U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 11:44 AM

18,434 posts, read 28,642,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
meh.

shave my face 3x a week on average. sometimes ill just grow a beard and trim it with an electric razor. i am more likely to have a beard during the winter months. rugged look seems to work for me.

i trim my man patch 4 times a month. more often if i am sexually active.

chest, arms, and legs dont get shaved. i dont understand dudes that do this anyway. i'm sure they have their reasons but it just doesn't seem right...whatever works for them i guess
...seems weird to me too.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 11:49 AM

10,577 posts, read 6,887,155 times
Guy here.

I don't like to shave, but I don't hate it. It's a minor expense and sometimes it's inconvenient, but in that way it's like brushing my teeth - I don't like doing it, either, but I prefer doing it to not doing it. The same with shaving.

I don't shave every day. If I do, it dings up my face too much - the sweet spot is about every four to five days, which happens to be when it gets long enough that I begin to dislike the look (though at least once a winter I get lazy long enough to sport a beard, which I usually let hang around for a month or so).

Happily, I haven't had a job in over 20 years where regular shaving was a necessity.

Old 07-05-2014, 03:01 PM

4,549 posts, read 3,538,040 times
I hate it. it's tedious, and it never gets all the hair. There's still stubble, and it grows back too fast as well. I shave one day, and it's thickening up again in a few days. Luckily I am blonde, so stubble isn't too bad.

Old 07-06-2014, 07:52 AM

318 posts, read 383,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I hate it too. Mostly because I'm lazy and it takes time. What's worse is that I can't even let my facial hair grow out because it's still too patchy at 25 years old.

Down there isn't fun either. It's best to just stay on top of it by doing it every few days. Even then, navigating around the boys isn't pleasant. Does anyone have any suggestions/products for down there? I've nicked my scr0tum (yes, that is a censored word here) one too many times going with a standard beard trimmer and I won't do it with a razor.
Aside from trimming I don't know why any bloke would even bother with shaving or waxing down there.

Old 07-06-2014, 07:53 AM

318 posts, read 383,042 times
Quote:
meh.

shave my face 3x a week on average. sometimes ill just grow a beard and trim it with an electric razor. i am more likely to have a beard during the winter months. rugged look seems to work for me.

i trim my man patch 4 times a month. more often if i am sexually active.

chest, arms, and legs dont get shaved. i dont understand dudes that do this anyway. i'm sure they have their reasons but it just doesn't seem right...whatever works for them i guess
I'm sure in days gone by they thought that it wasn't right for a man to shave his face...

Old 07-06-2014, 08:12 AM

4,970 posts, read 4,247,293 times
Shave my face, hate it, so I use an electric razor. I don't mind if I get a bit stubbly.

Old 07-06-2014, 08:13 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,861,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
If you shave (pits, pubes, legs), do you wish that you didn't have to? Or have you gotten so used to it by now that it would not feel right not to? What's the longest you've gone without doing it?
I am so used to shaving that it is just part of the shower process. I shave everyday in the shower. I like the feel of drying smooth skin as opposed to stubbly skin. Drying stubbly skin doesn't feel clean.

Watching a man shave his face is very sexy to me! MMMM

Old 07-06-2014, 08:14 AM

4,970 posts, read 4,247,293 times
Quote:
meh.

It's funny. I am genetically fairly hairless for a guy but have hairy legs. I like my legs smooth. Sometimes I have shaved them, but it takes ages to be really worth it. Don't know why I like them smooth, I just do. Maybe I want to be half female but no that's not it. I'm certainly not homosexual nor have any inkling of such a tendency (that's for sure!!!!). I just don't like hair on my body. I also don't like pubes.

Old 12-15-2014, 02:57 PM

3,718 posts, read 4,619,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Been using Epilady on my legs since I was 16 years old.
Do they have an Epilady equivalent for men?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Wax the other areas by myself.
Do you wax your pubic regions on your own?

Old 12-16-2014, 12:21 AM

9,016 posts, read 7,993,683 times
Lol I haven't read others responses.....
But I keep a clean house

On a side note, I had a massage the other day....
I forgot to shave my underarms that morning,
So I guess I had a bit of stubble.....
He confessed to me that night that it turned him on lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or