U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-11-2014, 12:24 AM
 
877 posts, read 1,026,050 times
Reputation: 1156

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
What is your point? And why so bitter?

George Lucas, Mark Zuckerberg, et al could care less what you think about them. They are BILLIONAIRES who chose wives who were compatible and intelligent rather than trying to simply make some "hottest chick bikini model" their wives.

I think that women like you are envious of women who can attract men with more than just their looks or bodies. Face it, you probably would never be able to hold to attention of powerful, wealthy men.

You have strayed really far from the original topic and have yet to make a valid point.
Why would I be bitter? I'm not interested in either of them, nor am I a gold digger.

Perhaps you should follow your own advice because all you've contributed to this thread is "you're a troll. you disagree with me therefore you're a troll. yadda yadda."

 
Old 06-11-2014, 05:04 AM
 
Location: Nassau County, NY
188 posts, read 195,298 times
Reputation: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by usroute10 View Post
But, in general, white and Jewish people control the media, so it is natural that they would promote their own women as the pinnacle of beauty.

Who says they are "promoting" anything? And what for? If the "white and Jewish people" who supposedly control the media like a certain look, what do they get out of it by projecting their pretty objects onto society? I never got this argument. It's not even an argument really.. just an angry, bitter conspiracy theory.
 
Old 06-11-2014, 05:23 AM
 
Location: Nassau County, NY
188 posts, read 195,298 times
Reputation: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
This isn't controversial. Majority opinion has always been an arbiter of taste.
This. Common sense, people.. statistics. We are attracted to people who look like us. All of us. The country is still mostly made of northern European white people. The fact that this is changing is indeed reflected in who is "promoted" in the media. Beyonce anyone? She's about as famous and lusted after as Angelina Jolie. It's that simple really.


I really wish people would stop chalking everything up to the "oppression" that they learned about in their feminist media images class. Stop making up these overwrought conspiracies and just. move. on. already.

Last edited by wheretomove2014; 06-11-2014 at 05:51 AM..
 
Old 06-11-2014, 06:06 AM
 
937 posts, read 915,769 times
Reputation: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
lol
George had to pretty much settle for her. Granted, at least she has money herself, but neither are lookers nor winners.
Are you sure about that?



(Media.com - Permission to hotlink)

Steven Spielberg and wife, with George Lucas and Melodie Hobson



(Social Diary.com - Permission to hotlink)



(Archives Chronicle - Permission to hotlink)

BTW, Melodie Hobson is nearly 50 years old! This woman looks great for any age.

Why do people project their own insecurities onto others? Clearly, you are trolling...
 
Old 06-11-2014, 06:06 AM
 
410 posts, read 416,329 times
Reputation: 247
I'm quite sure my muslim brothers never chose to put white females on the tv set to watch instead of muslim females. what about you hispanic, native, asian, and black ladies? did your brothers choose to watch white women on tv instead of yourselves?
 
Old 06-11-2014, 06:20 AM
 
937 posts, read 915,769 times
Reputation: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Sattar View Post
I'm quite sure my muslim brothers never chose to put white females on the tv set to watch instead of muslim females. what about you hispanic, native, asian, and black ladies? did your brothers choose to watch white women on tv instead of yourselves?
Islam is a religion, not a race. You do realize that there are Asian, Black, Latino and White Muslims throughout the world, right?

The issue at hand however, is the Western media and their exclusive promotion of the white beauty standard.
 
Old 06-11-2014, 06:48 AM
 
Location: Nassau County, NY
188 posts, read 195,298 times
Reputation: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Sattar View Post
I'm quite sure my muslim brothers never chose to put white females on the tv set to watch instead of muslim females. what about you hispanic, native, asian, and black ladies? did your brothers choose to watch white women on tv instead of yourselves?
Not for anything though, I must give props to those non-white women. It hurts bad enough to see men lump us white girls together in the kind of hazy, glamorous, airbrushed sex-sludge objectification orgy that we know as the American media-it's got to be worse to know you're not even good enough to be included in *that* half the time.
 
