U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-28-2015, 07:43 PM
 
Location: Endless Concert
1,634 posts, read 1,064,232 times
Reputation: 3043

Advertisements

As one post has mentioned - The people that look good for their age or younger don't go around saying so, they know they look good for their age, and others tell them.

To the people that go around saying they look younger for their age, keep in mind that this sounds quite aging.

If you're having trouble aging then have this as an affirmation to yourself that "you" think you look young/younger than your age. In, otherwords, if you don't want to sound silly to others keep it to yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-28-2015, 08:14 PM
 
Location: Ohio
2,801 posts, read 1,720,311 times
Reputation: 1641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliksder View Post
Well, if people tell you all your life that you look young then there must be some truth in it.

I have always been told that I look young for my age, even as a little kid. So, I assume people are right and enjoy the advantages.
I have always looked many years younger than my real age, it is great now being in my fifties but when you are young it makes things difficult because people treat you the age they think you are.

In my fifties I have been told I look like I am in my thirties, when I was in my mid twenties if I was clean shaven I looked mid teens.

I look at some my age and they look SOOO old in comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2015, 09:31 PM
 
Location: 60630
11,626 posts, read 17,035,814 times
Reputation: 10632
I usually think people look older than their age. ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2015, 12:16 AM
 
Location: Somewhere
8,071 posts, read 5,075,318 times
Reputation: 5654
Some people are bad with ages. I used to be like that in my younger years. Others are just lying and telling you "you look younger" because they think they are doing you a "favor" by making you feel good about yourself.

When I get one of those people I make it a point to tell them my age right away and move on to the next subject. That's my age whatever, it's neither a good or bad thing, it's reality. We all gonna age and we can't be forever 25.

All people look their age or within a 5 year range. Does it really matter if you are 38 and someone thinks you are 35 or 41? It's not really a big age difference, I don't understand what is the big deal. Aging is very obvious, your eyes droop, so does your mouth. Your facial skin is not as tight, you have less fat in your face. More fat in your torso. Your neck is thicker. You have less hair. Your body and face look very different every 10 years. If you don't see the difference then you probably don't know much about aging.

No way in hell a 50 year old would look like he/she is 30.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2015, 12:39 AM
 
Location: Somewhere
8,071 posts, read 5,075,318 times
Reputation: 5654
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
working on a farm, and breeding 15 kids will age a woman,




we all have to keep our age....frame of references- when we were in our teens,,,our grandparents or neighbors in their 50.s were OLD,,,they looked old,,,,

so now we may be 50 and swear we don't look that old..

keep in mind going back 30-40 years ago people that were 50
had been thru wars and smoked for 30 years
and probably did not work in an office

you look at the 40 yr olds in the early 1900's they look 60 because of such laborious jobs
I never met my maternal grandmother but when I saw pictures as a child I thought she looked very old like in her 70's. She was in her late 50s.

As years went by I realized she actually looked her age. The pictures were taking in the 1960's but her hairdo and clothes were from the early 1940's and they threw me off but her face is still the face of someone in their 50's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2015, 01:34 PM
Status: "Even better than okay" (set 7 days ago)
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
51,192 posts, read 50,480,930 times
Reputation: 60081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Some people are bad with ages. I used to be like that in my younger years. Others are just lying and telling you "you look younger" because they think they are doing you a "favor" by making you feel good about yourself.

When I get one of those people I make it a point to tell them my age right away and move on to the next subject. That's my age whatever, it's neither a good or bad thing, it's reality. We all gonna age and we can't be forever 25.

All people look their age or within a 5 year range. Does it really matter if you are 38 and someone thinks you are 35 or 41? It's not really a big age difference, I don't understand what is the big deal. Aging is very obvious, your eyes droop, so does your mouth. Your facial skin is not as tight, you have less fat in your face. More fat in your torso. Your neck is thicker. You have less hair. Your body and face look very different every 10 years. If you don't see the difference then you probably don't know much about aging.

No way in hell a 50 year old would look like he/she is 30.
A dead giveaway as to age are the lines going from the sides of the nose down to the mouth. I look for that when trying to determine someone's age. They're more pronounced in some people than others, but after a certain age, everyone's got them and you can't lie and say you're in your twenties because I'll KNOW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Status: "Even better than okay" (set 7 days ago)
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
51,192 posts, read 50,480,930 times
Reputation: 60081
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
People that actually look young for their age don't need to play guessing games: they already know they look young for their age, because others regularly tell them.
One day this woman from another department who had been working with us was circling around my late-30's guy coworker. He is married with a toddler, but doesn't wear a ring--his wife is from another country, so maybe it's not their tradition, I don't know. Anyway, she's a well-educated, professional woman, always dressed nicely, hair done, makeup on, but somewhat overweight, and I think she thought he was available.

She was talking to him and she said, "So, how old do you think I am?" He replied, "Maybe 40? Late 30s?" She looked highly insulted, and said, "NO, I am only 35! People usually think I'm YOUNGER!"

I was snickering evilly into my keyboard. Don't ask the question if you don't want to hear the answer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2015, 02:47 PM
 
Location: NoVa
18,434 posts, read 28,516,023 times
Reputation: 19578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
A dead giveaway as to age are the lines going from the sides of the nose down to the mouth. I look for that when trying to determine someone's age. They're more pronounced in some people than others, but after a certain age, everyone's got them and you can't lie and say you're in your twenties because I'll KNOW.
I would normally agree but I know a young lady who is 18 and hers are more pronounced than mine and I have more than 20 years on her. I do realize you said they are more pronounced in some than others, so I am not trying to say you are wrong.

I am gonna take a peek at her parents. Maybe it has to do with genetics. Who knows!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2015, 09:45 PM
 
64 posts, read 43,388 times
Reputation: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Avocado View Post
I'm 37. I get carded sometimes but not as much as I did a few years back. So I guess I look older than I did then but I guess I must still look kinda young. I think I look good for my age (because I am athletic, the same size I was in high school despite having 2 kids, take care of myself etc. unlike half the women I know my age) so maybe that translates into looking younger too. Idk... whatever. I don't care as long as I don't look OLDER than my age. That would be unacceptable lol.

But I know what you mean about being annoyed at all the people who proclaim how young they look despite NOT looking younger. My friends is 45 and always talks about how young she looks. I look at her like wtf are you thinking? She smokes, drinks, and does NOT in any way look younger than 45. I would never say that to her but I certainly am thinking it!!
I am 41 and get carded 80% when I buy ciggs or go out for drinks, LOL.. it is annoying at times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2015, 11:56 PM
 
Location: Endless Concert
1,634 posts, read 1,064,232 times
Reputation: 3043
Everyone ages differently.

I've noticed how some people start freaking out a little around 40 and some late 40s and some people don't put alot of thought in to it and seem like their aging gracefully.

In different social circles I'm surprised how much I hear people make reference to age. I think if someone is over focusing on age/aging it can take away from them being happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top