Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2014, 06:39 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,627,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodiddlay View Post
Yes this is after the UCSB tragedy that happened after the guy got angry of white girls rejecting him and went on a rampage. Now since White girls are always promoted as the most attractive, guys (of all races) want them.

If they were not promoted as the most attractive, would they still be the most desired?
I have always considered white women the most attractive, but not because the media tells me to, I find them.the most attractive because that is my preference, and when I say white I don't necessarily mean caucasian only but instead women with certain facial features, that doesn't mean I don't find other women attractive, of course I do.

Old 06-12-2014, 06:42 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
One thing I find is that just about any feature can be found in any ethnic group if you look around a little. So I am always a little skeptical if someone says I don't find so and so group attractive due to feature X.

Old 06-12-2014, 06:59 PM

937 posts, read 1,134,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
I'm not getting frustrated with anything. The black female posters are the ones obsessed with this topic, which is understandable but a bit odd

Mind you, the black posters are the only ones offended by this topic. And the black posters are also the only one defending themselves, so clearly, there is some truth to what I'm saying
Nyanna, you're extolling white women while attempting to demean black women. Clearly, you value whiteness above every other ethnic/racial group. For crying out loud, you're a bill board for white supremacist views.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:38 PM

877 posts, read 1,316,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Nyanna, you're extolling white women while attempting to demean black women. Clearly, you value whiteness above every other ethnic/racial group. For crying out loud, you're a bill board for white supremacist views.
Again, you can continue calling me another poster. It's not who I am. But whatever makes you feel better about yourself. I have no reason to deny such and I'm sure the admins/mods would be happy to confirm that I'm not who you're accusing me to be.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:32 PM

612 posts, read 843,224 times

Old 06-13-2014, 12:58 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
???<=bluemoonpie<=bakedkookies<=orange crush<=julie1234<=bambi234<=crystal buttons<=purplerage<=redberry rose<=nyanna

Old 06-13-2014, 01:41 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Thing is, being "white" doesn't give anyone an automatic pass in regards to attractiveness. Even a good looking white woman will often feel ugly or inadequate when comparing herself to others.. So that image of "perfection and ideal beauty" is really not even a reality that the majority of white woman can identify with..

Old 06-13-2014, 08:23 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Oh, gosh, I think the most beautiful women in media and fashion today are quite exotic, and many are a combination of several ethnicities.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:20 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers10 View Post
I am honestly beginning to feel quite bad for you. It is clear that you are quite young. You seem to be a bright and alert young lady, enrolled in college, and have a long future ahead of you. However, I'm not sure if you are learning anything in college. You also seem to be exceedingly sheltered and not well read AT ALL. Everything you are mentioning in your responses is based on your opinion, an opinion that has ZERO basis in fact and is unfortunately quite ignorant.

You talk about stereotypical white features and the presence of these features in other "races" is due to "mixing" with Europeans. This is very, very wrong. You talked earlier about East Africans being mixed. No they are not; you just made that up under your assumption that anyone that does not appear to be "sub-Saharan" African must be mixed. The East Africans I'm presuming you are describing (Ethiopians, Somalians, Eritreans, etc.) originate from the Land of Punt. These civilizations were never conquered, overrun, or even colonized until the late-19th century. Any "mixing" that took place is apparently inconsequential because it didn't seem to change their physical appearance. I strongly recommend taking an anthropology class at your college.

Do you realize that all of the features you describe as "stereotypical white features" actually came from "blacks". These "stereotypical" features were all found in "blacks" before the first "stereotypical white" person even appeared on the planet earth. Such "stereotypical" features include the quality of being:

"Blonde"

"Blue-Eyed"

"Thin-lipped and long-narrow nosed"

And even the quality of being "white" itself without albinism!

And surprise, surprise! "Asians" also trace their origins to Africa (Africans and Asians originating in similar latitudes NOT surprisingly share similar physical characteristics).

So for most of human history, all people were just "black" according to your description. Yet I seriously doubt any of them viewed themselves as black. The combination of physical features of what you describe as being "stereotypically white" has only regularly occurred together in populations likely within at most the last 7,000 years or so:

Stone-Age Hunter Had Blue Eyes And Dark, African Skin - Forbes

Your perspective on black women being the most undesirable based on their physical features is ridiculous. There are many white men who are with black women with "stereotypical black" features as their first choice and not some consolation prize:

WhiteGuyBlackGirlLove

I would tend to think the proliferation of people with "stereotypically black" features in America coupled with the average African American being of about 1/4 European ancestry (overwhelmingly the result of the input of white DNA from males and not European females) would tend to indicate that A LOT of men of different races found "stereotypically black" women highly desirable and not as some default choice. Many of the barriers you think there are to interracial relationships are not based on a lack of desirability, but social expectations individuals are burdened with by their families or peer pressure. Would this perhaps be the case in your sorority?

I think you need to broaden your horizons. Take advantage of your time in college to interact with people you wouldn't have the opportunity to do so otherwise. Enroll in a study abroad program for a semester. Take a summer class at an HBCU or community college with a majority "historically-underrepresented" student body. Volunteer at a diverse elementary school or after school program where you can see how kids do not have the same racial hang-ups as you and interact with one another quite freely. You think you may just be offending "black" women who are "jealous" of you () or "white" men with "Asian fever" (), but in case you haven't noticed you're pretty much offending everyone.

For example, chances are many of the "black" women you are insulting probably have some discernible "white" ancestry (if they are African American) and are aware of this fact. So this is why they are taking the high road and not insulting you because they are just as "multiracial" and "biracial" as you are. And while you may think you are just not being "PC", at least some astute politically-incorrect people incorporate some uncomfortable truths in their perspectives. Much of what you have been responding with is just factually-incorrect and plain ignorant.

And I would just like to add that your beliefs are quite ironic and sad at the same time simply because of what day it is:

Today in Supreme Court History: Loving v. Virginia

If it wasn't for this black woman and white man fighting for their rights up until 44 years ago today:

The relationship that produced you would not have been legal and likely got your parents thrown in jail!
Just want to point out i see that top pick of the girl with blonde hair everywhere...BUT
She is from Papua New Guinea. She is not "African" or of African origin.
I do not know how to describe it,but is she black in skin color? Yes.
There are black people that have no African dna

Old 06-14-2014, 09:31 AM

1,021 posts, read 2,303,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Just want to point out i see that top pick of the girl with blonde hair everywhere...BUT
She is from Papua New Guinea. She is not "African" or of African origin.
I do not know how to describe it,but is she black in skin color? Yes.
There are black people that have no African dna
Not of "African" origin? I am assuming you continued to read the subsequent posts of myself and others. Austro-Melanesians including Aborigines:

and Melanesians:

have the first, most direct route out of humankind's African origin.

Hair DNA reveals 2 migration waves out of Africa - SFGate

Out of Africa - Austro-Melanesian History, Culture and Music at the Amoeblog

According to the link I posted earlier (and have posted at the bottom for your convenience), based on contemporary perceptions of race (which are biological bunk and merely a social construction) there would not have been "white" people until the past 7,000 years or so. The stereotypical physical features we assign to race now were all present in these "blacks" migrating throughout Eurasia and, in this case, Oceania. So African Americans, for example, do not have naturally straight blonde hair as most are descended from those Africans who migrated southward and westward, with some even migrating back in. As a result, these Africans from which the people you call "black" today have the most genetic diversity of any continental population in the world:

Study Finds Africans More Genetically Diverse Than Other Populations

However, the "blacks" who migrated through Southern India to Melanesia and ultimately Australia ended up isolated on islands. Therefore, the gene for straight blonde hair among these blacks did not get completely overrun by infusions of diverse DNA; this gene was passed around over and over again endemically among these insular populations (just like red hair on Ireland or blonde hair on Baltic peninsular areas). Hence, like a said before, the 10% rate of blondeness among Australo-Melanesians is the same rate of blondeness you see in Ireland. If you read the articles in the links above, you will see that there are some "non-Africans" who in their isolation remained (or became) "blacker" than the Africans themselves!

So the concepts of "black" and "African" are not interchangeable. Once again, to repost:

Stone-Age Hunter Had Blue Eyes And Dark, African Skin - Forbes

at one point "Europeans" were "black" without being "African" within the past 7,000 years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty