U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-16-2014, 08:00 PM
 
Location: Northville, MI
11,882 posts, read 10,526,479 times
Reputation: 6312

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilipepper35 View Post
I've wondered how Asian men must feel. Most of the Asian women I know are married to white men. Indians (India) are the only group I've seen that do not marry or date outside of their race.
Likely because certain caste's in Hinduism have vegetarian restrictions on diet and a detailed marriage procedure. Men like me were brought up in a traditional Indian family, and expect assimilation of Hindu culture into the daily lifestyle from women in addition to affection. This is too much to ask for from women these days, thereby leading to a low success rate in relationships. Cultural aspects are a key part of my identity, and I am not willing to give it up.

 
Old 06-17-2014, 10:05 AM
 
Location: USA
18,542 posts, read 13,683,613 times
Reputation: 12131
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
I know lots of white guys who find black women more attractive. That's all I have to contribute
In my case, I would say 'equally' attractive but it always comes down to the individual. I'll admit that Im mainly attracted black and white 'American' women, but not so much women from other countries that have cultural differences that don't mix well with me.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 06-17-2014 at 10:25 AM..
 
Old 06-17-2014, 10:26 AM
 
Location: USA
18,542 posts, read 13,683,613 times
Reputation: 12131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
All the White guys that live around me are married to Asian women. Serious. I think they missed the memo about White women being the most desired. I see so many White men and Asian women couples just out and about, that this notion about White women as the beauty standard just seems ridiculous at this point. I am still waiting for all of the books, articles, blogs, talk shows, You Tube videos, jokes, CNN, and MSNBC specials, and random conversations about the reasons why White men are choosing Asian women. Surely if every time I turn around, I see White men with Asian women, then something is not adding up in this whole White women are the best thing.
No surprise being on the West coast. Lots of Asian women and lots of white men. There are a couple of women I know from China who are mainly seeking a White partner. I don't get the feeling that they would not consider an 'American' of Chinese descent partner, but they give the impression that they would have to take a more 'traditional' role if they married a man from China.
 
Old 06-17-2014, 10:38 AM
 
877 posts, read 1,026,050 times
Reputation: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
No surprise being on the West coast. Lots of Asian women and lots of white men. There are a couple of women I know from China who are mainly seeking a White partner. I don't get the feeling that they would not consider an 'American' of Chinese descent partner, but they give the impression that they would have to take a more 'traditional' role if they married a man from China.
Everyone on the internet knows a plethora of IR couples

Realistically in the US, they make a very small percentage of marriages. I know this will sting some of you, since you all love black or Asian women, but most people marry their own. Most people are exclusively attracted to their own.
I know guys who can and will say when someone of a different race is attractive (because beautiful is beautiful right?) but they still wouldn't date or marry them, especially if they're from a different culture/race.

I think some people on here think that by saying "society views white women are most attractive" or that "white men are generally most attracted to white women," it's being implied that white men are racist of some sort.

Preferences are NOT racist and neither is finding certain groups less attractive than others.

BTW: whether it's yellow fever, jungle fever, chasing becky's or only wanting an American white guy, nothing takes away from the fact that it's still desperate and the only guys/girls who do that are typically less attractive within their own communities. I'm sure that's offensive to some of you since everyone you know loves women of other races, but that tends to be a trend. the losers settle for what they can get
 
Old 06-17-2014, 11:11 AM
 
Location: USA
18,542 posts, read 13,683,613 times
Reputation: 12131
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Everyone on the internet knows a plethora of IR couples

Realistically in the US, they make a very small percentage of marriages. I know this will sting some of you, since you all love black or Asian women, but most people marry their own. Most people are exclusively attracted to their own.
I know guys who can and will say when someone of a different race is attractive (because beautiful is beautiful right?) but they still wouldn't date or marry them, especially if they're from a different culture/race.

I think some people on here think that by saying "society views white women are most attractive" or that "white men are generally most attracted to white women," it's being implied that white men are racist of some sort.

Preferences are NOT racist and neither is finding certain groups less attractive than others.

BTW: whether it's yellow fever, jungle fever, chasing becky's or only wanting an American white guy, nothing takes away from the fact that it's still desperate and the only guys/girls who do that are typically less attractive within their own communities. I'm sure that's offensive to some of you since everyone you know loves women of other races, but that tends to be a trend. the losers settle for what they can get
So, your saying that it is mostly unattractive people that have no options within their own ethnic group that seek out those in other groups?
 
Old 06-17-2014, 11:29 AM
 
Location: Vineland, NJ
8,385 posts, read 9,950,866 times
Reputation: 5230
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
So, your saying that it is mostly unattractive people that have no options within their own ethnic group that seek out those in other groups?
That's definitely not always the case. I have to disagree with coffeendonuts on that statement. I see plenty of attractive people who date interracially.
 
Old 06-17-2014, 11:34 AM
 
877 posts, read 1,026,050 times
Reputation: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
So, your saying that it is mostly unattractive people that have no options within their own ethnic group that seek out those in other groups?
Typically, it's the unattractive ones who purposely seek out other groups. The guys with yellow fever/jungle fever are usually unattractive and lack the qualities to attract one of their own.

They justify it with a fetish and often bad mouth their own women, claiming that Asian/black/European(even though white, culturally different) are better, more submissive, yadda yadda, all the while bad mouthing white women. Not all, but it's a trend.


These same guys usually have an issue with other interracial couples as well. They hate the thought of their own women dating out cause then it means the woman obviously chose someone of color, over them.

So yes, that's what I'm saying.

The unattractive ones go out of their way to do so

Also wanna add that by unattractive I mean physically and personality wise.
 
Old 06-17-2014, 11:36 AM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,414 posts, read 18,279,875 times
Reputation: 18588
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Everyone on the internet knows a plethora of IR couples

Realistically in the US, they make a very small percentage of marriages. I know this will sting some of you, since you all love black or Asian women, but most people marry their own. Most people are exclusively attracted to their own.
I know guys who can and will say when someone of a different race is attractive (because beautiful is beautiful right?) but they still wouldn't date or marry them, especially if they're from a different culture/race.

I think some people on here think that by saying "society views white women are most attractive" or that "white men are generally most attracted to white women," it's being implied that white men are racist of some sort.

Preferences are NOT racist and neither is finding certain groups less attractive than others.

BTW: whether it's yellow fever, jungle fever, chasing becky's or only wanting an American white guy, nothing takes away from the fact that it's still desperate and the only guys/girls who do that are typically less attractive within their own communities. I'm sure that's offensive to some of you since everyone you know loves women of other races, but that tends to be a trend. the losers settle for what they can get
You seem to be seeking an argument were none exists. The majority of people will date/marry their own race/ethnicity. I don't think that anyone is claiming anything different. There are always exceptions and it is foolish to discount the existence of the outliers.

You seem to be quite concerned about the mere idea of anyone finding black or Asian women attractive or "marriageable". Since you are neither a black nor an Asian woman, it shouldn't really be of much of a concern to you.
 
Old 06-17-2014, 11:43 AM
 
877 posts, read 1,026,050 times
Reputation: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
You seem to be seeking an argument were none exists. The majority of people will date/marry their own race/ethnicity. I don't think that anyone is claiming anything different. There are always exceptions and it is foolish to discount the existence of the outliers.

You seem to be quite concerned about the mere idea of anyone finding black or Asian women attractive or "marriageable". Since you are neither a black nor an Asian woman, it shouldn't really be of much of a concern to you.
Who says I'm not blasian? I'm biracial, but I can refer to myself as a black woman as I wish. Sure, it pains black women to hear any woman who doesn't resemble lupita n'yongo or any own else who doesn't look like they're tribal, to refer to themselves as black, but it doesn't change reality.

You seem a bit too defensive over how black women are perceived. I guess you're basing your self esteem off of how whites perceive black women
 
Old 06-17-2014, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Reputation: 25988
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Everyone on the internet knows a plethora of IR couples

Realistically in the US, they make a very small percentage of marriages. I know this will sting some of you, since you all love black or Asian women, but most people marry their own. Most people are exclusively attracted to their own.
I know guys who can and will say when someone of a different race is attractive (because beautiful is beautiful right?) but they still wouldn't date or marry them, especially if they're from a different culture/race.

I think some people on here think that by saying "society views white women are most attractive" or that "white men are generally most attracted to white women," it's being implied that white men are racist of some sort.

Preferences are NOT racist and neither is finding certain groups less attractive than others.

BTW: whether it's yellow fever, jungle fever, chasing becky's or only wanting an American white guy, nothing takes away from the fact that it's still desperate and the only guys/girls who do that are typically less attractive within their own communities. I'm sure that's offensive to some of you since everyone you know loves women of other races, but that tends to be a trend. the losers settle for what they can get
If you lived on the West Coast, you'd know a plethora of interracial couples, and biracial people.

Personally, it may not be 50% of the couples are I know are interracial, but it is definitely close. I've been a bridesmaid 3 times. One couple was black american (both) and the bridal party had asian, white and black bridesmaids and groomsmen. The second was a japanese woman and chinese man. One was first generation, one was second. Bridal party here was white, puerto rican, filipino, black, and chinese. The 3rd was a white man and middle eastern woman. With you guessed it, a diverse bridal party: korean, white, black. And I probably have one more potential bridal party invite for a black woman/white male couple!

The first 2 were college friends, so there was some bridal party overlap, as the 2 brides are 2 of my closest friends from college (and also californians). The 3rd was a friend from high school, not from the west coast.

So there you have it, I have only named 4 couples I know, and 3 are interracial! This isn't counting all the others in my circle. It is ridiculously common (especially in California).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top