U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2014, 12:08 PM

17,414 posts, read 18,344,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Nope, no nerve hit. But bringing up Josef Mengele seems to show you're a bit too much into your emotions.

But if you want to tell yourself there's no racial hierarchy, perhaps you should exit this question considering this is pretty much what it's about. We can blame the media all we want but when you go into the slums of India they aren't going to be too familiar with Charlize Theron, but skin color and facial features will still be something they focus heavily on.

And the women who do go on to become famous in Bollywood will have some typically Caucasian features
Your presumption is that Caucasian features are superior which is your opinion...not fact.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:12 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,990,065 times
Quote:
Nope, no nerve hit. But bringing up Josef Mengele
seems to show you're a bit too much into your emotions.
Nah. It just shows that you and him have some beliefs which are similar.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:27 PM

3,037 posts, read 2,352,660 times
Quote:
It's just observation. The features are more symmetrical that the typical flat, wide noses, big lips and round faces.

This whole thread is based off of speculation and being politically correct. There is one study proving that white women and Asian women tend to be perceived as most attractive due to lower testosterone levels, which means they have more delicate features than certain other groups of women.

Likewise, black men and white men have slightly higher testosterone levels and tend to have features perceived as more masculine. Strong jaw bone, height, broad shoulders and ability to gain muscle, as well as deeper voices.

Trying to make this as politically correct as possible, without offending people causing then to whine and complain
In other words based on your personal observations which are moot in the grand scheme of things? nothing you said above indicates that white women are more likely to meet the golden ratio of beauty. So again beyond your own inflated opinion about how you are more likely to posses superior facial features as a white woman, you have provided nothing to back up what you said. If your really attempting to use stereotypes about looks and Implying that black women have flat wide noses and other facial features that are often associated with negative facial attributes and assigning the positive facial features with white women all you've really done is prove the point I made pages back. The assumption that white women somehow are better looking on the virtue that they are white and therefore posses certain features that are better than other groups. The reality of course is that the average white women does not meet the golden ratio and looks nothing like the white women spouted in the media that posses the features that people claim are beautiful. Similarly not every black woman has flat wide noses or west African facial traits. In fact amongst the black women I know(since we are going off personal observations) most do not have those stereotypical features. In fact as lucario pointed out Asian women have the flat wide faces. And yet there is supposedly a study that they are amongst the most attractive women right?

No one can contest that there are very beautiful white women, most just have issue with the tiring idea that white women are the most beautiful and therefore should dominate the media. You can't understand this and that's okay, I don't expect you would, but don't assume that your observations are correct. Personal experiences aside you have not provided anything to support the nonsense you said about white women being more likely to posess the golden ratio of beauty.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:32 PM

877 posts, read 1,030,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
In other words based on your personal observations which are moot in the grand scheme of things? nothing you said above indicates that white women are more likely to meet the golden ratio of beauty. So again beyond your own inflated opinion about how you are more likely to posses superior facial features as a white woman, you have provided nothing to back up what you said. If your really attempting to use stereotypes about looks and Implying that black women have flat wide noses and other facial features that are often associated with negative facial attributes and assigning the positive facial features with white women all you've really done is prove the point I made pages back. The assumption that white women somehow are better looking on the virtue that they are white and therefore posses certain features that are better than other groups. The reality of course is that the average white women does not meet the golden ratio and looks nothing like the white women spouted in the media that posses the features that people claim are beautiful. Similarly not every black woman has flat wide noses or west African facial traits. In fact amongst the black women I know(since we are going off personal observations) most do not have those stereotypical features. In fact as lucario pointed out Asian women have the flat wide faces. And yet there is supposedly a study that they are amongst the most attractive women right?

No one can contest that there are very beautiful white women, most just have issue with the tiring idea that white women are the most beautiful and therefore should be the only women represented in the media.
I'm not white and I'm guessing the rest of your post is based off of me being white

Last edited by coffeendonuts; 06-09-2014 at 12:40 PM..

Old 06-09-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Nah. It just shows that you and him have some beliefs which are similar.
Nope, not at all. But that is a typical liberal response

Anyone who doesn't believe the world is rainbows and cotton candy is the devil!

Old 06-09-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Your presumption is that Caucasian features are superior which is your opinion...not fact.
I'm not white and I don't believe Caucasian features are superior. But why else does east Asia have the largest skin bleaching industry in the world, where over 80% of their skincare products contain bleaching agents?

Why do they so eagerly rush to eyelid surgery?

Why do certain women wear horse hair or hair from the head of someone from Malaysia/China/India?

Granted, most white women don't meet the standard of beauty either, particularly in the west. But apparently their features are generally most desirable.

And check out magazines that cater to MEN and show what MEN want to see. There are plenty of beautiful non Caucasian women who could be ranked, but that's not what men want to see. Men want to see Candice Swanepoel, not Hyori Lee.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Nope, not at all. But that is a typical liberal response

Anyone who doesn't believe the world is rainbows and cotton candy is the devil!
Nah.....the Devil is the Devil, and he surfaces in many forms.

I don't even know why you consider me liberal, as I am really not on many levels.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
I'm not white and I don't believe Caucasian
features are superior. But why else does east Asia have the largest skin
bleaching industry in the world, where over 80% of their skincare products
contain bleaching agents?

Why do they so eagerly rush to eyelid surgery?
Because their minds are colonized and warped by white supremacy. Did women in Korea, China or Japan try to change their eyelids before contact with Europeans?

Quote:
Why do certain women wear horse hair or hair from the head of someone from
Malaysia/China/India?
Dunno, as I find it idiotic.

Quote:
Granted, most white women don't meet the standard of beauty either, particularly
in the west. But apparently their features are generally most desirable.
To whom?

Quote:
And check out magazines that cater to MEN and show what MEN want to see. There
are plenty of beautiful non Caucasian women who could be ranked, but that's not
what men want to see. Men want to see Candice Swanepoel, not Hyori Lee.
Yes.......magazines that cater to Caucasian men.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Nah.....the Devil is the Devil, and he surfaces in many forms.

I don't even know why you consider me liberal, as I am really not on many levels.
Because it's a typical response. Your opinion isn't politically correct therefore you're an extremist. Lolz

Discussing race on a forum of politically correct people is interesting. Everyone says what they think should be said yet they don't realize these questions are asked for a reason.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Because their minds are colonized and warped by white supremacy. Did women in Korea, China or Japan try to change their eyelids before contact with Europeans?

Dunno, as I find it idiotic.

To whom?

Yes.......magazines that cater to Caucasian men.
No, magazines that cater to the general public. I'm think Maxim and FHM, not necessarily Playboy or Penthouse.

I'm also talking about looking at the women around the world who are considered beautiful. Of you look at beauty standards elsewhere, still very Eurocentric.

Every now and then they'll throw in a useless token like Halle (but how much can they milk her anymore since she's a prune), but for the most part white women are universally desired.

The hair color (variety), skin color (variety), features (again, more variety) makes them attractive to a wide variety of men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or