U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 12-14-2007, 02:53 PM
miu

12,594 posts, read 19,891,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
I hate shirts! I hate all clothing!
Next stop... a nudist colony for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 12-14-2007, 02:57 PM

3,100 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
i just voted "NO" of course. fiddlekitten, thanks for your poll and new thread!
it is such an important issue isnt it? (well, maybe not AS important as "are socks necessary?" but very close.)

Unread 12-14-2007, 02:59 PM

3,100 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Gee ... hard to stick a panty liner to a sock!
there is a book "101 uses for a tampon" (or something like that). it is a good read!

Unread 12-14-2007, 05:19 PM

285 posts, read 719,799 times
Lol at this thread. It actually reminds me a guy I dated in high school. He had a major- and I mean MAJOR- aversion to feet. So much so that he threatened to dump me if I ever showed up at his house in Birkenstocks. There was a big billboard by our school that had a drawing (yes, a drawing- not even a photograph!) of a foot, and he had to cover his eyes every time we went past it. He would literally flinch and get quiet every time we drove by that sign.

My best friend and I always used to speculate about what kind of horror he'd experienced with feet that made him so nutty.

Hmm. Wonder what ever happened to him?

Unread 12-14-2007, 05:21 PM

3,100 posts
maybe he's 6 feet under? hee hee (not that death is funny though)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo Riley View Post
Lol at this thread. It actually reminds me a guy I dated in high school. He had a major- and I mean MAJOR- aversion to feet. So much so that he threatened to dump me if I ever showed up at his house in Birkenstocks. There was a big billboard by our school that had a drawing (yes, a drawing- not even a photograph!) of a foot, and he had to cover his eyes every time we went past it. He would literally flinch and get quiet every time we drove by that sign.

My best friend and I always used to speculate about what kind of horror he'd experienced with feet that made him so nutty.

Hmm. Wonder what ever happened to him?

Unread 12-14-2007, 05:21 PM

8,002 posts, read 12,361,838 times
Socks are absolutely necessary when you are wearing black or brown open toed sandals!! And they must be white socks!

Unread 12-14-2007, 05:25 PM

285 posts, read 719,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
Socks are absolutely necessary when you are wearing black or brown open toed sandals!! And they must be white socks!
I know! He pretty much rendered my beloved Birkenstocks obsolete for the year or so that we were together. That was a happy day when I could slide them back on!

Unread 12-14-2007, 05:28 PM

15,013 posts, read 22,954,240 times
My husband has been known to wear these icky almost knee high white socks with his sandals. That's when I have to get on his @zz and tell him we don't go out of the house wearing that $h!t.

Unread 12-14-2007, 06:18 PM

1,729 posts
If you are a man and you are wearing shorts and white shoes, you absolutely must wear some black socks that go almost up to the knee. Doesn't everyone know this already? The only reason to wear socks is to look good watering your plants ... with your hose. Look for a good rayon content.

If you're a lady, they can cover thick ankles or unshaven legs. They can mask foul odors.

Socks can also cover saggy toes. They hide a multitude of sins. You don't even need to wash them, just keep wearing them day after day forever.

Unread 12-14-2007, 06:36 PM

395 posts, read 1,314,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo Riley View Post
Lol at this thread. It actually reminds me a guy I dated in high school. He had a major- and I mean MAJOR- aversion to feet.
I don't like other people's feet! If they aren't "normal", they totally freak me out. But I know why. My step-mother, who was your basic evil step-mother, has size 7 feet as narrow as a stick, and toes longer than the average finger. Those feet just horrified me.

Then when I was 18/19, my fiance (now my husband, we've been married 20 years) and myself did some landscaping work for someone as a favor. She showed us her deformed feet, and told us how she was facing surgery. She literally hobbled, she could not walk. She had long, crooked toes that wrapped around one another. She literally couldn't put her feet down straight, her toes were tangled. That was it for me. I have size 6 feet with typical toes that just go, well, wherever toes are supposed to go, lol...just all in a row. Anything else, like long toes, toes out of order, or toes that are tangled, just sends me right back to those earlier visions..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty