U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 02:26 AM

2 posts, read 6,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodiddlay View Post
Yes this is after the UCSB tragedy that happened after the guy got angry of white girls rejecting him and went on a rampage. Now since White girls are always promoted as the most attractive, guys (of all races) want them.

If they were not promoted as the most attractive, would they still be the most desired?
I've seen many beautiful young women that are African American, Asian and other nationalities. It's not just white women that are beautiful.

Old 05-30-2014, 03:11 AM

1,199 posts, read 2,117,146 times
Given that media is generally used to sell products, and generate money from ratings, and push social agendas, its propably not the most reliable source to base the desirability of women or men on, especially not in the U.S. I don't really trust the media at all. Also, if people are using dating apps to form their opinions about the value of women in society, then these people don't seem very bright. Just truly lacking in brain matter. Wow. Just...Wow.

Old 05-30-2014, 03:48 AM

7,497 posts, read 9,294,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Gay men can, of course, have an opinion on women, and usually do...LOL.

I'm a straight white woman and I have an opinion on the physical attractiveness of gay males.

Ricky Martin? Hot.

Truman Capote? Not so much.
Oh yeah! They're the ones that notice the most if you change your hair or wear fake eyelashes.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:12 AM

4,878 posts, read 4,575,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Western European facial features"
Not necessarily, if you are talking about thin facial features and 'nice eyes'. There are sizable populations around the world on every continent that have these features. And there are sizable populations in Europe that don't have these features. Examples, China, Africa and India.
Here is my exact quote which said "most" not all (exceptions).
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
Just looking at the link about Miss Universe winners - most of the winners had the Western European
facial features (early exceptions were from Japan, the Philippines, Thailand, Trinidad).

Miss Universe Winners
And most of them do have those western features. Would this pretty girl win?
http://static3.demotix.com/sites/def...ia_1317670.jpg

Old 05-30-2014, 07:36 AM

5,476 posts, read 2,321,338 times
Concepts of beauty change over time. During the Rennaissance and in many cultures, Ruebenesque woman were considered the height of beauty and in the 19th and early 20 th century, any woman with a tan were considered of a lower class. Now, there are many cultures that have looked at whiteness as something to be strove for. For example, Japanese culture, see Geisha girls, and Indian culture, with their conceptions of whiteness. The culture of whiteness, in Indian and Japanese societies as well as others, predated any Western contact.

Concepts of beauty have changed and will always continue to change.

Last edited by TreeBeard; 05-30-2014 at 07:53 AM..

Old 05-30-2014, 11:31 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,214,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Its a dumb question, not a controversial question. Beauty, is beauty. White women aren't "promoted" as the "standard" of beauty". OMG what a ridiculous question.

Would be great if the MODS would check these ONE TIME/FIRST TIME poster's IP addresses and compare to existing regular posters. Then just use the posters normal CD name instead of the ridiculous "new account" they created just to start a dumb thread.

Thread closing in 5...........4............3..........2............. ..1
Didn't you just join yourself?

Old 05-30-2014, 12:52 PM

1,271 posts, read 761,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Its a dumb question, not a controversial question. Beauty, is beauty. White women aren't "promoted" as the "standard" of beauty". OMG what a ridiculous question.

Would be great if the MODS would check these ONE TIME/FIRST TIME poster's IP addresses and compare to existing regular posters. Then just use the posters normal CD name instead of the ridiculous "new account" they created just to start a dumb thread.

Thread closing in 5...........4............3..........2............. ..1

AMEN!! I'm normally not one to label a question as stupid, so I'll call this one misguided. The entire premise of the question ignores a basic human function of life:

The grass is always greener on the other side.

Besides, if this were true, how would white guys (supposedly most likely to end up with white women, or does that standard of beauty not apply to them?) develop yellow fever?

Old 05-30-2014, 02:22 PM

4,582 posts, read 6,154,758 times
Step outside the US borders just for a minute. There is no standard unless you fall for it.

Let me go way back.
http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=LUg7G3CPos0

Old 05-30-2014, 07:53 PM

5,368 posts, read 5,728,690 times
White women say "well people say we age the worst"

Yea that's true but your also seen as the most attractive females. Heck the closer a black or brown women is to looking white the more attractive she's perceived. So to me that's a great trade off

Old 05-30-2014, 08:12 PM

1,199 posts, read 2,117,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
White women say "well people say we age the worst"

Yea that's true but your also seen as the most attractive females. Heck the closer a black or brown women is to looking white the more attractive she's perceived. So to me that's a great trade off

White women are viewed as the most attractive females by men who desire White women. Men who desire other races of women do not share this view at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or