U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2014, 10:28 AM

315 posts, read 278,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Apparently, Anything to appease a man. I could never quite understand that, especially if you consider the US an 'Evolved' society.

Whoops, back on topic
I don't know why any culture that has its own set of problems is somehow more ''Evolved''.
I never saw anything superior...
its like any other set of people,cultures...some good and some not so good
we are all people and equals
different but equal

Old 08-05-2014, 10:30 AM

315 posts, read 278,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
A college classmate did the same... she converted from catholic to muslim and wears a hijab now! And she is also ultra conservative. Keep in mind, in college, she was always trying to spend the night at the frat house, so this is pretty much a 180!
what if it was an atheist who married and changed to catholic and became conservative?
women tend to change to the man's customs and religion...its just been a norm as i understand but i think it depends on the person...there are men who change their lifestyles to fit with their partners...i think everyone accommodates their partners in some ways or another
some of these accommodations are more obvious than another...and its their own choice...it doesn't automatically mean one can assume they aren't liberated or that its to be judged in anyways...it has to do with the individual and maybe they felt convinced that this was better!! who knows

i kept my faith and customs even though i married out of my religion and culture although i did also learn and practice new that I learned. I feel much enriched and grateful for the same.

its normal to learn and unlearn things when married out of one's own culture

Old 08-06-2014, 04:02 AM

6,317 posts, read 4,437,543 times
I don't think they are the standard of beauty anymore really. Maybe to that murderer since he was "outside looking in."

But look at the USA movies from the 20s to now. We started out w small delicate features such as nose, eyes lips, and very pale skin. In the 60s tans got popular but still a very thin "White" figure.

Now "everyone" wants to go tanning and get silicone lips and breasts. Sandra Bullock is the #1 pd actress. She is White yet w "exotic" features. For top pd TV actresses, the Big Bang girl just passes her but right before that it was Sophia V who is Hispanic and the Kardashians who also have exotic features.

Almost all of my White male friends think the "Hispanic look" or mixed race (ie, darker all around, curvy w big eyes n lips) are the ideal.

I swear, sometimes I watch old movies from the 80's and think "damn, i would have been a hotty in that decade!"

Old 08-06-2014, 08:49 AM

877 posts, read 1,025,471 times
The only folks trying to delude themselves into believe that white women aren't the standard of beauty are white folks with "white guilt" who think this assumption is saying whites are racist, and women of color LOL

Old 08-06-2014, 10:00 AM

13,636 posts, read 8,659,415 times
There is a simple test. Go to Barnes and Noble and look at the magazine stand where they keep all the women/fashion magazines. You'll see that out of 25 or so perhaps 23, if not all, have some white fashion model on the cover. When it is about making money, PC goes out the window.

vanity fair covers - Google Search

even more striking

cosmo covers - Google Search

Last edited by HappyRider; 08-06-2014 at 10:13 AM..

Old 08-06-2014, 10:30 AM

25,402 posts, read 14,485,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodiddlay View Post
Yes this is after the UCSB tragedy that happened after the guy got angry of white girls rejecting him and went on a rampage. Now since White girls are always promoted as the most attractive, guys (of all races) want them.

If they were not promoted as the most attractive, would they still be the most desired?
He may not be attracted to people of other races because he doesn't feel that close to them. I dated an African American and now look at black women in the same light. I don't think all white women in the beautiful light and I don't think all black women are either then again, I don't date for looks... <_<

The only problem I had with my ex was she had a similar stance towards media and complained that Tangled was the fair-skinned blonde princess (after The Princess and the Frog) a friend of her's and myself disagreed because to the story of Tangled though I agree in ways that black actors don't always get chances in "white" movies and or are the token characters (see Not Another Teen Movie for reference.) I think there are beautiful women of all races.

Old 08-07-2014, 04:03 PM

777 posts, read 792,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usroute10 View Post
White women are most definitely promulgated as the most beautiful - that Nordic, blond hair and blue eye look. But, in general, white and Jewish people control the media, so it is natural that they would promote their own women as the pinnacle of beauty.
But why downplay features from other races? Why not be fair?

Old 08-07-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
I'm not white and I don't believe Caucasian features are superior. But why else does east Asia have the largest skin bleaching industry in the world, where over 80% of their skincare products contain bleaching agents?

Why do they so eagerly rush to eyelid surgery?

Why do certain women wear horse hair or hair from the head of someone from Malaysia/China/India?

Granted, most white women don't meet the standard of beauty either, particularly in the west. But apparently their features are generally most desirable.
Why do certain women get butt implants?

Why do certain women get collagen in their lips to make them bigger?

Why do certain women sit in the sun, risking cancer, to get darker/brown skin?

Old 08-07-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
They tan for a Mediterranean look, not to look black (contrary to what black women like to argue/claim)
In that case, maybe black women wear weaves for convience and variety (contrary to what you and some whites like to argue/claim).

btw -- white women wear weaves as well.

Old 08-07-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
East Africans are generally mixed...
Many East Africans are not mixed and they have those features.

White people are the ones who are mixed and they got their features from East Africans. White people come from black people/africans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or