Old 06-11-2014, 06:55 AM
 
410 posts, read 416,329 times
Reputation: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Islam is a religion, not a race. You do realize that there are Asian, Black, Latino and White Muslims throughout the world, right?

The issue at hand however, is the Western media and their exclusive promotion of the white beauty standard.
yes, islamic faith is a religion. yes, i do realise there are alot of white people that are ethnic decent. what i would like to know is who is promoting all these white females to be put on tv to watch? Are you trying to tell me that dark men chose to watch white women on tv instead of watching their own dark women? are dark men the ones promoting so many white women on the tv set. do you expect a brown female like myself to stare at massive amounts of white women on tv? probably why i quit watching tv along time ago.
 
Old 06-11-2014, 09:41 AM
 
937 posts, read 915,769 times
Reputation: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Sattar View Post
yes, islamic faith is a religion. yes, i do realise there are alot of white people that are ethnic decent. what i would like to know is who is promoting all these white females to be put on tv to watch?
The people who own Disney, ABC/NBC/CBS/Fox/CNN/MSNBC, Universal Studios, Dream Works, Time Warner, MGM, etc.

Quote:

Are you trying to tell me that dark men chose to watch white women on tv instead of watching their own dark women? are dark men the ones promoting so many white women on the tv set. do you expect a brown female like myself to stare at massive amounts of white women on tv? probably why i quit watching tv along time ago.
People who grow up in the West are exposed to TV, movies and all other forms of modern "entertainment." "Dark men" don't own the major Hollywood studios, magazines, or newspapers, therefore, they have no real power to promote much of anything. Many of the women who are included in music videos are hand picked by the studios, to ensure that there is a "universal white appeal." Men of all races are visual, so most will not tune out. Over time, however as they watch more and more TV and other forms of entertainment, their subconscious is programmed to prefer a certain aesthetic. Often, they have no idea of the brainwashing, they simply believe that they created their own preferences.

Dave Chapelle explained what goes on behind the scenes, during his actor's guild interview with James Lipton. Years before he landed the Chapelle show, he pitched a sketch show to fox and they quickly informed him that they wanted it to be more "universal." Dave was confused, because the show was supposed to take place in Harlem (it was about the Apollo theater) so he didn't want to include a lot of non black people. The executives however told him that they didn't want a black woman staring opposite him. He was asked to replace her with a white woman. Instead of obliging, he elected not to do the show.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2M22lx4lmQ


In the below clip, actress Gabrielle Union admits that there are only a handful of meaningful Hollywood (multi - dimensional) roles for black women. Typically, black women are only cast in shows or movies, if there's a need for a "loud" or "sassy" character. Is there any wonder why people who have no associations w/ black women automatically assume that MOST black women are loud and sassy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_4BXroEQXU

This is essentially why white women are glorified throughout the world. They are represented in every facet, because those who own the studios and have power to green light or shut down films, know how to use imagery, to help accomplish the larger mission of propagating the notion that "whiteness" is to be routinely upheld as superior. Modern culture and beauty ideals are created in the studios, not on main street. And of course, overtime, most people will buy into whatever is propagated by the studios.

Last edited by CityGirl332; 06-11-2014 at 10:09 AM..
 
Old 06-11-2014, 10:03 AM
 
Location: Gardenville
759 posts, read 1,036,265 times
Reputation: 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodiddlay View Post
Yes this is after the UCSB tragedy that happened after the guy got angry of white girls rejecting him and went on a rampage. Now since White girls are always promoted as the most attractive, guys (of all races) want them.

If they were not promoted as the most attractive, would they still be the most desired?
Yes, in my case.
But all answers to this question are wholly subjective.
I am attracted to beautiful women of all races. I have dated white (both American and European), black (both American and Caribbean), and Asian (Korean and Chinese) women. I thought all of them were beautiful, and I certainly enjoyed some very good times with each of them. And beauty is not always wholly based upon physical attributes.
However, I find white American women to be the most desirable. For the most part, I have found that they tend to have the attributes-physical, mental, emotional, et al., that I most desire.
No accounting for taste, eh what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top