Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 10:04 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,510,717 times

Advertisements

Treat them all the same and get a harder outlook. C'mon , they are girls, yes they are cute but don't be a fool, a sucker. Start today and just charge all of them the same. Don't wear your heart on your sleeve, don't be a sap as they used to call it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 11:42 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
.... or they will call you "gay" and move on to their next target.
Your misinterpreting what he meant. It's not so much that you pretend your not interested and ignore them, you legitimately just aren't attached to getting anything from them, at all. You are OPEN to something spontaneously happening, you flirt with women because it is fun and enjoyable, but your not focused on it going anywhere.

Such carefreeness is attractive to women, when it is genuine.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:05 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers10 View Post
This.

Get a hold of yourself man. Women didn't just start becoming appealing last week. There's 7 billion people on the planet for a reason and it's not just improvements in nutrition and vaccinations. However if it helps, just realize that the women you are seeing at the club really don't look like they do without their makeup:

27 Photos That Demonstrate The Power Of Makeup. #5 Is Unreal. | SF Globe

If these photo progressions don't dissuade you, I strongly recommend taking a cold shower and "defrost your fridge" before you head to work. Should take away some of the impulses.

Half of those look like the members of KISS before and after makeup.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:20 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
For you, nothing but your manager should hire a replacement.
Yes, preferably a straight chick or a gay dude if he wants to make a profit.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:21 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stazers View Post
I'm a dude that works at a club at the door, but not in security. I'm 22, and not really a rah rah, in your face kind of guy. I stamp hands for drink specials, check ID's (since security is mostly inside the club because of the crowd), and collect cover charges. It's a college club mostly, so a lot of the girls there are 18-23. And... they're cute. OMG they're cute! Urgh! They have the looks and they're just too good at using them on me, to get by with freebies. Some will have really cute faces, and raise their eyes up at me and go "Pleeease? Hmm?" and I look at her face...awww, go ahead. No cover charge for her. Or they'll be pretty thick, wear tight jeans. They'll stand there with her hip stuck out to one side, prop her hand out on her hip and put on a flirty look on her face. I look down, look up, awww, go ahead. I'll end up bug eyed, O...OMG??? I've let many pass giving them drink specials, or getting in for no cover. Many of the same ones have brought their friends too. The one that used her looks on me before will use them again, either a cute face, etc. I've tried my best to just ignore them, but with looks like that? Uh uh, it's just impossible. I don't know how! Thing is, the club manager has noticed that for the last few mos., we're not bringing in as much money...which is shortly after I got hired. What can I do against college girls like this, when they use their looks on me to get freebies? I just can't do anything!
Yeah, women are cute. If they weren't most of the guys at the bar wouldn't be there. You need to grow a pair and do your job. The next time one of them bats her makeup laden eyes point to the ceiling and tell her there is a camera watching to make sure all patrons are carded, paid and stamped. If they don't get the message they can find another bar. Chances of that are slim to none as they seeming flock to yours for reasons other than you let them in.
You can **** all you want before going to work (as has been suggested) but they still look the same. At 22, you are well recovered and the wanking will have had no effect.
You have to remember they have been doing this since they were tots to get their way from daddy, grandpa, uncle Joe and all of the neighbors. If you remember they are but little girls trying to con you things will make more sense.
What if you were a car salesman and were put in the same position? Would you let one walk off with your commission?

Are you a man or a doormat?

Old 06-05-2014, 12:21 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Theyre using you. Plain and simple
He's enjoying the attention as it's not HIS money he's losing.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:28 PM

850 posts, read 1,026,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Be a man, make them pay, and they will respect you more instead of considering you a toy.
Yeah, post a video to Youtube saying you're are a man and that "these" hot girls should respect you more and that you will make them PAY! Your manager will see you in an entirely different light. (how's that for distorting Convict's words-I'm claiming a firefighter/police gallows/morbid humor exemption)

Old 06-05-2014, 01:09 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
All that and you're still not scoring with these girls?
My older brother is Doorman at a bar(part time job) and scores more touchdowns then the 1994 San Francisco 49er's.
Hell he's even shared and brought me home a couple of Becky's
You might want to reevaluate your game plan Player!

Old 06-05-2014, 04:30 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,766,452 times
What you don't seem to realize, you are a thief stealing from your employer.

Letting any girl that bats her eyes at you in Free, is no different than when someone pays for a drink the bartender puts the money into his pocket instead of the till. Yes, letting in someone for Free, is the equivalent of serving drinks and putting the money in you pocket instead of the till. Only thing is, you are not only stealing from your employer, but you are not getting any benefit from your stealing other than knowing a good looking woman flirted with you to get in free.

You are stealing enough from your employer, that it has become apparent you are a thief, and he has let you know that you are being watched. Not only can you lose this job over this, but not able to get another job due to the word he can pass on about your stealing from him.

I think the problem is you just have not realized till now, that you are a thief.

Old 06-05-2014, 07:26 PM

7,098 posts, read 4,823,070 times
Troll
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty