Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2014, 08:06 PM

877 posts, read 1,316,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lana_inNE View Post
Is this couple less attractive or do they appear to be rejects?

Boyfriend Tag Remixed= Husband Tag!! - YouTube
I guess you missed the "typically" part of my statements?

And she's obnoxious (used to be subbed to her) and he's a pushover

She's ok looking, but her style is tacky and weaves are often a mess
I don't find him attractive tbh

Old 06-17-2014, 08:21 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,729,615 times
Who says white women are most desired?

Old 06-17-2014, 08:30 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodiddlay View Post
Yes this is after the UCSB tragedy that happened after the guy got angry of white girls rejecting him and went on a rampage. Now since White girls are always promoted as the most attractive, guys (of all races) want them.

If they were not promoted as the most attractive, would they still be the most desired?
No, not even close. Human beings really are that easily manipulated.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:33 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
White women are great companions for sports & recreation activities, but I will never feel comfortable living and raising my children around them. I want to make sure my children continue to follow Hindu custom, and if my partner does not agree there will be big problems. All put together, Indian women are the best for long term relationships.

So to your question, the answer is no.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 06-17-2014 at 09:10 PM..

Old 06-17-2014, 09:41 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,959,482 times
As always follow the money. Who is the direct target market for the advertisers? Step outside of the US borders and there's some bangin women out there. Also there's some hammer Latinas in the North East, or some smokin Asians in Norcal, please don't let me leave out the southern belles. Women are so beautiful. They come in many different, sizes, shapes hughes and attitudes.

http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=PaoIYRw3TMI

Old 06-17-2014, 10:06 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I want to make sure my children continue to follow Hindu custom, and if my partner does not agree there will be big problems.
You'd think it would be a lot easier if you raised them in India if customs were so important to you.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:58 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You'd think it would be a lot easier if you raised them in India if customs were so important to you.
Well, the weather, traffic, and pollution suck there year round. Also if your children are female there is always a concern of groping from creepy men. I want my kids to grow up in a healthy environment and follow Hindu customs at home. Many Indian people I know do that here.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:01 AM

This is what I find odd among immigrants( I know something about them!). They leave everything behind; country, family, parents but then when they settle in the US they start romanticizing about the old country they practically fled. What you list as your dislikes ARE the customs. To each his own but I would raise my kids as Americans.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:19 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
This is what I find odd among immigrants( I know something about them!). They leave everything behind; country, family, parents but then when they settle in the US they start romanticizing about the old country they practically fled. What you list as your dislikes ARE the customs. To each his own but I would raise my kids as Americans.
I can understand what Adi is saying; he doesn't want to totally lose his culture while becoming American. If he does like so many of the Indians I know are doing here in New Jersey (I live in a predominantly Indian neighborhood, and the demographics of the near future are pointing to the entire town becoming that way), he can (arranged) marry an Indian or Indian American woman who is a Hindu and raise his kids in the faith. It is really amazing how Indian some of the little Indian American kids are in my town - born and raised here but speak English with pronounced Indian accents - but they are also not real Indians; they are Americans, and their children will be even more assimilated than they are. Their grandparents from the Old Country won't even recognize the language and culture these kids will have.

What I do find idiotic is when Indians come here and want to totally reproduce an Indian lifestyle here. They want to live only with Indians, socialize only with Indians and even try to modify their workplace to be like India rather than America. In that case I suggest to them that they should simply go back to India if they want to act as if they never left there.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
It is really amazing how Indian some of the little Indian American kids are in my town - born and raised here but speak English with pronounced Indian accents -
You really, really have to try hard to make this happen. It requires determined and total isolation of the kids. It is truly a disservice to the kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty