U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 06:44 PM

774 posts, read 1,637,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLexi25 View Post
So like these?

I think most men regardless of their size would look fine in those type of shorts. Wear whatever makes you happy.

Yes, I'm talking like those or a little bit longer. Nobody should be wearing anything going up their butt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 06:46 PM

774 posts, read 1,637,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLexi25 View Post
Based on the pics I have seen of my dad and his friends when they were teenagers, shorts that short didn't seem that uncommon in the 70s. Wonder what happen.
My research tells me that it was a chain of events that led to the death of the short shorts for men, namely the panic caused by the Gay Rights Movement, Michael Jordan wearing longer shorts, and the Grunge, Skater, and Surfer styles of the late 80s/early 90s, and ultimately, the Hip Hop and Young Urban Movement, which defined young male culture for almost twenty years.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:50 PM

71 posts, read 48,101 times
of course no i never wear short shorts hahaha

Old 06-25-2014, 04:34 PM

3,280 posts, read 3,545,566 times
I really don't wear any shorts other than short shorts. I wear short shorts for running (some aren't THAT short), but other than that I wear pants 100% of the time as street clothes.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:47 PM

857 posts, read 724,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I dont believe anyone is saying they want to see men wearing up the butt cheeks hanging out bootie shorts. What i believe the men on here are saying (or referring to) is shorts that cover the butt and genitalia with an extra inch or so "just in case". Shorts that go down to the knees or further have well more than enough material to cover a man's genitalia and buttocks. Its complete overkill (so to speak).

I think the underlying premise of the basically shapeless and baggy motif is that you have to completely hide the fact that males have butts or genitalia. Everything's supposed to hang on you like a tent. Either that, or the fourteen mile zipper/rise is supposed to convey the idea that you are so remarkably well fixed that you need all that material so as not to inadvertently exhibit yourself in public.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:04 PM

857 posts, read 724,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemba View Post
My research tells me that it was a chain of events that led to the death of the short shorts for men, namely the panic caused by the Gay Rights Movement, Michael Jordan wearing longer shorts, and the Grunge, Skater, and Surfer styles of the late 80s/early 90s, and ultimately, the Hip Hop and Young Urban Movement, which defined young male culture for almost twenty years.
What I noticed at the time, working out frequently at a local university recreation center, was that the bagginess came first; for example, does anyone remember those Mossimo workout shorts that had the big letter "M" on the back? (Initially I thought it was a size.) They were quite a bit baggier than the workout gear we'd been wearing for ages, but still quite short. Baggy short shorts can never work. So longer styles came in rather quickly.

Old 07-08-2014, 12:08 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,526,479 times
Given derpish weather like this, I want my right to go naked .

Franklin Park, New Jersey (08823) Conditions & Forecast | Weather Underground

Old 05-11-2018, 10:35 AM

1 posts, read 159 times
You may even find some of them available from street vendors. BUT do not depend on the size label in the garment! Try them on first. If out in the open have swim trunks underneath and just drop trou! (Happens more often than you think!) Or bring a pair of men shorts where the waist is good and lay them over the item and allow at least an inch for shrinkage.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:39 AM

8,283 posts, read 5,837,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Those Who Squirm View Post
What I noticed at the time, working out frequently at a local university recreation center, was that the bagginess came first; for example, does anyone remember those Mossimo workout shorts that had the big letter "M" on the back? (Initially I thought it was a size.) They were quite a bit baggier than the workout gear we'd been wearing for ages, but still quite short. Baggy short shorts can never work. So longer styles came in rather quickly.
I thought the baggy long look came with the U of Michigan Fab Five team in 1991. Now the NBA seems to be going back to somewhat shorter shorts these days...

Old 05-11-2018, 10:55 AM

4,389 posts, read 1,493,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I dunno about short shorts, but you wish you could see me in a bro cleavage tee. The moisture on your end would be insurmountable...

No one mounts without my permission. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or