Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2014, 01:10 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,049,648 times

Advertisements

Just googled Candice Swanepoel since I had no idea who that was. Yeah...if you want to prove that White women look alike and have similar "European" features, using Candice Swanepoel and Mila Kunis is actually a pretty crappy idea.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:09 PM

31,004 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
And my point still stands that the white men do do generally date out are not quality.

And I know he's married to a black woman and it was said he received hell for it among his circle of friends and that they never did and still don't accept his wife.

But you (as a white guy) are only offended by my comment about white guys dating Asian women, which is understandable. It was a simple observation that white guys are quick to defend and get upset over that pairing, but not other couples. Perhaps because white men-black women is extremely uncommon. And who wants to claim the rejects that stoop that low, ya know?

Either way, back to the topic. I'm sure this goes against the politically correct rules of not discussing race on this website. I'm not white either, so I don't understand why this would offend anyone.
"And I know he's married to a black woman and it was said he received hell for it among his circle of friends and that they never did and still don't accept his wife."
Not likely, but apparently what is most important to men like him is wealth, prestige and being relatively fit.

"Either way, back to the topic. I'm sure this goes against the politically correct rules of not discussing race on this website. I'm not white either, so I don't understand why this would offend anyone"
The issue obviously exists but of course it is taboo to talk about on this site. I'm sure there are plenty of non pc web sites where this topic is discussed.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 06-10-2014 at 02:48 PM..

Old 06-10-2014, 04:53 PM

877 posts, read 1,316,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"And I know he's married to a black woman and it was said he received hell for it among his circle of friends and that they never did and still don't accept his wife."
Not likely, but apparently what is most important to men like him is wealth, prestige and being relatively fit.

"Either way, back to the topic. I'm sure this goes against the politically correct rules of not discussing race on this website. I'm not white either, so I don't understand why this would offend anyone"
The issue obviously exists but of course it is taboo to talk about on this site. I'm sure there are plenty of non pc web sites where this topic is discussed.
If it's an existing "issue"(which I don't think it is), I see nothing wrong with acknowledging it.

I like Tika Sumpter and Joan Smalls and would love to see more of them, but the reality is they aren't as marketable as Cara Delevingne or Miley Cyrus or Kim K

Old 06-10-2014, 06:45 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
If it's an existing "issue"(which I don't think it is), I see nothing wrong with acknowledging it.

I like Tika Sumpter and Joan Smalls and would love to see more of them, but the reality is they aren't as marketable as Cara Delevingne or Miley Cyrus or Kim K
Try comparing apples to apples.

Tika Sumpter is a working actress with a solid IMDB and a stars in a series on OWN.

Joan Smalls is a working supermodel with name recognition and highly coveted ad campaigns including Gucci, Chanel, Fendi, and many more LUXURY brands. Her career is superior to the younger yet also well known Cara Delevingne at this point. They also happen to be close friends.

The references to Miley Cyrus and Kim K are random and pointless. One is a singer and the other is known for a sex tape.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:38 PM

937 posts, read 1,134,563 times
Quote:
Because I've already said that the women who represent other communities typically have Caucasian features. They don't necessarily want to see a white woman, but they want to see a whiter version of their kind, with European features. A broad nose, not so big lips, high cheekbones, a heart shaped/oval face, straight or "good" hair, light skin.

And I also mentioned that in some cultures, these features (which are often considered European/white features) are indicative of other things such as social class.
I'm willing to bet that you're a brown Indian male... The British did a superb job brainwashing the continent of your ancestors.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
There seems to be no upset attitudes towards my reference that Robert DeNiro and other guys who date black girls are rejects. How typical. Just an observation.
Clearly, you've never seen pics of Robert DeNiro during his prime years.

(Media.com - Permission to share web picture hot link)

I have a hard time believing that Deniro was ever a reject. Even at 70 years old, he's still maintained his looks, but he was definitely very good looking during his prime. Deniro is an immensely talented (and wealthy) actor. Yet, because he married a black woman (and has always preferred black women), he's a reject. LOL You're hilarious!

I'm guessing that if you looked like the picture above and had half of his talent and wealth, many white women would be flocking to you..

Too bad.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:54 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,683,351 times
Quote:
And my point still stands that the white men do do generally date out are not quality.

And I know he's married to a black woman and it was said he received hell for it among his circle of friends and that they never did and still don't accept his wife.
Link please? George Lucas and Mellody Hobson had been together for years before they decided to marry. Somehow, I doubt that he would have a bunch of racists as close friends.

Are you sure you are not just inventing a lot of this stuff?

Old 06-10-2014, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
As a straight woman, I can't say what men like, but from what they say, how they respond, and how I would want to look to be more desirable, I would guess that they prefer olive to tanned skinned women, the color of women like Beyonce, Sofia Vergara, to Alicia Keys and Tyra Banks or Halle Berry's color. Although I think women as dark as Lupita Nyongo are very striking and gorgeous, I'm not sure if that perception is shared as a standard of beauty by most people in the world (Asians are the majority of people on Earth, and eurocentric societies across four continents make up the rest of the popular world and dark skin as a model of beauty does not exist enough to be a standard in any of these places).
The second largest population in the world, consist of people of African descent. Even amongst the largest population (Asians) there is a sizable number of dark/brown complected people. Surely, there's enough brown/dark in the world, for the beauty standard to change.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:17 PM

543 posts, read 999,407 times
Like a few posted had said in here, the following statements are true:

-Symmetrical features are always the golden standard of facial attractives, regardless of race.

-Beauty standards are actually quite dynamic.

Since the late 80's, there has been broader standards aside from the Norse standard. This year, Candice Swanepoel is the most desired, while Eva Longoria was the most desired several years ago. The common factor among both: facial symmetry.

I like all women (I'm a bi woman), as long as their face is symmetrical and their bodies have healthy looking curves. I like Beyonce, I like Scarlett Johanson, I like Ana de la Reguera, I like Ayumi Hamasaki, I like Mila Kunis, I like Aishwara Raj...I like all kinds of women.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:26 PM

543 posts, read 999,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
You say White women and then list Mila Kunis who actually looks very exotic and about as White as Jessica Alba. This kind of proves my point that there are no such things as "European" or "White" features.
Mila Kunis is actually an Ukranian Jew, and I find her both exotic and stunning. Jessica Alba is Mexican-American...and I don't consider her "exotic", especially since there are two (Mexican) actresses who look a lot like her (Adela Noriega and Marlene Favela). She (Jessica) is quite hot, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty