U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-12-2014, 01:53 PM
 
877 posts, read 1,027,666 times
Reputation: 1156

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Even if one doesn't care for Psychology Today, the article itself is interesting. Ignore it if you like.
And the article I'm referring to is interesting in itself.

Referring to it as racist because it's not saying that everyone is beautiful is a bit ridiculous. And i'm pretty the article you mentioned has nothing to do with what I'm mixed with since it's not common.

And I have no reason to believe it any more than the article i'm referencing

 
Old 06-12-2014, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Aliso Viejo, Orange County, CA
4,745 posts, read 5,953,129 times
Reputation: 3843
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
And the article I'm referring to is interesting in itself.

Referring to it as racist because it's not saying that everyone is beautiful is a bit ridiculous. And i'm pretty the article you mentioned has nothing to do with what I'm mixed with since it's not common.

And I have no reason to believe it any more than the article i'm referencing
Huh???
 
Old 06-12-2014, 01:57 PM
 
877 posts, read 1,027,666 times
Reputation: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Huh???
I know you have yellow fever and therefore assume any mixed person is a hapa, but the article has nothing to do with me. And even then, hapa's are considered white (typically), so they wouldn't take issue with the question like other groups of women. as long as they don't have the flat noses or big lips, they're promoted by the media as well.

And again, the article has little to do with me. And it's no more or less valid than the article i'm referring to (where black women are the least desirable, Asian men the most), the article you called racist.

I'm not a hapa and there are more mixes than that, so i'm not sure why you even linked that article.
 
Old 06-12-2014, 02:06 PM
 
877 posts, read 1,027,666 times
Reputation: 1156
And going back to the THREAD, which has been derailed mostly by posters in denial, white women are seen as the most attractive because even in other cultures, stereotypical white features are coveted for a variety of reasons.

Symmetry is also preferred world wide and a lot of features that women of other backgrounds have (flat/wide noses, round/oblong faces, large lips, bad hair) are generally not symmetrical. Something usually stands out on their faces.


But as I mentioned before, light skin in India/Asia has to do with class and ancestry. So light skin is something they want. They don't necessarily want to see a white woman, but they want to see a whiter version of their kind.
 
Old 06-12-2014, 02:10 PM
 
Location: Aliso Viejo, Orange County, CA
4,745 posts, read 5,953,129 times
Reputation: 3843
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
I know you have yellow fever and therefore assume any mixed person is a hapa, but the article has nothing to do with me. And even then, hapa's are considered white (typically), so they wouldn't take issue with the question like other groups of women. as long as they don't have the flat noses or big lips, they're promoted by the media as well.

And again, the article has little to do with me. And it's no more or less valid than the article i'm referring to (where black women are the least desirable, Asian men the most), the article you called racist.

I'm not a hapa and there are more mixes than that, so i'm not sure why you even linked that article.
Look, you are making things up again and name-calling again. Therefore, I will I say what I truly think about your confusion, you need psychiatric help.

That doesn't mean that you don't experience racism either, but you are obviously a very challenged person who also has the added burden of dealing with racism.
 
Old 06-12-2014, 02:10 PM
 
61 posts, read 53,170 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
What is your point? And why so bitter?

George Lucas, Mark Zuckerberg, et al could care less what you think about them. They are BILLIONAIRES who chose wives who were compatible and intelligent rather than trying to simply make some "hottest chick bikini model" their wives.

I think that women like you are envious of women who can attract men with more than just their looks or bodies. Face it, you probably would never be able to hold to attention of powerful, wealthy men.

You have strayed really far from the original topic and have yet to make a valid point.
^ agreed with this. Only people who are bitter would try to knock others down and state things that are their OWN OPINIONS as if it's the universal truth. The point is that beauty comes in all different skin colors and quit stating your opinion as if it's the truth cause it's not.

PS- Asian women do not bleach their skin to be "white." They do it because it means that you're not out in the sun watering crops all day. Likewise, whites do not tan to make themselves southeast Asians or black, it's seen as healthier that you can lay out in the sun rather than be stuck in the office filing papers. The standards of beauty will be reversed AGAIN if we moved into a more agricultural society. The reason why a lot of celebrities who have what some deemed as "Caucasian" features are more popular because they deviate from what the general population looks like. What is rare or unusual in features for a particular race will generally be considered more attractive cause it's all about supply and demand. Just like how long, slim, straight noses are considered beautiful to caucasians because a lot of caucasians do not have that. Are we gonna go about saying that Caucasians are trying to be even more Caucasians by fixing their noses to make it straight and small since they "own" that feature. Nonsense. What the hell is caucasian features anyways?
 
Old 06-12-2014, 02:19 PM
 
877 posts, read 1,027,666 times
Reputation: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Look, you are making things up again and name-calling again. Therefore, I will I say what I truly think about your confusion, you need psychiatric help.

That doesn't mean that you don't experience racism either, but you are obviously a very challenged person who also has the added burden of dealing with racism.
You're the one linking me an article that has nothing to do with me...

I'm not making things up, but the only people derailing this thread are the black posters and you, due to what I said about Asian women dating white guys.

Y'all are the ones who have issues. I'm merely answering this question. And I tried to get the question back on track but that's not something any of y'all want.

i'm not the OP, so i'm not the one who is asking about this "issue"
 
Old 06-12-2014, 02:45 PM
 
3,037 posts, read 2,344,425 times
Reputation: 3567
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
I actually don't believe that white women are the most beautiful. But apparently the majority does believe such. Did I ask this question? Am I the one butthurt over white women being considered the most attractive? No. But you and the other black female posters seem to take issue with it.

I've said nothing remotely negative about black women. Statistically, black women are the least desired. Least likely to marry (in general), least likely to marry interracially and the least preferred in the media (because they're the least preferred by the gen population). And black women are viewed as the most masculine due to having higher levels of testosterone. These are all facts.

As you can see, the guy with yellow fever is the only other person derailing the thread.

If anything, wouldn't I brag about how mixed girls are made tokens by both black and white guys? I know black guys who say they aren't attracted to black women but they love mixed girls. They seem to think bad mouthing black women will make me find them attractive when it won't. I'm not attracted to guys who bash women in general. Bad trait.

Or white guys who go on about black women being ugly but that they'd 'bang' Halle Berry.

But i'm not bragging about any of that because it's not a compliment to me. I realize in some respects I am seen as different due to being biracial. But I have had 1 or 2 individuals use racial slurs against me and the first slur they opted for was the "n" word. Legally I'm recognized as my other half, which I have yet to mention. I could be blasian for all you know, or part middle eastern.

I don't know what you would brag about I don't know your experiences beyond what you posted in that dating thread. You could brag about anything really if you wanted, but apparently you felt as if you were at a disadvantage in the dating market within your area and you made it about your race and how no one was interested in you. I could not relate or identify with that. I don't have your experiences with men or otherwise(judging from what you've projected in this thread). And in terms of what you are mixed with, it really doesn't matter. You could be blasian, or black and indian, or some other mixture. Great. Want a cookie? Lmao.

Its apparent that the attitude that society holds about black women matters enough to you for you to post these views continuously and separate yourself from being black until of course it fits you. I don't do that. I'm not biracial but have been asked continuously by whites and blacks alike if I'm biracial and I've proudly stated that I'm a black woman. I hear negative stereotypes about black women on this forum and others all the time. Never fazes me because they have no relevance to my personal life. I don't worry about how society sees me, my only concern is how people who know me, and who are in my life(in some way) see me.

I don't allow society to define my attractiveness or to determine my worth and value as a woman. Similarly I'm not brain washed by the media and don't see white women as any more attractive than other groups. And for the record I feel the same way about biracial women. In every group there are dimes, and those that are average and not very attractive. There are women that meet the perceived stereotypes and media images to the tea and there are women in "said" groups that do not. There are many studies out there and most studies will often debunk the same claim that was out years prior by another so called study. Studies are moot to me since I've never been studied, included in a study, nor have I relayed my life and my experiences to any researchers so as far as I'm concerned they do not pertain to me in any way. But of course I understand that you were simply posting the facts and findings from these studies to make a point about how white women really are the most beautiful race of women. It is what it is but as I said your self-hatred has rung through over and over in this thread and you can continue to pretend that you were only being objective and stating the facts but I see you. lol.

Going back to the topic at hand, despite all the negative hooplah surrounding black women and all the positive images and symbols white white are often associated with which makes them appear more attractive
I still hold my opinion that white women are no more attractive than other groups. There is no race of women IMO that holds an advantage in the looks department. I do however appreciate how each race of women has a different look and still of course can be considered beautiful, just reminds me that beauty is often subjective and relative.
 
Old 06-12-2014, 03:26 PM
 
Location: USA
18,590 posts, read 13,715,790 times
Reputation: 12152
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Or white guys who go on about black women being ugly but that they'd 'bang' Halle Berry.
If thats the case you just as well can throw Kim K, Jay Lo in there with the mix as you can almost interchange them since they are all tanned (not very dark), have curves, have thin to medium noses, same with the lips and high cheek bones. The look can be considered generic and follows a set prototype. You can also find the same 'Look' From South America, to India, to Europe, and even in Asia so it isn't just specific to one race.
 
Old 06-12-2014, 03:42 PM
 
Location: West Coast
1,199 posts, read 2,117,146 times
Reputation: 2098
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
I'm actually happy to be mixed, but apparently you didn't read my post.

But I guess you should sing that tune to all of the black girls weeping over the fact that they're the least preferred? dunno. especially since y'all are the only ones throwing hissy fits over my posts

This Black woman is the most preferred by men who prefer Black women. All the Black women I know are also preferred by men who prefer Black women. Its just that simple. You keep trying to convince us that we are the "least preferred", and your getting frustrated because we won't by the snake oil your trying to sell. Lol. Poor thing. Speaking of singing. I actually sing quite beautifully, and I write songs too. My tunes are generally uplifting and empowering. You soul needs healing. I hope one day you will learn to be a peace with being mixed in American society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top