U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-11-2014, 10:46 PM
 
Location: in your dreams
10,892 posts, read 13,010,885 times
Reputation: 15317

Advertisements

Wow.. I don't really watch a whole lotta tv or play into that Hollywood bs (and it is bs..) When I was younger, I may've thought differently, which is the problem w/ kids & adults who get really caught up in that ish and never really figure themselves out.. You decide what you allow into your life and thought patterns. And if you think tv and movies are any indication of what or how you should live, then ya might want to unplug for a bit and get right. It's a real shame that kid fell through the cracks and took so many people with him... It's an even bigger shame that tv, marketing, consumerism, or whatever ridiculous entity is in charge of all that is set out to make people feel so inadequate that it $aps their inherent strength and natural beauty..

 
Old 06-11-2014, 11:37 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,414 posts, read 18,275,659 times
Reputation: 18588
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
I'm mixed and identify as black. If someone is going to call me a racial slur, they're going to go opt for well, the obvious slur towards blacks. Although I have been called a derogatory term aimed at my other half by a black guy (who seemed to think it was acceptable)

LOL sorry, but none of this has anything to do with dating. I live in a predominantly white area, go to a predominantly white school and have made the best of the environment I'm in. If it makes you feel any better, plenty of the fraternity guys have referred to me and the Asian girl in my sorority by racial slurs on yik *** (really, the second part of that is blocked? it's a freakin' app)

But i'm not interested in white men and they aren't interested in black women (in general), especially the ones at my school who are very open about their dislike for blacks in general.

And I don't want your advice, thanksnothanks

And an easy google search and pretty much confirm how black women are viewed in society. If you think your opinions are more valid than those on other forums then you're quite delusional. But a lot of men are quite honest on the internet regarding how unattractive black women are.

I take it you're a butthurt black woman
If you aren't interested in white guys and you believe that they aren't interested in you, then why do you continue referencing them in your posts?

I'm a brown skinned black woman who has never had issues attracting men of various racial/ethnic backgrounds so perhaps the issue is you. Maybe its time to take a good, long, hard look in the mirror to see why you are having issues.

You state that you are a biracial woman who identifies as black yet you have such a low opinion of the group which you attempt to be recognized as being a part. If you are biracial, then you are NOT black.
 
Old 06-11-2014, 11:55 PM
 
877 posts, read 1,025,727 times
Reputation: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
If you aren't interested in white guys and you believe that they aren't interested in you, then why do you continue referencing them in your posts?

I'm a brown skinned black woman who has never had issues attracting men of various racial/ethnic backgrounds so perhaps the issue is you. Maybe its time to take a good, long, hard look in the mirror to see why you are having issues.

You state that you are a biracial woman who identifies as black yet you have such a low opinion of the group which you attempt to be recognized as being a part. If you are biracial, then you are NOT black.
Uh oh, we have the stereotypical race police around. Black women can't stand biracial claiming black. Thank goodness i'm not legally recognized as black

And as I mentioned, I go to a PWI, i'm in a sorority where only 2 of us are non-white (yes, all 300+ girls are white & blonde) and we only socialize with 1 fraternity.

And no, i'm not having issues. Of course every black woman on the internet claims to have guys throwing themselves at them, despite statistics and questions like this saying otherwise.

But do you know how many times I've had white guys tell me that while they don't like blacks or black women, they like me because i'm only half or because I don't act like black people? Yeah, not interested in being their exception, although i'm sure you'd take it as compliment.

And i'm also not interested in dating the typical black guy who is poor and uneducated.

And where am I referencing them? You all seem to blame the fact that white women are the standard of beauty on white men. "they control the media so white women are over exposed." well, white men don't control the media in Asia or LA,and white features are quite admired over there. hell, white features are even admired within the black community

Black women sure are obsessed with the idea that if a group of men isn't attracted to them, it must racism or "their loss."

And what do you suppose is the problem with the Asian girl in my sorority girl being called racial slurs or a token on the app is? Or are we justifying racism when trying to accuse others of being racist? Because when they're calling me the "n" word on the app and calling her all sorts of names, I think it's an accurate reflection of the environment I'm in.

But regarding my post, I think considering you don't know the town/city/state I live in or where I go, you can't necessarily give me advice.
 
Old 06-12-2014, 12:52 AM
 
Location: West Coast
1,199 posts, read 2,113,678 times
Reputation: 2098
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
I'm mixed and identify as black. If someone is going to call me a racial slur, they're going to go opt for well, the obvious slur towards blacks. Although I have been called a derogatory term aimed at my other half by a black guy (who seemed to think it was acceptable)

LOL sorry, but none of this has anything to do with dating. I live in a predominantly white area, go to a predominantly white school and have made the best of the environment I'm in. If it makes you feel any better, plenty of the fraternity guys have referred to me and the Asian girl in my sorority by racial slurs on yik *** (really, the second part of that is blocked? it's a freakin' app)

But i'm not interested in white men and they aren't interested in black women (in general), especially the ones at my school who are very open about their dislike for blacks in general.

And I don't want your advice, thanksnothanks

And an easy google search and pretty much confirm how black women are viewed in society. If you think your opinions are more valid than those on other forums then you're quite delusional. But a lot of men are quite honest on the internet regarding how unattractive black women are.

I take it you're a butthurt black woman

Blame your parents for your mixed girl struggles.
 
Old 06-12-2014, 12:54 AM
 
877 posts, read 1,025,727 times
Reputation: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Blame your parents for your mixed girl struggles.
I'm actually happy to be mixed, but apparently you didn't read my post.

But I guess you should sing that tune to all of the black girls weeping over the fact that they're the least preferred? dunno. especially since y'all are the only ones throwing hissy fits over my posts
 
Old 06-12-2014, 12:55 AM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,414 posts, read 18,275,659 times
Reputation: 18588
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Uh oh, we have the stereotypical race police around. Black women can't stand biracial claiming black. Thank goodness i'm not legally recognized as black

And as I mentioned, I go to a PWI, i'm in a sorority where only 2 of us are non-white (yes, all 300+ girls are white & blonde) and we only socialize with 1 fraternity.

And no, i'm not having issues. Of course every black woman on the internet claims to have guys throwing themselves at them, despite statistics and questions like this saying otherwise.

But do you know how many times I've had white guys tell me that while they don't like blacks or black women, they like me because i'm only half or because I don't act like black people? Yeah, not interested in being their exception, although i'm sure you'd take it as compliment.

And i'm also not interested in dating the typical black guy who is poor and uneducated.

And where am I referencing them? You all seem to blame the fact that white women are the standard of beauty on white men. "they control the media so white women are over exposed." well, white men don't control the media in Asia or LA,and white features are quite admired over there. hell, white features are even admired within the black community

Black women sure are obsessed with the idea that if a group of men isn't attracted to them, it must racism or "their loss."

And what do you suppose is the problem with the Asian girl in my sorority girl being called racial slurs or a token on the app is? Or are we justifying racism when trying to accuse others of being racist? Because when they're calling me the "n" word on the app and calling her all sorts of names, I think it's an accurate reflection of the environment I'm in.

But regarding my post, I think considering you don't know the town/city/state I live in or where I go, you can't necessarily give me advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
I'm actually happy to be mixed, but apparently you didn't read my post.

But I guess you should sing that tune to all of the black girls weeping over the fact that they're the least preferred? dunno. especially since y'all are the only ones throwing hissy fits over my posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Nope, not lost. I'm not part white either, so I've no reason to be confused in the mix of all of this.

I wonder why only black girls are offended at my posts? It's kind of odd. The only others who took offense were the white male posters with yellow fever who took offense at my statements regarding white men with asian women.

So lost....so sad.
 
Old 06-12-2014, 12:57 AM
 
877 posts, read 1,025,727 times
Reputation: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So lost....so sad.
Nope, not lost. I'm not part white either, so I've no reason to be confused in the mix of all of this.

I wonder why only black girls are offended at my posts? It's kind of odd. The only others who took offense were the white male posters with yellow fever who took offense at my statements regarding white men with asian women.
 
Old 06-12-2014, 06:23 AM
 
3,037 posts, read 2,338,516 times
Reputation: 3563
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
I'm mixed and identify as black. If someone is going to call me a racial slur, they're going to go opt for well, the obvious slur towards blacks. Although I have been called a derogatory term aimed at my other half by a black guy (who seemed to think it was acceptable)

LOL sorry, but none of this has anything to do with dating. I live in a predominantly white area, go to a predominantly white school and have made the best of the environment I'm in. If it makes you feel any better, plenty of the fraternity guys have referred to me and the Asian girl in my sorority by racial slurs on yik *** (really, the second part of that is blocked? it's a freakin' app)

But i'm not interested in white men and they aren't interested in black women (in general), especially the ones at my school who are very open about their dislike for blacks in general.

And I don't want your advice, thanksnothanks

And an easy google search and pretty much confirm how black women are viewed in society. If you think your opinions are more valid than those on other forums then you're quite delusional. But a lot of men are quite honest on the internet regarding how unattractive black women are.

I take it you're a butthurt black woman
Nope. In fact in that thread you wrote I told you that I never had the problems you had with dating. In fact read the thread, I gave you advice in that thread and you were ready to accept it then. Troll much? But you can believe I'm a butthurt black woman if it makes you feel better about being a butthurt mixed woman who can't seem to get a man(black or white) to save her life.

Anyway this thread has derailed. Just find it interesting that a couple of weeks ago you tried to say you were an aa woman struggling to date. Now I understand exactly where your resentment lies. And I don't need to do a google search. I don't care what other men think about black women. As I told you in that thread you started about your struggle to date, I don't have the issue you have with men. So I don't worry about how men on the internet perceive black women, I know my experience in real life and that's all the validation I need, with my "butthurt" angry self. Lmao. Good luck sweetie. I feel for you... You say you like being mixed, yet you identify with aa women, use the internet and project your own "struggle to get a man experiences" negative feelings to generalize and undermine AA atttactiveness. You should seek therapy, you aren't AA so shouldn't be identifying as an AA in the first place(and if you really liked being mixed you wouldn't) and in addition because you struggle with men and have brown skin you think brown skin women are not as attractive as white women. Deny all you want but it's evident and we all see right through you. As I said before self hate runs deep. Smh.
 
Old 06-12-2014, 06:45 AM
 
3,037 posts, read 2,338,516 times
Reputation: 3563
Oh and coffees n donuts, I suggest you read my thread history, so that you know that I don't care what other men think about me as an aa women, I use my personal experiences and my ability to attract the men I want to attract in order to evaluate my attractiveness. So every billy-bob could think I'm ugly, and I could care less. Maybe it's time for you to stop caring what other people think about you and start determining your own self worth and attractiveness. If I were you I would stop giving two sh@ts about society. I never had your experiences and I grew up in a Pwi, and went to high school and college in a Pwi. I've lived in several states. I just can't identify with you, which is what I told you in your struggle to date thread. I do feel for you though. You may believe all black women dislike you, are jealous of you, or in denial about their attractiveness. And your entitled to those misguided feelings. But at the end of the day, we all feel for you. It's so evident that you are lost and struggling, you want to look like a white woman but don't. :-(
 
Old 06-12-2014, 11:08 AM
 
877 posts, read 1,025,727 times
Reputation: 1156
Black women always scream self hate or racism when reality is acknowledged, which is pretty sad in itself.

And no, i've never claimed to have struggles due to my race. I'm simply i'm in a very homogenous environment. Perhaps if I did tell you the location, you'd see differently. But I have no reason to.

And apparently you all do care what society thinks or you wouldn't have derailed this thread. I guess it sucks to be a black woman and having to acknowledge that white women are the pinnacle of beauty. Denial is only way of for y'all. Best of luck to y'all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top