Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 05:23 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,367,344 times

Advertisements

I like the look, personally, on all sorts of men. If you also had a burly build, I can see how it would give you a tough-guy look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 06:34 PM

4,965 posts, read 5,688,800 times
A lot of them seem to think they're sooooo tough. It's kind of sad really. Full of ego and pretenses. Trying to look like a big intimidating bulldog on the outside, hiding a tweeting little canary on the inside.

BTW - my comments are tongue in cheek. Though I dunno, they look a bit like giant babies to me. Babies tend to have very little hair. Real men have lots of hair (and not just on their head).

Old 06-03-2014, 06:43 PM

726 posts, read 1,229,241 times
SO's (sexual offenders) shave their heads so they won't leave any traceable hair behind. Skinheads shave their heats because it's a skinhead thing.

I think it shows lack of interest in ones personal hygiene, to lazy to get your hair cut, or that you are going through very ruff times and can't afford a hair cut.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:47 PM

1,203 posts, read 4,082,047 times
I think shaved heads are fairly common these days. The CEO of my company has a shaved head and he looks just as professional as any other executive when he's wearing a suit.

Maybe I'm biased because I shave my head too. But I've never gotten a negative reaction and several people have complemented me on it. Then again, I guess there are people out there like Foodmuse who equate shaved heads with sexual offenders . You can't please everyone!

If you like how it looks, go with it!

Old 06-03-2014, 08:14 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,225,008 times
Lots of men look just fine and it certainly beats that comb-over.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:19 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,173,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodmuse View Post
SO's (sexual offenders) shave their heads so they won't leave any traceable hair behind. Skinheads shave their heats because it's a skinhead thing.

I think it shows lack of interest in ones personal hygiene, to lazy to get your hair cut, or that you are going through very ruff times and can't afford a hair cut.
Wow, do you realize the time and effort it takes to shave your head every day or every couple days? It is really easier to wash, dry, and comb hair. Personlly, I had never even thought a man who shaves their head would be considered anything but choosing a different hair style. Lots of swimmers and surfers shave their heads instead of just rubbing the sun screen on their hair so they don't get skin cancer.

I would shave my head if I had to have chemo and my hair was going to start falling out in big blotches, too, and I am a woman. If my child had leukemia and lost their hair, I would shave my head to make them feel more confident, too.

Lots of reasons for shaved heads in this world......maybe it just isn't common in some areas; but here in Florida it is pretty normal to see many many men everyday who shave their heads. And it does not make them ugly or look mean unless they already looked ugly or mean with hair. It also does not mean they are lazy or too poor to get their hair cut.

If a guy is getting the round bald spot on top their head and keeps the hair on the side....now that is kind of ugly in my book and they would look younger and more professional by shaving their head. Bald is beautiful!

Old 06-03-2014, 08:29 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Not a fan.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:36 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,438,862 times
I guess I'm in the minority - can't stand shaved heads or the military buzzcut. What are you trying to hide? There's balding and then there's bald. I think it looks good on very few men, and the rest are just following the crowd.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:38 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,544,248 times
I like the look of buzzed/shaved - to me it is the most masculine hair cut, and that appeals to me.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:39 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
Shaved completely bald? It makes me think that he's trying to be something that he's not. If you're balding, you're balding. Accept yourself as you are. Shaving your head bald is only going to make you look like you're trying to hide your balding-ness.
I respectfully think just the opposite. When I see a man with a comb-over, I think he is trying to hide the fact that he is losing his hair.

I don't understand why a man will shave his head but wear a beard. I don't have anything against it, I just don't get it - he spends all that time on his head and stops at his face. * giggling *

Men are WAY too sensitive to the amount of hair they have on their head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty