U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 02:21 PM

2,801 posts, read 1,720,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha2014 View Post
I am 41 and get carded 80% when I buy ciggs or go out for drinks, LOL.. it is annoying at times
Although when I was in my twenties I looked much too young to buy alcohol the only place I was ever carded(that didn't card everyone) was at a bar in a bowling alley, I guess it was policy if there was ANY doubt card the person ... I was never carded at the State liquor store, I guess they thought if I had the stones to do something that was criminal I deserved the booze, or was in fact old enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 10:11 PM

635 posts, read 395,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
Oh brother Since we're about neck high in BS on this thread, I'll add my two cents. I look a full 30 years younger than my 47. As a matter of fact when I went to get my Sophomore son out of his high school early a week ago, staff ran out to my car and said this is visitors only, student parking is around back.
I think I love you. This is completely hilarious. I'm 37 but just last week I was at the mall by myself and a lady approached me and asked me if I lost my mommy. I looked at her like she was nuts and said I'm 37 years old. She was so embarrassed, she actually thought I was around 7 years old. I take really really good care of my skin and I eat lots of fruit and vegetables. I'm just lucky I guess.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:13 AM

10,236 posts, read 13,520,511 times
I have no idea how young or old I look to others. Compared to my mother, I think I look younger than she did at the same age, but then she didn't primp and pamper her looks, either.

When older people want you to "guess" their age, they want to hear you give a number younger than they are (and, boy, oh boy, I am NOT one to lie if you ask me!).

When a very young person wants you to "guess" their age, they want you to guess older (to see if they can hit bars, I guess... that was the explanation one gave me).

Old 03-08-2015, 01:47 PM

231 posts, read 112,063 times
Many people do look younger for their age because of availability of skin care products on the market and information on the internet, they stay out of the sun, good clean eating and all that stuff.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:59 PM

977 posts, read 817,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melovescookies View Post
I think I love you. This is completely hilarious. I'm 37 but just last week I was at the mall by myself and a lady approached me and asked me if I lost my mommy. I looked at her like she was nuts and said I'm 37 years old. She was so embarrassed, she actually thought I was around 7 years old. I take really really good care of my skin and I eat lots of fruit and vegetables. I'm just lucky I guess.
This lady thought you looked 7 years old? Did you mean 17 years old?

Old 03-08-2015, 02:07 PM

26,875 posts, read 28,145,186 times
I have only had someone guess within 3 years of my age less than a handful of times (post let's say age 25). It's almost to the point I want a few more age lines. I do have some grey hairs though.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:19 PM

18,434 posts, read 28,520,978 times
I am 41 and looking at pictures of both my mother and grandmother at the same age, I look much younger. My mother had me at age 38, so she was close to my current age. I remember as a child with my mother at the age of 50. I thought 50 was really old.

If I had to estimate, I would say at 50 my mom probably looked like what a lot or 65 year olds look like now.

Now I will say both she and my grandmother smoked. My mother drank, I do not think my grandmother did. They were both in the sun a lot. All of these things make a difference on your body.

I stay out of the sun, do not smoke or drink.

I could care less how old people think I am but I do know that I do not look as old as my mom did at the same age.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:00 PM

14,790 posts, read 13,479,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melovescookies View Post
i think i love you. This is completely hilarious. I'm 37 but just last week i was at the mall by myself and a lady approached me and asked me if i lost my mommy. I looked at her like she was nuts and said i'm 37 years old. She was so embarrassed, she actually thought i was around 7 years old. I take really really good care of my skin and i eat lots of fruit and vegetables. I'm just lucky i guess.
lol!!

Old 03-09-2015, 07:42 AM

635 posts, read 395,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTroy View Post
This lady thought you looked 7 years old? Did you mean 17 years old?
I wish I looked 17! I Sadly I look like a woman in her 30's and apparently I'm not very good at sarcasm.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:18 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,171,757 times
I was driving my car yesterday and a cop pulled me over. He asked to see my drivers license and was shocked to see I was a 42 year old man! He still thought I was still 15 and stole this car for cruising! Man was he embarrassed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty