U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2014, 08:25 PM

7,185 posts, read 7,520,266 times

Advertisements

See what he needed was a strong sista to, put it on him, he would of then forgot all about white women

Old 06-03-2014, 08:28 PM

5,570 posts, read 5,366,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
See what he needed was a strong sista to, put it on him, he would of then forgot all about white women
One would think, but stranger things have been known to happen.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:41 PM

26,878 posts, read 28,163,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
You know its funny because, no one was thinking about WW in this way before this guy went on his killing spree and a few months from now, no one will be thinking about them in this way again. So now, after celebrating the beauty in so many other races of women, we want to have a serious discussion about WW because someone couldn't handle the rejection?

I'm not mad about it or anything but feminists have been speaking about the hypocrisy of impossible standards of beauty that WW were expected to live up to for several decades, and little has changed. Then other races of women try to jump in on the whole feminist thing but the honest truth is that it never spoke to them, for them, or included them, and it never will, because it is a different struggle that women of color experience, because it is about the contradictions of being the world's standard, while experiencing such demeaning, humiliating, and denigrating treatment, often at the hands of WM (but not exclusively).

But of course, the movement will accept their support as validation, as it makes it real in a way that it never would have been otherwise (other than if it were just WW protesting). Just pawns in a chess game; you never heard that from me though.
That's absolutely not true. It has been going on for as long as I can remember, and I am not particularly old. I met plenty of men, with back gundis like his who put white women, particularly blond ones on pedestals. I distinctly remember a blond girl, in college who would use Arab guys with the sentiment to get free stuff all the time. She wasn't one of my favorite people as she treated non white people (that she could not use for free stuff) like crap.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:31 PM

542 posts, read 1,503,103 times
Sexual relationships in the US are very segregated in general. Everywhere I go in this country, even in NYC or LA, I see white with white, Asian with Asian, Latino with Latino and so on and so forth. The only two mixed type couples that I see now and then are Indian man with white woman and Black man with white woman. White Man with Asian girl has definitely taken a nosedive with the current generation, as the US born Asian men have stepped up their game and have taken back "their" girls. They have been hitting the gym, getting tattoos and being more thuggish, which is what women fall for. And my hat is off to them, because it seems to be working. Whereas "John Smith" is unable to attract Asian girls like he used to. Perhaps others have noticed this too. I think when white girls go with non-white men, it is partly a backlash against their own white boys, so as to say "See I can do it too". I have been with a United Nations list of women, and honestly, they are all the same to me (same old whining, need for drama etc)with just subtle differences. I mean, when the lights are off, does any of this ethnic/racial appearance nonsense really matter? That is just for showing off when walking around town or for appeasing family/friends and perhaps society in general. For me the biggest turn-offs, irrespective of race, are unpleasant odors, bad breath, being overweight and being unacceptably ugly. And that crosses racial lines, trust me. And another thing I must add - I think men overall are attracted to personality as much as women are, but not to the exclusion of physical appearance, like women seem to be in many cases.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:46 PM
EA

5,473 posts, read 4,668,444 times
I'm sorry, white girls just don't have enough butt to be the standard of beauty.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:56 PM

877 posts, read 1,026,364 times
Probably

Then again, most white women (especially in the US) don't even meet their own standards of beauty

Old 06-03-2014, 11:58 PM

16,438 posts, read 18,519,594 times
"Promoted as"? I hadn't noticed that. Whites are the majority in the US, so it is obvious that ads will have whites in them more than minorities. There are beautiful women in every country in the world. God makes them that way.

Old 06-04-2014, 08:19 AM

5,570 posts, read 5,366,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
That's absolutely not true. It has been going on for as long as I can remember, and I am not particularly old. I met plenty of men, with back gundis like his who put white women, particularly blond ones on pedestals. I distinctly remember a blond girl, in college who would use Arab guys with the sentiment to get free stuff all the time. She wasn't one of my favorite people as she treated non white people (that she could not use for free stuff) like crap.
I am talking about the outcry against it. Domestic violence and violence against women is as old as humanity. I find it unsettling, when women are assaulted and killed everyday, that we're just now taking this seriously.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:12 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,581,872 times
I think the cutest most irresistibly attractive beauty trend is when all the gorgeous among all the different complexion colors of women are seen posing together arm in arm

Or

You take a girl of a similar hair style and dress and alternate the skin complexion from light to dark with same gorgeous smile and clothes as a sort of "I am everyone, I am me, we're all one, we're all gorgeous, my nationality is all of the above"...i am metamorphic and I get blonde and tan and dark and bring all together into one gorgeous being...I rotate colors

Old 06-04-2014, 11:23 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,581,872 times
And now when I think about it, there's perception bias by pose based on your own complexion and color

Online you will find more attractive posings and more body flexibility among darker skin type models and when you do see it in blonde (usually Canadian model poses) otherwise it's usually more likely a dyed-blonde

This creates an appeal to exotic poses by natural blondes because they are less common in pose portraits. The bias is there being something "cuter" about the blonde poses than the non/blondes

But you erase this bias by having the metamorphic attractive woman who rotates to all skin colors and resonates in each one of them

The blonde appeal though is also the concept of light vs absence of light colors of the spectrum. Lighter color = also see-through and for men that see-through concept appeals to male testosterone...though it's a mind game because all you will see more of is perhaps blue blood and a few birth marks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or