Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2014, 06:01 PM

877 posts, read 1,316,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Seriously, who cares what Caucasian men are attracted to? And since when are they the sole arbiters of the desirability of all women? This thread is not about what white men want.
Because I've already said that the women who represent other communities typically have Caucasian features. They don't necessarily want to see a white woman, but they want to see a whiter version of their kind, with European features. A broad nose, not so big lips, high cheekbones, a heart shaped/oval face, straight or "good" hair, light skin.

And I also mentioned that in some cultures, these features (which are often considered European/white features) are indicative of other things such as social class.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:09 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
To second your thoughts, I wonder if anyone saw Miss USA last night. The finalists were pretty much looked the same. They all pretty much had the same facial features, even the black lady. Just goes to say that by the time women are filtered as "pretty" they will all more or less look the same.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:17 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usroute10 View Post
White women are most definitely promulgated as the most beautiful - that Nordic, blond hair and blue eye look. But, in general, white and Jewish people control the media, so it is natural that they would promote their own women as the pinnacle of beauty.
Maybe the Nordic thing not so much anymore, but definitely the Caucasoid look. That looks Latinas, who are mostly European (the ones plauded as beautiful).

Old 06-09-2014, 06:18 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Because I've already said that the women who represent other communities typically have Caucasian features. They don't necessarily want to see a white woman, but they want to see a whiter version of their kind, with European features. A broad nose, not so big lips, high cheekbones, a heart shaped/oval face, straight or "good" hair, light skin.

And I also mentioned that in some cultures, these features (which are often considered European/white features) are indicative of other things such as social class.
That's it. Even when people say, 'oh, look there's an Asian/African woman' it's usually a woman with more 'white' or neutral features. Ethnocentric features like a broad nose or small eyes are never showcased in Miss Universe etc...

Old 06-09-2014, 09:19 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,056,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
I think that he or she means "White" in the sense that the U.S. Census Bureau defines it.
You mean including North Africans? Because certainly those women sure don't have the features that the media depicts as beautiful. Too dark.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:

Umm...

High cheekbones are kind of an Asian trait. Actually they ARE an Asian trait. Caucasoid faces rarely have high cheekbones, unless they belong to Eastern Europeans, who do have slightly more Asian faces. Broad noses are also seen in Blacks and Asians. Do you mean small, thin noses???

This is moot, though. These other features you listed aren't by any means held by Europeans exclusively. Middle Easterners, certain Indians and South Asians, North and East Africans, etc. all have these "European" features. Europeans do NOT have a monopoly on these features, and for those that do believe it, google pictures of Ethiopians, East Indians, Somalians, Palestinians, and other people of the Middle East.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
That's it. Even when people say, 'oh, look there's an Asian/African woman' it's usually a woman with more 'white' or neutral features. Ethnocentric features like a broad nose or small eyes are never showcased in Miss Universe etc...
Again, read my post. People of European descent have no monopoly on said features.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:29 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Quote:
There are guys with yellow fever, but they're in the minority. And they typically develop that fever as a result of not being able to get the Caucasian women they want.

Just look at certain forums such as reddit or bodybuilder. the same guys who only date/like Asian women are the same ones who bad mouth white women, yet they're white guys.

And guys at my school are actually open about their dislike for certain non-Caucasian groups of women...and they're white guys who could probably get any girl. Wealthy, southern, short but eh looking.

Yeah, the Caucasian guys who like non-Caucasian women are typically not quality men.There are those few Robert DeNiro rejects who lack choices and therefore settle on finding other groups of women attractive. But that's after they realize the hot girls of their race don't want them.
Disagreed, many well to do and rich in the East Coast date Asian because white women have been known to be disingenuous and manipulative when it comes to money and status. Look at Mark Zuckerberg you can laugh at him all you want, he could easily gotten any girl he wanted being CEO of Facebook even before their IPO he stayed with his Asian girlfriend who by all means not all that attractive.

Many white guys also agrees that most white women's beauty starts to fall apart when they turn 30. Look at Lindsay Lohan, she maybe a bad example but she's quite common here in the Northeast especially women that that are in corporate and spends a lot of time drinking and smoking.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
There are guys with yellow fever, but they're in the minority. And they typically develop that fever as a result of not being able to get the Caucasian women they want.

Just look at certain forums such as reddit or bodybuilder. the same guys who only date/like Asian women are the same ones who bad mouth white women, yet they're white guys.

And guys at my school are actually open about their dislike for certain non-Caucasian groups of women...and they're white guys who could probably get any girl. Wealthy, southern, short but eh looking.

Yeah, the Caucasian guys who like non-Caucasian women are typically not quality men.There are those few Robert DeNiro rejects who lack choices and therefore settle on finding other groups of women attractive. But that's after they realize the hot girls of their race don't want them.
Are you seriously trying to prove that a very subjective matter like the beauty of one race over another? Get over yourself. It means less competition for guys like you!

I personally like White women (and by White I mean women with fair complexions, not the term to encompass all Caucasoid like peoples who for the most part are not even light skinned). I like Danish and Swedish women. But does that mean I look down upon guys who like Blacks or Asians?

At work I am the only guy that likes White girls. Every other coworker likes Blacks and "Latinas" (you know, that term that to them really means racially ambiguous brown skinned women). Few guys agree with me that White girls are attractive. But I am on the South Side of Chicago. So no, even non-White guys can be attracted to their own kind. I know! Such a shock to hear!

Anyway, I personally like flat butt, small lipped, skinny White girls. So many guys look at me like I'm crazy. But hey, the lanky Northern European look does it for me. Except don't feed a Nordic girl too much because they will get fat and they do NOT store body fat effectively (they tend to not have hips or butts so the fat goes right to the gut and the face). So they're not perfect, either. But they are my faves.

I don't even like Italian girls (who at one point weren't White at in my opinion still aren't) because even though they have pretty faces, they are hairier than most women and do not age gracefully and with age can look like men. But again, all MY opinions here. No argument. Who cares if you like Italian women? I don't. To each his own.

Only losers argue over what type of women are the prettiest.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Disagreed, many well to do and rich in the East Coast date Asian because white women have been known to be disingenuous and manipulative when it comes to money and status. Look at Mark Zuckerberg you can laugh at him all you want, he could easily gotten any girl he wanted being CEO of Facebook even before their IPO he stayed with his Asian girlfriend who by all means not all that attractive.

Many white guys also agrees that most white women's beauty starts to fall apart when they turn 30. Look at Lindsay Lohan, she maybe a bad example but she's quite common here in the Northeast especially women that that are in corporate and spends a lot of time drinking and smoking.
Meh, I think Northern Europeans retain more of their young features with age. Mediterranean women on the other hand look like dudes when they pass 40. But I don't consider Mediterraneans White, so....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty