U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 05:11 PM

14,174 posts, read 22,539,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I hate it too. Mostly because I'm lazy and it takes time. What's worse is that I can't even let my facial hair grow out because it's still too patchy at 25 years old.

Down there isn't fun either. It's best to just stay on top of it by doing it every few days. Even then, navigating around the boys isn't pleasant. Does anyone have any suggestions/products for down there? I've nicked my scr0tum (yes, that is a censored word here) one too many times going with a standard beard trimmer and I won't do it with a razor.
I use a standar razor and rarely have any issues Just make sure your boys are cold when you shave them (you know why!) But I do hate shaving. I just trim my legs once a month with a guard so they arent furry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 05:29 PM

2,735 posts, read 3,705,738 times
My face, I do everyday, in the Summer, 2 times if I am going out at night. I have gotten the habit of trimming pubes every couple weeks or so but shaving the sack in the shower everyday( I agree, at first , go SLOW). I think they have gotten used to it as I am not nicking and they come out very smooth. Also shave the crotch as it seems easier to keep clean. JMHO.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:08 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,558,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
Your facial hair must be pretty thick after a week.
Not really too bad. Without any facial hair, I look like a sippy bottle kid. It takes me 3 days to grow a stubble.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:57 PM

677 posts, read 1,479,172 times
I'm going to be completely honest here. I have bad/sensitive skin and shaving is a nightmare for me. I have tried tons of different razors, shaving creams, no shaving cream, Nair, electric razors... everything but waxing and electrolysis, really. When I shave with a disposable razor, I get different results depending on the type or brand of razor and lubricant -- everything from rashes/razor burn to actual hives on rare occasions to itching to nicks to ingrown hair. My skin looks HORRIBLE when I shave. Maybe one out of ten times do I have have a decent experience without messing up my skin in some way. Nair and electric razors have less of a direct negative affect on my skin, but within hours I already have stubble growing back (same with disposable razors) and start itching uncontrollably and end up scratching until my skin is raw and inflamed (bad habit, I know, but I just can't help it ). I've always wondered if I'm in some way allergic to my own hair, but that wouldn't make sense since I have hair on my head.

As a result of all that, I don't shave my legs anymore. I wish I could wear dresses and skirts, but it's just not worth the hassle. I will probably be single for the rest of my life because what guy wants to date a girl with legs hairier than their own? lol. My hair is thick and dark, so yeah, it really is like man leg hair. [If any of you know a nice guy who likes hairy legs, please send him my way!]

Shaving my pits and pubes would give me the same issues as shaving my legs, but I do use an electric trimmer on them sometimes because I feel fresher without the bush thing going on. I just have to make sure the trim isn't too close (like a good electric razor would be) because then I'd have to deal with the itching.

I love taking showers and honestly had never heard of women not feeling the same way. Maybe I love them so much because shaving isn't part of my shower ritual.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:48 AM

3,718 posts, read 4,604,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Been using Epilady on my legs since I was 16 years old.
Do they have an equlivent for men?

Old 07-05-2014, 10:02 AM

706 posts, read 914,352 times
I hate shaving because it's so very time consuming. However, I also hate having hair on my body other than what's on my head, so I do it anyway.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:29 AM

18,434 posts, read 28,574,797 times
I absolutely hate shaving. I was just telling my fiance' the other day if I could get laser hair removal on all of those areas, I would!

Old 07-05-2014, 10:31 AM

13,247 posts, read 11,807,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
If you shave (pits, pubes, legs), do you wish that you didn't have to? Or have you gotten so used to it by now that it would not feel right not to? What's the longest you've gone without doing it?
I shave, but I would prefer a more permanent method of hair removal. Especially for my chin.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:37 AM

537 posts, read 944,832 times
I don't shave and don't need to. Not because I was blessed with sparse hair but because it's pointless. I never shaved regularly as a teenager and when I reached my twenties, I thought, "Wait, why am I doing this? Oh, for nothing." Then I stopped.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:04 AM

2,079 posts, read 2,483,777 times
meh.

shave my face 3x a week on average. sometimes ill just grow a beard and trim it with an electric razor. i am more likely to have a beard during the winter months. rugged look seems to work for me.

i trim my man patch 4 times a month. more often if i am sexually active.

chest, arms, and legs dont get shaved. i dont understand dudes that do this anyway. i'm sure they have their reasons but it just doesn't seem right...whatever works for them i guess
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or