Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 02:04 PM

164 posts, read 195,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers10 View Post
Oh well if you are talking about what specifically women look like without make up then that is an entirely different thread. Certainly Iman does not look as "done up" without her make up but still has excellent skin and features for someone who is almost 59 years old. Heck, Mila Kunis is nearly 30 years younger than Iman and does not have appreciably better skin than her without make up IMHO.

But you put on her make-up and Mila Kunis looks pretty youthful for 30!
Even with makeup on, she looks around 30 and maybe a few year older. It's the nasolabial folds that's starting to settle in that made her look that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 12:18 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,880,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
Shaun Robinson from Access Hollywood
Holy cow! I see her on TV regularly and thought she was in her 30's.

While reading the pages, I was checking for a Susanna Hoffs mention. Not surprised she was overlooked. Try to find any evidence that she's aged more than a few years since the mid-1980's. Even with her vegetarian ways and Jewish ancestry, it seems incredible. And she has been through the stressor of having kids.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:48 AM

71 posts, read 67,693 times
Angela basset

Brad Pitt

Vivica fox

Jon Bon Jovi

Old 06-30-2014, 11:12 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Nah, it's true. Black don't crack.

But the well-preserved appearance of the women mentioned in the earlier post also points to the fact that these women made sure they took care of themselves.
Yes it does. The wrinkles just aren't as noticeable.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:33 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
How "typical" that only the ageless beauty of black people was questioned.

Goldie Hawn
That first pic of Hawn has to be photoshopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRUA View Post
A celebrity who has aged well.... best example has to be ....

Joan Rivers ....turns 81 this month and looks mid 50s ....still funny too.

LOL.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:57 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I'd agree. Many of the listed people have had assistance in "aging well."

Robin Wright
Famke Janssen
Helen Mirren

John Stamos
Liam Neeson
Kevin Costner
I agree that most celebrities mentioned as having "aged well" have likely just had subtle work done. I think Helen Mirren has, too.

I totally with your listing Robin Wright, though. She appears totally natural. And she's a classic beauty.

Some others I'll add who appear not to have had facial surgery or a lot/any Botox (though some may have had other surgeries):

Sheryl Crow (I've seen her in person a couple of times. No makeup and she looks fabulous)
Connie Britton
Halle Berry
Sharon Stone
Jennifer Aniston
Gwen Stefani
Catherine Keener
Oprah Winfrey
Kelly Lynch
Kim Cattrall
Holly Hunter
Julia Roberts
Sally Field
Bo Derek
Katey Sagal
Deirdre Hall
Jennifer Ehle (Ellizabeth Bennett in 1995 version of Pride and Prejudice)

Julianne Moore, Meryl Streep, Diane Sawyer, Jane Seymour are all beautiful, but I'm not sure they haven't had work done or at least lots of Botox.

John Stamos? Yum, is all I can say. And:

Jeffrey Dean Morgan
Jason Bateman
Rob Lowe
Patrick Dempsey
Benjamin Bratt
Denzel Washington
Richard Gere
Brad Pitt
Charles Barkley (yes, Charles Barkley. That man is beautiful.)

Old 07-01-2014, 11:23 PM

265 posts, read 404,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post

I think Sharon Osbourne is very beautiful but she had a considerable amount of plastic surgery done several years ago and she did not try to hide it from the public.
Not sure she could hide it from the public even if she wanted to. C'mon - have you seen her face? Freaky! (Said in the voice of the baby talking about the mime in the State Farm commercial).

Old 07-02-2014, 12:26 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
One thing I notice in practically all photographs of older celebrities is the absence of "turkey neck" when there should be some present. In real life everyone I know in these age groups show wear and sagging in this area, so I think some celebrities nip 'n' tuck their necks and call it good.

I watched a fairly recent movie with Julia Dreyfuss and thought she looked really haggard and bad, but it was obvious that she hasn't been nipped 'n' tucked yet.

I think Sharon Osbourne is very beautiful but she had a considerable amount of plastic surgery done several years ago and she did not try to hide it from the public.
It depends on what you consider "older". Plenty of women get into their 50's without having neck issues yet. When aging really shows up is closer to 60.

Old 07-02-2014, 12:28 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
That first pic of Hawn has to be photoshopped.
Actually, if you look around the internet, you'll see that's not far off at all. It's the 2nd one that's photoshopped.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:01 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,195,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
Its hard for me to understand why anyone would include hollywood actors on this list. Is it not true that the vast majority of the most famous ones undergo cosmetic procedures in order to keep getting work?
Alex Kingston (who is on the list, and is turning 52) has been quite outspoken about not having had Botox or plastic surgery, and about her concerns that this has been detrimental to her career at times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty