U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 08:05 PM

4,424 posts, read 5,205,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
If you want to see hot, buff, yummy guys wearing short shorts, then all you need to do is go to a gay pride parade and/or to a gay (male) neighborhood.
Which basically ruins a straight mans ability to wear them without judgment or ridicule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 08:29 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,999,801 times
5 in inseam for running shorts/swim shorts. 7in inseam for regular shorts.

Old 06-05-2014, 08:32 PM

72,671 posts, read 64,140,481 times
Those half-unbuttoned button-down shirts have always been very nice. They've never really gone out of style. "Male cleavage" t-shirts sound too femme, though.

Old 06-05-2014, 08:48 PM

15,576 posts, read 9,650,106 times
I'm in the boating business and our standard dress is shorts. For years I bought Sportif 7 pocket shorts that are pretty short, but have stopped wearing them since I got older. My theory was, if you are going to wear shorts, wear SHORTS. I hate the ones to the knee or longer.

When I was wearing the short ones every so often a woman would come up to me and ask where I got those, she wanted them for her man. I would take them to the clothing dept in the store and show them the ones I bought. In fact, I just had an old man walk up to me a few weeks ago and he said "I remember you, you sold me these shorts and you are right, they wear like iron !"

But I have gotten more modest in my old age. (and that guy on Reno 911 ruined it for everyone)

Don

Old 06-05-2014, 09:08 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,015,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
I don't care to revisit them.
That's so cool. Back when men were not afraid to be men. They were confident enough in themselves to wear shorts that short. It seems that nowadays society has taken a big step backwards. A lot of men today are afraid to wear short shorts for fear of being branded gay.

Old 06-05-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Those half-unbuttoned button-down shirts have always been very nice. They've never really gone out of style. "Male cleavage" t-shirts sound too femme, though.
Deep V-Neck is what theyre typically called.

Old 06-05-2014, 09:33 PM

You can still get the short athletic shorts, guys. You just have to know where to look.

Soffe - XT46 Running Shorts by Soffe

Old 06-05-2014, 09:48 PM

15,576 posts, read 9,650,106 times
You are right about the afraid to be branded gay thing. Like I said, that guy from Reno 911 ruined it for us all, even though I don't think his character was gay.

These are the shorts I wore. I lived in them, not only for work but for everyday wear. They are stretchy, so if you gained or lost a few pounds they still fit. Women said I had nice legs at one time, so that was another bonus. But I have gotten older and more modest, so they all got tossed out.

Don

Old 06-05-2014, 09:51 PM

17,906 posts, read 9,836,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You are right about the afraid to be branded gay thing. Like I said, that guy from Reno 911 ruined it for us all, even though I don't think his character was gay.

These are the shorts I wore. I lived in them, not only for work but for everyday wear. They are stretchy, so if you gained or lost a few pounds they still fit. Women said I had nice legs at one time, so that was another bonus. But I have gotten older and more modest, so they all got tossed out.

Don
I'd wear those.

Old 06-05-2014, 09:53 PM

623 posts, read 796,304 times
This is hilarious. If you want short shorts for some macho athletic activity that no gay guy would ever go near and so it's OK, you can certainly get them:
Men's Running Shorts

I just measured the inseam of my informal city shorts, and it's 5in, but they're fairly loose, so the apparent length is greater. They might be a little longer than Don1945's. My formal shorts are a couple of inches longer, but certainly not knee length. Generally when I'm out hiking, I wear shorter shorts (at least, with a higher crotch) that I seem to remember were sold as "fishing shorts" with lots of little pockets for all your gear, but which really let you forget where you carry it, so you end up looking idiotic going through all the pockets when you need anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or