" are photoshopped. I'm not sure why that prevents someone from being qualified as "aging well". However, Iman was born in 1955. If you think she is not aging well then below are some pictures of other celebrity women born in 1955 (who also haven't had significant work done - sorry Reba McEntire and Tanya Roberts). Many people on this thread are listing without posting visual evidence. I'll let the court of public opinion decide who is aging better.

Iman

Debra Winger

Lena Olin

Whoopi Goldberg

Maria Shriver

Kate Mulgrew

Laurie Metcalf

Old 06-01-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers10 View Post
This thread is an interesting sociological display, notably due to the juxtaposition with the "white women standard of beauty" thread going on concurrently in this forum. It is unfortunate that race has to be injected into this thread. However the poster above listed as "aging well" 52 white celebrities and Paula Abdul. AT LEAST half of the list either looks like death warmed over or has had some serious work done. I seriously question the motivation for this list. Joan Collins? Jane Fonda? Really?

The first poster did make a typo and put 68. But on the same page you posted your response, at least two people correctly indicated that Iman was 58. If you have seen somewhere that Iman was actually born in 1951 and is actually about 63 then I would think that would qualify her as aging even better than previously believed.

Joan Rivers aging well? Um...ok?

You do realize that this thread is about people who are "aging well". You can look middle-aged and still be aging well. As I provided with the example of Mila Kunis, most of the pictures of people listed in this thread as "aging well" are photoshopped. I'm not sure why that prevents someone from being qualified as "aging well". However, Iman was born in 1955. If you think she is not aging well then below are some pictures of other celebrity women born in 1955 (who also haven't had significant work done - sorry Reba McEntire and Tanya Roberts). Many people on this thread are listing without posting visual evidence. I'll let the court of public opinion decide who is aging better.
The truth on steroids

Old 06-01-2014, 06:21 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times
Whats this?

A woman looks tired, distracted, unmade up and all of a sudden she's to be JUDGED?

How do y'all look on an off day?

Let's start posting so I can judge you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty