U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-09-2014, 10:30 PM
 
877 posts, read 1,027,149 times
Reputation: 1156

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Disagreed, many well to do and rich in the East Coast date Asian because white women have been known to be disingenuous and manipulative when it comes to money and status. Look at Mark Zuckerberg you can laugh at him all you want, he could easily gotten any girl he wanted being CEO of Facebook even before their IPO he stayed with his Asian girlfriend who by all means not all that attractive.

Many white guys also agrees that most white women's beauty starts to fall apart when they turn 30. Look at Lindsay Lohan, she maybe a bad example but she's quite common here in the Northeast especially women that that are in corporate and spends a lot of time drinking and smoking.
Exhibit A

And Mark, aside from his money, is far from a catch. The white guys who end up with Asian women usually end up settling for them after the white girls they want reject them. If Asian chicks don't want them, they might date black girls.
The rejects of the rejects. And Jews will date anyone

But ok lolz

 
Old 06-10-2014, 04:40 AM
 
Location: Melbourne, Australia
9,783 posts, read 15,361,680 times
Reputation: 2833
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
Again, read my post. People of European descent have no monopoly on said features.
They don't, but Asian individuals with more extreme features are not heralded as paragons of beauty.
 
Old 06-10-2014, 07:51 AM
 
4,801 posts, read 3,451,682 times
Reputation: 2568
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
They don't, but Asian individuals with more extreme features are not heralded as paragons of beauty.
Still doesn't change the fact that said features are not actually "White", whatever the hell that means (nobody can agree).
 
Old 06-10-2014, 07:55 AM
 
4,801 posts, read 3,451,682 times
Reputation: 2568
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Exhibit A

And Mark, aside from his money, is far from a catch. The white guys who end up with Asian women usually end up settling for them after the white girls they want reject them. If Asian chicks don't want them, they might date black girls.
The rejects of the rejects. And Jews will date anyone

But ok lolz
So? Blacks guys who get rejected by black girls end up going for the White girls. When White girls reject them, they go Asian.

So pretty much everyone is a reject depending on who decides what a reject is. I know many (in fact most) Black men who pick Black women first, Whites second, and Asians last. All of this is so subjective. Look at men's magazines aimed at Black men like King. King Magazine has no White women in it. If White women are in it, they are usually of the Coco (Ice T's wife) variety that few (if any) White men are attracted to. So, your theory falls flat on its face.

Hell, look at any rap video. See the models in those videos? Not many Scandinavian beauties to be seen anywhere. Just a bunch of huge butt, large hip-having, brown skinned women. Every guy likes different things.
 
Old 06-10-2014, 07:58 AM
 
4,801 posts, read 3,451,682 times
Reputation: 2568
Why White women seem to be the standard:

Many of the bombshells of old like Marilyn Monroe and the like were White. This is just coincidental as White women are the majority in this country. With the changing racial landscape, women with more "exotic" looks like Jessica Alba and Kim Kardashian are desired by more men. The standard that was set by chance is now changing and pretty soon there will be no definition of what American Beauty is. In fact I believe it's already going out the window. It used to be fair Nordic women. Now it's a more mixed bag. Look at FHM magazine and see how many women like those of old are seen as beautiful.

Plus, we all know that White guys' kryptonite is the Asian woman, anyway.
 
Old 06-10-2014, 08:39 AM
 
Location: Alexandria, VA
2,380 posts, read 2,846,858 times
Reputation: 2832
As a straight woman, I can't say what men like, but from what they say, how they respond, and how I would want to look to be more desirable, I would guess that they prefer olive to tanned skinned women, the color of women like Beyonce, Sofia Vergara, to Alicia Keys and Tyra Banks or Halle Berry's color. Although I think women as dark as Lupita Nyongo are very striking and gorgeous, I'm not sure if that perception is shared as a standard of beauty by most people in the world (Asians are the majority of people on Earth, and eurocentric societies across four continents make up the rest of the popular world and dark skin as a model of beauty does not exist enough to be a standard in any of these places).
 
Old 06-10-2014, 10:47 AM
 
3,037 posts, read 2,342,815 times
Reputation: 3563
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Exhibit A

And Mark, aside from his money, is far from a catch. The white guys who end up with Asian women usually end up settling for them after the white girls they want reject them. If Asian chicks don't want them, they might date black girls.
The rejects of the rejects. And Jews will date anyone

But ok lolz
Your baiting in nearly all of your posts. You may not be white but self hatred is real. Your proof. Smh your steady elevating white women as the prettiest most wanted race of women and even the men that prefer white women are saying that there are groups of men that don't feel that way and your telling them that is wrong. I'm just going to assume your trolling this thread and trying to stir things up.
 
Old 06-10-2014, 10:49 AM
 
877 posts, read 1,027,149 times
Reputation: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
Why White women seem to be the standard:

Many of the bombshells of old like Marilyn Monroe and the like were White. This is just coincidental as White women are the majority in this country. With the changing racial landscape, women with more "exotic" looks like Jessica Alba and Kim Kardashian are desired by more men. The standard that was set by chance is now changing and pretty soon there will be no definition of what American Beauty is. In fact I believe it's already going out the window. It used to be fair Nordic women. Now it's a more mixed bag. Look at FHM magazine and see how many women like those of old are seen as beautiful.

Plus, we all know that White guys' kryptonite is the Asian woman, anyway.
I don't know any quality white guys who like Asian women, only guys on the internet who seem to have no choice or old guys who end up traveling to Asia to marry women they can't communicate with.

And there really is no changing in what's considered beautiful. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Hell, most white women don't fit their own standards of beauty.

So I don't really see how this is overall an issue. Whether white women are promoted as a standard of beauty or not, people are still getting married and procreating...

Black & Asian women will never be the standard of beauty. The features aren't universally desired.
 
Old 06-10-2014, 10:52 AM
 
Location: La lune et les toiles
17,414 posts, read 18,297,942 times
Reputation: 18593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Your baiting in nearly all of your posts. You may not be white but self hatred is real. Your proof. Smh your steady elevating white women as the prettiest most wanted race of women and even the men that prefer white women are saying that there are groups of men that don't feel that way and your telling them that is wrong. I'm just going to assume your trolling this thread and trying to stir things up.
Agree 100%
 
Old 06-10-2014, 11:04 AM
 
877 posts, read 1,027,149 times
Reputation: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Your baiting in nearly all of your posts. You may not be white but self hatred is real. Your proof. Smh your steady elevating white women as the prettiest most wanted race of women and even the men that prefer white women are saying that there are groups of men that don't feel that way and your telling them that is wrong. I'm just going to assume your trolling this thread and trying to stir things up.
I'm actually decent looking and attractive & quite like being mixed. So no, no self hate. I'm being realistic in what is preferred in society. Most posters on here(the website) are Caucasian, so most will prefer their own or they'll slowly climb down the racial hierarchy when they can't get what they want.

This whole question is based on the premise that white women are the standard of beauty, so why not answer realistically? Truth be told I don't know any guys who would prefer Lupita N'yongo, Halle Berry, Jessica Alba or Hyori Lee over say, Mila Kunis or Candice Swanepoel.

Clearly the OP can acknowledge white women are the most desired across all tables, cause they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top