Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 02:29 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Lose View Post
My body always seems to stay the same.

It's my face and how it looks is what changes so much.

Sometimes I look much paler than I really am.

It also looks fatter and more rounded than what I really am.

Sometimes my cheeks look huge.

That's what I notice most.
My face looks the same. It's my legs and butt that differ. Maybe the things we have trouble with or tend to pick apart are what we notice more in the mirror.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 03:01 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,603,624 times
Also, with digital cameras and phones, a person can instantly delete the least flattering shots of themselves, so you're getting the picture your friend was most pleased with, and I know I'd select the photo to send that showed me looking thinner in a swimsuit every.single.time.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:40 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I am convinced there is a Seinfeld episode for every occasion!
LOL - there is! In addition to the one mentioned about Elaine and the "skinny mirror", there was the one where Jerry was dating a girl who either looked gorgeous or hideous depending on the lighting!

Anyway, OP I agree - I look different in different mirrors, I don't know why. Some make me look far heavier than I am, some make me look thinner. Some distort my face, some camouflage figure flaws. It also depends on lighting as you say. Phone pix make me look AWFUL! In fact, I used to photograph far more attractively back in the "film camera" days rather than digital. I hate pix of myself now.

I guess we can never truly know how we look to others. Glad my husband thinks I'm beautiful!

Old 06-02-2014, 08:51 AM

706 posts, read 1,180,133 times
I always go by how I look in a picture. We see ourselves in the mirror everyday and it's easy to lie to ourselves and ignore that extra 5 pounds we have gained. I think psychologically, we tend to gloss over our flaws when we look in the mirror. But the camera doesn't lie. Unless filters or other forms of Photoshop are used, what you see in a picture is a true representation of what you really look like.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:18 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
I always go by how I look in a picture. We see ourselves in the mirror everyday and it's easy to lie to ourselves and ignore that extra 5 pounds we have gained. I think psychologically, we tend to gloss over our flaws when we look in the mirror. But the camera doesn't lie. Unless filters or other forms of Photoshop are used, what you see in a picture is a true representation of what you really look like.
Hmm interesting. I look slimmer in pictures than I do in the mirror. Maybe I'm not as big as I thought I was lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty