U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 01:15 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,848,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
Shaun Robinson from Access Hollywood
You made me think of Holly Robinson (Peete) from "21 Jump Street". She also turns 50 this year:

"21 Jump Street" co-star Johnny Depp has aged very well in his own right IMHO:

And accordingly, so did Richard Greco (until disqualified for untimely plastic surgery later):

And so did Steven Williams:

Was there something in the water on the set of "21 Jump Street"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 01:38 PM

1,301 posts, read 1,242,295 times
Default But why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Go!
It appears the posts bespeak of physical beauty. genes, diet and exercise come to mind. I did meet a pilates instructor who I grew up with who appeared to stop aging. Her secret all of the above and human growth hormone. But like Dorian Gray there were awful consequences.

Old 05-30-2014, 02:28 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,891,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I don't post pix of myself on internet forums, but most guys I know (which of course includes my husband, and my two doctors) think I look pretty damn good for my age. I work out and eat healthy, have almost no wrinkles other than a few fine lines and a pretty decent figure (long legs, big boobs) My doctors tell me that my age (if one does not know it) would be very difficult to guess. While I certainly don't look 25 or 35, people might guess me to be in my 40s; and I would say that compared to Hillary, yes, I do look "hot." LOL

Actually, you thinking Hillary still looks hot for her age makes me feel pretty good, as in just because a woman is in her 60s it doesn't mean she can't still be hot!
So true. I see them every day.

Old 05-30-2014, 02:31 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,891,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
No disrespect here. I'm just stating that since African Americans can usually trace other ethnic origins in their racial makeup, that's not entirely true. All women need upkeep for their hair, their skin their bodies as they age. That's just a part and reality of being human. It's a medical fact that if one abuses their bodies with neglect, it will show.
Nah, it's true. Black don't crack.

But the well-preserved appearance of the women mentioned in the earlier post also points to the fact that these women made sure they took care of themselves.

Old 05-30-2014, 02:41 PM

2,316 posts, read 1,903,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Nah, it's true. Black don't crack.

But the well-preserved appearance of the women mentioned in the earlier post also points to the fact that these women made sure they took care of themselves.
Right. Black skin has more melanin, and is thicker.

I am white with very thin skin. I started getting crow's feet in my late teens.

Sun damage and my basic facial structure made things worse. Some people don't wrinkle up much when they smile, regardless of age. Because of my facial structure, my eye area always looked like crepe paper when I smiled, even as a kid.

There's no miracle cream to help that!

Old 05-30-2014, 03:32 PM

14,648 posts, read 29,685,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers10 View Post
Richard Gere and William Hurt both look every minute of their age (64 yrs. old):

Julia Roberts has had work done:

Julia Roberts Plastic Surgery Was Executed Well
I do NOT believe Julia had any "work done." There are always articles published where people are just guessing about that when someone looks good. The only things Julia has done has changed hair color, makeup and gotten veneers. That said, she looks just like what she is - a beautiful 40-something woman.

Old 05-30-2014, 03:40 PM

69 posts, read 96,720 times
Paula Abdul 51
Carol Alt 53
Jennifer Aniston 45
Christina Baranski 62
Jason Bateman 45
Valerie Bertinelli 54
Michael Bolton 61
Jon Bon Jovi 52
Christie Brinkley 60
Pierce Brosnan 63
Sandra Bullock turns 50 in july!
Michael Caine 81
Jim Carrey 52 (looks 42)
Lynda Carter 62
Kim Cattrall 57
Cher 62
George Clooney 53
Joan Collins 81
Harry Connick Jr 46
Katie Couric 57
Courtenay Cox 50
Sheryl Crowe 52
TOM CRUISE 51 (looks 31)******
Roger Daltrey 70
Ellen Degeneres 56
Patrick Dempsey 48
Catherine Deneuve 70
Laura Dern 47
Matt Dillon 50
Celine Dion 46
Robert Downey Jr 49
Clint Eastwood 85
Barbara Eden 82
Lou Ferigno 62
Sally Field 67
John Fogerty 69
JANE FONDA 76 (looks 56) ******
Faith Ford 49
Jodie Foster 51
Leeza Gibbons 57
Daryl Hannah 53
Teri Hatcher 49
Marilu Henner 62
Faith Hill 46
Keith Urban 46
Nicole Kidman 47
Diane Sawyer 68
Dawn Wells 76
Diane Lane 49
Jessica Lange 65
Julia Louis-Dreyfus 53 (looks 43)
ROB LOWE 50 (looks 35) ******
Ralph Macchio 52 (looks 42)

Old 05-30-2014, 05:34 PM

33,029 posts, read 12,488,458 times
Ellen Burstyn - 81
Susan Sarandon - 67

I suspect Ellen Burstyn had plastic surgery. But whoever it was, did a great job.

Susan Sarandon - Hard to believe she is nearly 70.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:01 PM

13,043 posts, read 21,154,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
Rita Moreno
Roger Staubach
Randy White
Jodie Foster
Sean Penn
Rosie Perez
Helen Mirrin

Barbara Walters
Oprah
Jane Fonda
Spicoli is 53 years old - in this photo, he looks like he got trapped overnight in a tanning bed set to "char-broil".
Attached Thumbnails
Men and women that have aged well-image.jpg  

Old 05-30-2014, 06:47 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,848,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I do NOT believe Julia had any "work done." There are always articles published where people are just guessing about that when someone looks good. The only things Julia has done has changed hair color, makeup and gotten veneers. That said, she looks just like what she is - a beautiful 40-something woman.
I actually agree in most instances. In my previous post, I listed Holly Robinson Peete and Johnny Depp as aging well. Similar articles have alleged possible nose jobs for both and Botox for Johnny Depp's forehead. In looking at pictures of both when they were younger, I think it is fully plausible that neither had cosmetic procedures (their noses do not look radically different over time).

As some articles allege, I think it is also possible that Julia Roberts had no nose job. He nose looks essentially the same as it did when she was young. However, it also appears her facial structure has changed. Certainly it could be true that it is only Botox injections. But from all descriptions that I am reading, even if it is just "Enquirer" fluff for the most part it is clear that she has cosmetically undergone in some fashion a tightening of the skin around her eyes, cheeks, lower jaw, bottom lip, and forehead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty