Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you appreciate and want to see more plus size models
I'm a woman and I would like to see more plus size models 57 36.77%
I'm a woman and I would like to see fewer plus size models 7 4.52%
I'm a woman and I don't care one way or another 27 17.42%
I'm a man and I would like to see more plus size models 30 19.35%
I'm a man and I would like to see fewer plus size models 21 13.55%
I'm a man and I don't care one way or another 13 8.39%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 11:28 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times

Advertisements

One name: Emme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 03:28 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,875,687 times
I like curves but not excessively overweight women. The girl in the article photo on the right is way to big and needs to lose about 50lbs before I'm going to want to see her modeling anything. The other three are fairly attractive.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:25 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexdiamondz1902 View Post
I've yet to see a plus-sized male model. Just sayin'
Destination XL uses big and tall men In their commercials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
He said plus sized women aren't sexy, which is true to the majority of the population. Just because being overweight is the norm doesn't mean it's desirable in the west.
That's not true. That's just your opinion. It also doesn't make any sense logically. If most women are overweight then it would follow that most women aren't sexy. Yet how are they getting married and having babies? Are they all single and lonely? Are all the men that are with them doing it out of pity and aren't sexually attracted to them?

Nope.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:40 AM

877 posts, read 1,316,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post

That's not true. That's just your opinion. It also doesn't make any sense logically. If most women are overweight then it would follow that most women aren't sexy. Yet how are they getting married and having babies? Are they all single and lonely? Are all the men that are with them doing it out of pity and aren't sexually attracted to them?

Nope.
Most men are overweight? Hello, it's not just women. And one doesn't have to be sexy to get maid or apparently married.

There are physically ugly people in the world who do get married. Not everyone is beautiful, so that doesn't make any sense.

Overweight being common doesn't mean it's any more acceptable or attractive. If it was more attractive would this thread have been made? Would SI have out Chrissy Teigen and whoever else on the cover, or would they have put some sloppy average chick?

Those chicks are still considered better looking. The rest of the world has no problem putting the fork down but women & men in America lack self control and expect the standard of beauty to change for them.

I guess people online like to fight against reality, huh

Old 06-09-2014, 07:54 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:

Nope.
I had posted a video for Destination XL in my earlier post, but, I don't see it in that post, not sure if it was cut or something I did wrong when I posted it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq4E1F9wR9A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onuwnIHSRY8

Old 06-09-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Most men are overweight? Hello, it's not just women. And one doesn't have to be sexy to get maid or apparently married.

There are physically ugly people in the world who do get married. Not everyone is beautiful, so that doesn't make any sense.

Overweight being common doesn't mean it's any more acceptable or attractive. If it was more attractive would this thread have been made? Would SI have out Chrissy Teigen and whoever else on the cover, or would they have put some sloppy average chick?

Those chicks are still considered better looking. The rest of the world has no problem putting the fork down but women & men in America lack self control and expect the standard of beauty to change for them.

I guess people online like to fight against reality, huh
Two fat ugly people can find each other sexy. You and a small group of people who share your opinion don't get to determine what the rest of the world views. Nor do you have the monopoly of the use of certain terms.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Two fat ugly people can find each other sexy. You and a small group of people who share your opinion don't get to determine what the rest of the world views. Nor do you have the monopoly of the use of certain terms.
Of course they can find each other sexy. But the reality is most people do not perceive overweight people as attractive.

Aside from those with fetishes, most men do not actively seek overweight women. Some might settle (big guys aren't settling though, they're no better), but few actively seek.

That's like saying pretty faces aren't preferred over ugly faces.
You can deny that, but it doesn't change reality.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:19 PM

706 posts, read 1,179,991 times
Actually there are some men out there who prefer big women. It's silly to think that with the billions of men in the world, none of the, would prefer and seek out big women. Is it the norm? Probably not....but chubby chasers do exist.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Of course they can find each other sexy. But the reality is most people do not perceive overweight people as attractiv.
But most people are overweight according to the fashion and modeling world. So in reality, most people DO perceive overweight people as attractive.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
Actually there are some men out there who prefer big women. It's silly to think that with the billions of men in the world, none of the, would prefer and seek out big women. Is it the norm? Probably not....but chubby chasers do exist.
That was my point. I even acknowledged that they do exist. But like you said, it's not the norm and they're not in the majority.
Heck, in some cultures a bigger woman means wealth because it means the man can provide $ to feed his family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty