Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,610 times

Advertisements

I'm a dude that works at a club at the door, but not in security. I'm 22, and not really a rah rah, in your face kind of guy. I stamp hands for drink specials, check ID's (since security is mostly inside the club because of the crowd), and collect cover charges. It's a college club mostly, so a lot of the girls there are 18-23. And... they're cute. OMG they're cute! Urgh! They have the looks and they're just too good at using them on me, to get by with freebies. Some will have really cute faces, and raise their eyes up at me and go "Pleeease? Hmm?" and I look at her face...awww, go ahead. No cover charge for her. Or they'll be pretty thick, wear tight jeans. They'll stand there with her hip stuck out to one side, prop her hand out on her hip and put on a flirty look on her face. I look down, look up, awww, go ahead. I'll end up bug eyed, O...OMG??? I've let many pass giving them drink specials, or getting in for no cover. Many of the same ones have brought their friends too. The one that used her looks on me before will use them again, either a cute face, etc. I've tried my best to just ignore them, but with looks like that? Uh uh, it's just impossible. I don't know how! Thing is, the club manager has noticed that for the last few mos., we're not bringing in as much money...which is shortly after I got hired. What can I do against college girls like this, when they use their looks on me to get freebies? I just can't do anything!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 01:55 PM

5,208 posts, read 4,669,806 times
For you, nothing but your manager should hire a replacement.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:57 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,658,112 times
Do your job. Is it really worth losing it over some bimbo batting her eyes at you? They know you're an easy mark and until you stop pandering to them you'll be on the edge of unemployment.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:01 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,039 times
Theyre using you. Plain and simple

Old 06-04-2014, 02:47 PM

836 posts, read 1,031,796 times
Yeah- usually club owners are OK with letting attractive women in the club (especially if they are with a lot of other attractive women), but only when a promoter is present with them.

However, if your boss is noticing a loss in revenue, it's time to make these women pay up. If they want to skip the line say, "No problem. Just pay for bottle service and you are in FRONT of the line. VIP" That should make them keep quiet and pay the lousy $10/$20 cover at the door

Old 06-04-2014, 05:54 PM

21,863 posts, read 25,129,659 times
Go to college. You'll then become desensitized and unless they're offering sexual favors.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:15 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,985,515 times
Why did I read this thread?

Old 06-04-2014, 06:22 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,145,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
Do your job. Is it really worth losing it over some bimbo batting her eyes at you? They know you're an easy mark and until you stop pandering to them you'll be on the edge of unemployment.
I agree.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:35 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,366,498 times
I wonder how many of them aren't even legal? It isn't like the OP is bothering to check the IDs.

The girls are probably amazed that you're this easy to get past, and they know by now which guy at the door will let them breeze on in without paying....

Old 06-04-2014, 06:51 PM

1,021 posts, read 2,303,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Go to college. You'll then become desensitized...
This.

Get a hold of yourself man. Women didn't just start becoming appealing last week. There's 7 billion people on the planet for a reason and it's not just improvements in nutrition and vaccinations. However if it helps, just realize that the women you are seeing at the club really don't look like they do without their makeup:

27 Photos That Demonstrate The Power Of Makeup. #5 Is Unreal. | SF Globe

If these photo progressions don't dissuade you, I strongly recommend taking a cold shower and "defrost your fridge" before you head to work. Should take away some of the impulses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty