Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 09:37 PM

261 posts, read 418,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
Tattoos are permanent and I know several who regretted getting them and are looking to get them removed.
Necessity is the mother of invention. With so many young people with tattoos today, most of those young people will live to be old and there will be a lot of them who want their tattoos removed before their aging skin gets too loose, so eventually there is bound to be a booming market for tattoo removal that's simple, painless, and affordable to most. If it's not available today, it will be in the near future, you can mark my word on that.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:55 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,851 times
I am now in my 30s but when I was in high school my close group of friends went to get tattoos. I was the only one who did not. Even at that age those friends did not make me feel out of place or odd. They just knew it was not for me. If in my 20s or 30s I had friends who pressured me to do something like that I would really question their friendship. At that age you should be past peer pressure in my opinion.
I do feel what helped me not feel pressured is I felt confident in that a tattoo was not something I would like and that confidence helped me to stick to no.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:25 AM

1,480 posts, read 2,796,190 times
Would you admit that many people get tattoos get them because their friends that have some type of influence or charisma have them and people by nature want to fit in their friends?

Old 06-04-2014, 06:58 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,238,812 times
I don't mind them on the opposite sex as long as they are beautifully artistic. I dated a girl that had a large back tattoo that was like a scene of a Japanese painting & was also professionally done by an excellent artist. I consider anything on the breasts to be really trashy and that's a no go lol. Tats of pot leaves, etc. and tribal arm bands are also a major turn off.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:06 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
Would you admit that many people get tattoos get them because their friends that have some type of influence or charisma have them and people by nature want to fit in their friends?
no

Old 06-04-2014, 07:18 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,139,299 times
As stated before I am fully anti-tattoos. This girl needs to drop these people as friends. They sound so shallow.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:26 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
As stated before I am fully anti-tattoos. This girl needs to drop these people as friends. They sound so shallow.
I agree!

The problem with tattoos is that they say "I am a follower with little individuality". The tattoos are also associated with low social status, but there are exceptions. SO why would anyone do this?

Old 06-04-2014, 07:28 AM

412 posts, read 684,606 times
If getting a tattoo is the worst thing a child can be peer pressured into doing then your kid should be ok. I can think of other things much more dangerous (unprotected casual sex, smoking, drinking alcohol, using drugs) that are much more detrimental to a person. If your kid is thinking about a tattoo, make sure they know to choose a licensed professional not the kid down the street who rents a machine and thinks he is the next Picasso.
Unless s/he plans to be a musician, a kick boxer or a tattoo artist they might not want to get on on their face though.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMomDeb View Post
If getting a tattoo is the worst thing a child can be peer pressured into doing then your kid should be ok. I can think of other things much more dangerous (unprotected casual sex, smoking, drinking alcohol, using drugs) that are much more detrimental to a person. If your kid is thinking about a tattoo, make sure they know to choose a licensed professional not the kid down the street who rents a machine and thinks he is the next Picasso.
Unless s/he plans to be a musician, a kick boxer or a tattoo artist they might not want to get on on their face though.
Having sex and getting a tattoo are not in the same universe.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMomDeb View Post
Otherwise facial tattoo is OK ala Mike Tyson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty