U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 05:46 PM

8,000 posts, read 16,804,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
A friend of mine has a terrible comb-over. His hair on the side is maybe 6 inches long and he slides it from left to right to cover his missing hair on top. Looks really silly but I suspect no one thinks it is good manners to tell him he looks silly. Should I be the first or let him decide on his own?
How close of a friend are you to him. I would tell a close friend of mine and I would hope that they would return the favor. I would never let my husband or best friend walk around with bad breath!! I would let them know immediately ~ I would want to know.

Sometimes we get use to doing things a certain way and don't realize how silly it is. Or we just don't pay any attention. See how everyone makes fun of Donald Trump's comb-over He still has that darn comb-over don't he?

I don't know why men try to hide the balding, being bald is just as sexy as a full head of hair to some women.

Where's that bald thread Kitten??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 06:05 PM

969 posts, read 2,459,662 times
Quote:
A friend of mine has a terrible comb-over. His hair on the side is maybe 6 inches long and he slides it from left to right to cover his missing hair on top. Looks really silly but I suspect no one thinks it is good manners to tell him he looks silly. Should I be the first or let him decide on his own?
A good friend would suggest a good stylist who could fix this - or you can say "No sane WOMAN or MAN has been fooled by a hairdo that can get changed in a wind tunnel.

Just saying

Old 12-14-2007, 07:11 AM

3,402 posts, read 11,980,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
Where's that bald thread Kitten??
I can't find it.

But here's a few others.

Good things about being bald.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...ece-toupe.html

Old 12-14-2007, 11:05 AM

15,533 posts, read 35,646,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
Ah yes ... the infamous "Toupe" topic! I remember this topic. It seems the mods deleted Wuteva's posts for some reason. I thought she was funny! I was defintely enjoying her snappy repartee.

Okay, getting back to the topic at hand ...

If this guy were a good friend or you felt comfortable approaching the subject of his hair, I would definitely, in a nice, tactful way suggest more complimentary hairstyles for him. Tell him he has such a handsome face and he would look so much better if he just took the plunge and shaved it all off. Perhaps he's an older gentleman and he's still stuck in that mode of thinking that only people with hair are attractive. You probably need to hip him to today's look.

If he's not somebody you know very well and/or don't feel comfortable broaching the subject, don't do it. I probably wouldn't, as I would not want to offend him.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:50 PM

13,036 posts, read 21,516,228 times
If he does look ridiculous then yes I do think you need to tell him in a gentle non critical sort of way. He has a right to know. That's what friends are for. Not just for the easy stuff but the hard things too !

Just make sure you are not hurtful , and i am sure though he might be upset to begin with he will thank you for it in the long term.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:52 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
he already knows. he is in denial.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:30 PM

62 posts, read 280,515 times
I wouldn't mention it to him, but I would mention balding males I found attractive or if I saw a pic of a bald man I thought was good looking I would bring it to his attention.

Kevin Costner had a pretty good haircut that hid his balding for quite a while.

Old 12-17-2007, 12:07 AM

605 posts, read 613,738 times
Quote:
If the comb-over jumped down my pants - I'd surely tell him to put it in the zoo, I'll tell him for you!
Darn pointdexters!

Old 12-17-2007, 12:13 AM

605 posts, read 613,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
he already knows. he is in denial.
Uh oh---maybe Toupe Anonymous is in order here!

Old 12-17-2007, 12:57 AM

716 posts, read 1,867,122 times
Id tell him to just shave it all off already
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty