Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2014, 11:50 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Black women always scream self hate or racism when reality is acknowledged, which is pretty sad in itself.

And no, i've never claimed to have struggles due to my race. I'm simply i'm in a very homogenous environment. Perhaps if I did tell you the location, you'd see differently. But I have no reason to.

And apparently you all do care what society thinks or you wouldn't have derailed this thread. I guess it sucks to be a black woman and having to acknowledge that white women are the pinnacle of beauty. Denial is only way of for y'all. Best of luck to y'all
I derailed the thread because what you were posting was inaccurate--nothing wrong with you personally believing white women are the most beautiful. But saying that white women are more likely to have the golden ratio of beauty without any evidence beyond personal observation was silly and I called you out on it.

You may not have said you had struggles due to your race but your thread title implied that because you were an AA women in a mostly white environment you had a difficult time dating. In other words you made it racial. The proper thing to do if you were satisfied with being mixed and didnt believe your race was an issue was to simply state that you were struggling with dating and leaving race out of the equation. I also still have no clue why you choose to identify with aa women when you clearly have negative feelings about AA women. It boggles my mind. You aren't black, so just called yourself "mixed" and keep it moving. But if your going to say your an aa woman then keep it real. Saying you identify with us, and then saying "you black women do xyyyyzxz" as if to separate from the very group of women you classify yourself as is self hatred and you can deny it but anyone reading your posts saw right through it.

And perhaps naming your location would have been fitting. But as I said I've lived in several states, in the southern region, the Midwest region, and I'm now on the east coast. I've always lived in upper middle/upper white areas and still cannot identify with your struggles. As I told you in that thread, I won't pretend that every state is tolerant and open minded but I can say that my own personal experiences were nothing like yours and I'm not even biracial. So with that being said you can wish us luck if you would like, and I will extend the same hope to you. I hope you eventually get over the hatred you have about being part black and accept and love yourself.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:09 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,687,308 times
This might be of interest to any self-loathing and confused mixed-race person:

"...That's according to a study, the first to find that hapa faces are rated as more beautiful than European or Japanese faces. Researchers say the finding may extend to other racial mixes as well."

Mixed Race, Pretty Face?
http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200512/mixed-race-pretty-face

Old 06-12-2014, 12:12 PM

877 posts, read 1,316,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
This might be of interest to any self-loathing and confused mixed-race person:

"...That's according to a study, the first to find that hapa faces are rated as more beautiful than European or Japanese faces. Researchers say the finding may extend to other racial mixes as well."

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200512/mixed-race-pretty-face
PsychologyToday also posted the article about black women being the most unattractive and masculine (due to higher testosterone levels) while Asian men being the most desirable.

I'm sure you'll ask for proof, which you can easily google. They pulled the article because of course, black women took offense to it

Old 06-12-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I derailed the thread because what you were posting was inaccurate--nothing wrong with you personally believing white women are the most beautiful. But saying that white women are more likely to have the golden ratio of beauty without any evidence beyond personal observation was silly and I called you out on it.

You may not have said you had struggles due to your race but your thread title implied that because you were an AA women in a mostly white environment you had a difficult time dating. In other words you made it racial. The proper thing to do if you were satisfied with being mixed and didnt believe your race was an issue was to simply state that you were struggling with dating and leaving race out of the equation. I also still have no clue why you choose to identify with aa women when you clearly have negative feelings about AA women. It boggles my mind. You aren't black, so just called yourself "mixed" and keep it moving. But if your going to say your an aa woman then keep it real. Saying you identify with us, and then saying "you black women do xyyyyzxz" as if to separate from the very group of women you classify yourself as is self hatred and you can deny it but anyone reading your posts saw right through it.

And perhaps naming your location would have been fitting. But as I said I've lived in several states, in the southern region, the Midwest region, and I'm now on the east coast. I've always lived in upper middle/upper white areas and still cannot identify with your struggles. As I told you in that thread, I won't pretend that every state is tolerant and open minded but I can say that my own personal experiences were nothing like yours and I'm not even biracial. So with that being said you can wish us luck if you would like, and I will extend the same hope to you. I hope you eventually get over the hatred you have about being part black and accept and love yourself.
I actually don't believe that white women are the most beautiful. But apparently the majority does believe such. Did I ask this question? Am I the one butthurt over white women being considered the most attractive? No. But you and the other black female posters seem to take issue with it.

I've said nothing remotely negative about black women. Statistically, black women are the least desired. Least likely to marry (in general), least likely to marry interracially and the least preferred in the media (because they're the least preferred by the gen population). And black women are viewed as the most masculine due to having higher levels of testosterone. These are all facts.

As you can see, the guy with yellow fever is the only other person derailing the thread.

If anything, wouldn't I brag about how mixed girls are made tokens by both black and white guys? I know black guys who say they aren't attracted to black women but they love mixed girls. They seem to think bad mouthing black women will make me find them attractive when it won't. I'm not attracted to guys who bash women in general. Bad trait.

Or white guys who go on about black women being ugly but that they'd 'bang' Halle Berry.

But i'm not bragging about any of that because it's not a compliment to me. I realize in some respects I am seen as different due to being biracial. But I have had 1 or 2 individuals use racial slurs against me and the first slur they opted for was the "n" word. Legally I'm recognized as my other half, which I have yet to mention. I could be blasian for all you know, or part middle eastern.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Psychology also posted the article about black women being the most unattractive and masculine (due to higher testosterone levels) while Asian men being the most desirable.

I'm sure you'll ask for proof, which you can easily google. They pulled the article because of course, black women took offense to it
That was an opinion piece by a bigot. Look, even if you don't care for the article on mixed-race people and attractiveness, other mixed-race people might find it to be useful.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:16 PM

734 posts, read 1,082,067 times
I wish we could give negative rep points. Can you all just ignore the troll? Stop bickering with it and it will go away.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
That was an opinion piece by a bigot. Look, even if you don't care for the article on mixed-race people and attractiveness, other mixed-race people might find it to be useful.
Nope, it was an article supported by PsychologyToday until they realized our society doesn't do well with the truth. I see no reason that it's any less valid than this article you posted

Old 06-12-2014, 12:27 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Black women always scream self hate or racism when reality is acknowledged, which is pretty sad in itself.

And no, i've never claimed to have struggles due to my race. I'm simply i'm in a very homogenous environment. Perhaps if I did tell you the location, you'd see differently. But I have no reason to.

And apparently you all do care what society thinks or you wouldn't have derailed this thread. I guess it sucks to be a black woman and having to acknowledge that white women are the pinnacle of beauty. Denial is only way of for y'all. Best of luck to y'all
It seems you do not quite understand the differences between individual experiences, and societal values. Many of the other black women chiming in on the thread have had lots of individual success, but we still recognize their are issues with how black women are portrayed and perceived in the mass media.

I grew up in white suburbia and went to a majority minority college, with a small black population. Generally speaking, I didn't have huge issues fitting in, as one of the only black faces, particularly when it came time to get tracked into college/no college zones.

As long as I continue to meet people (black or not) who tell me "oh you aren't like 'regular black people," it is a clear indicator we have a ways to go as a society (American culture that is). Even if I manage to find success in my own life.

Last edited by jade408; 06-12-2014 at 01:38 PM..

Old 06-12-2014, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
It seems you do not quite understand the differences between individual experiences, and societal values. Many of the other black women chiming in on the thread have had lots of individual success, but we still recognize their are issues with how black women are portray and perceived in the mass media.

I grew up in white suburbia and went to a majority minority college, with a small black population. Generally speaking, I didn't have huge issues fitting in, as one of the only black faces, particularly when it came time to get tracked into college/no college zones.

As long as I continue to meet people (black or not) who tell me "oh you aren't like 'regular black people," it is a clear indicator we have a ways to go as a society (American culture that is). Even if I manage to find success in my own life.
I don't think the other posters care about what you've just mentioned because I mentioned similar experiences and it went ignored. They live in a world of delusions.

I too, as I have mentioned, have been told by whites (specifically) that while they don't like blacks or my other half, they don't mind me/they like me because I'm different. And yes, I've also known people who take issue with my other half for whatever reason being.

And for some reason, being around a bunch of white guys and hanging out with them, they feel much more comfortable expressing their true feelings to you. I know some white guys who refer to minorities by derogatory terms, maybe not publicly, but privately.
And they seem to think it's acceptable to do so around me. Or they bash other minorities (which i'm not mixed with), thinking it's acceptable.

That's why I said I call myself black. Legally am I recognized as black? No. But as long as I am told "you're fine by me cause you don't act like them," I'm black...

Reality is I have one parent who is black, another who isn't.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Nope, it was an article supported by PsychologyToday until they realized our society doesn't do well with the truth. I see no reason that it's any less valid than this article you posted
Even if one doesn't care for Psychology Today, the article itself is interesting. Ignore it if you like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty