U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-09-2014, 11:50 AM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 32,916,012 times
Reputation: 11780

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Because it's a typical response. Your opinion isn't politically correct therefore you're an extremist. Lolz

Discussing race on a forum of politically correct people is interesting. Everyone says what they think should be said yet they don't realize these questions are asked for a reason.
I don't even know what politically correct means.

 
Old 06-09-2014, 11:53 AM
 
877 posts, read 1,026,796 times
Reputation: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I don't even know what politically correct means.
Nah, you do. It's the type of response you wanted to me give

There is beauty in every and all races and skin colors. There is no standard of beauty. Yeahhh, right
 
Old 06-09-2014, 11:56 AM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,414 posts, read 18,289,408 times
Reputation: 18593
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
I'm not white and I don't believe Caucasian features are superior. But why else does east Asia have the largest skin bleaching industry in the world, where over 80% of their skincare products contain bleaching agents?

Why do they so eagerly rush to eyelid surgery?

Why do certain women wear horse hair or hair from the head of someone from Malaysia/China/India?

Granted, most white women don't meet the standard of beauty either, particularly in the west. But apparently their features are generally most desirable.

And check out magazines that cater to MEN and show what MEN want to see. There are plenty of beautiful non Caucasian women who could be ranked, but that's not what men want to see. Men want to see Candice Swanepoel, not Hyori Lee.
Why do people tan?

Why are some women trying to get full, pouty lips?

Why are certain women now trying to reshape their bodies (their behinds) to mimic the body shape of certain other women?
 
Old 06-09-2014, 11:58 AM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 32,916,012 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
No, magazines that cater to the general public.
I'm think Maxim and FHM, not necessarily Playboy or Penthouse.
Yes......magazines edited by white men that cater to the overwhelmingly white general public. Big deal.

Quote:
Every now and then they'll throw in a useless token like Halle (but how much can
they milk her anymore since she's a prune), but for the most part white women
are universally desired.
Useless token. Prune. You kill me. I'm about 99% sure that, to use a bad mixed metaphor, you couldn't carry Halle Berry's bra strap.

Quote:
The hair color (variety), skin color (variety), features (again, more variety)
makes them attractive to a wide variety of men.
You can find that in women of any race. Do you think Halle Berry looks anything like Lupita Nyong'o?
 
Old 06-09-2014, 11:59 AM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 32,916,012 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why do people tan?

Why are some women trying to get full, pouty lips?

Why are certain women now trying to reshape their bodies (their behinds) to mimic the body shape of certain other women?
Couldn't be because they feel, well, inadequate, could it?
 
Old 06-09-2014, 12:00 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 32,916,012 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Nah, you do. It's the type of response you wanted to me give

There is beauty in every and all races and skin colors. There is no standard of beauty. Yeahhh, right
Frankly, I don't want you to give any response at all, because everything you say reveals an unlimited, deep vein of ignorance.
 
Old 06-09-2014, 12:14 PM
 
3,037 posts, read 2,341,619 times
Reputation: 3563
Did you really just say white women have a variety of skin tones? Pale, fair, olive. And then of course tan or orange.. If your really going to use that argument that white women cater to other races because of the variety in all of those things then i have to disagree. Granted white women do have a wide range of hair color and eye colors compared to other races, but that's it.

Black women have more skin complexion variety than any race of women(if we are going to go there).

But really this is moot. Based on your attempts to prove white women are more beautiful than other groups, your true colors are starting to reveal. It's not about you not being politically correct, you're just ignorant. Everything you've said thus far is either without evidence, or based on stereotypes.

I'm guessing and hoping that this is really your opinion and that you really don't assume that most men or people feel the way you do.
 
Old 06-09-2014, 12:36 PM
 
877 posts, read 1,026,796 times
Reputation: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why do people tan?

Why are some women trying to get full, pouty lips?

Why are certain women now trying to reshape their bodies (their behinds) to mimic the body shape of certain other women?
They tan for a Mediterranean look, not to look black (contrary to what black women like to argue/claim)
 
Old 06-09-2014, 12:38 PM
 
877 posts, read 1,026,796 times
Reputation: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Did you really just say white women have a variety of skin tones? Pale, fair, olive. And then of course tan or orange.. If your really going to use that argument that white women cater to other races because of the variety in all of those things then i have to disagree. Granted white women do have a wide range of hair color and eye colors compared to other races, but that's it.

Black women have more skin complexion variety than any race of women(if we are going to go there).

But really this is moot. Based on your attempts to prove white women are more beautiful than other groups, your true colors are starting to reveal. It's not about you not being politically correct, you're just ignorant. Everything you've said thus far is either without evidence, or based on stereotypes.

I'm guessing and hoping that this is really your opinion and that you really don't assume that most men or people feel the way you do.
Keep telling yourself that. If it makes you, as a black woman, feel better. That's why this question is being asked. Then cool!
 
Old 06-09-2014, 12:39 PM
 
877 posts, read 1,026,796 times
Reputation: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Frankly, I don't want you to give any response at all, because everything you say reveals an unlimited, deep vein of ignorance.
I'm well aware of everything we are discussing, but nice try.

Next time I'll try to give a colorful PC response

I'd hate to offend the sensitive again. I know liberals hate when anyone disagrees with them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top