Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 02:55 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,529,894 times

Advertisements

I pretty much only wear socks when I go workout and when it's cold out (I'm wearing sneakers or boots). Other than those reasons, I normally don't wear socks (all summer long I don't, unless I'm working out).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 04:27 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,027,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
I pretty much only wear socks when I go workout and when it's cold out (I'm wearing sneakers or boots). Other than those reasons, I normally don't wear socks (all summer long I don't, unless I'm working out).
I agree. When I work out, I pretty much only wear socks and shoes. A lot of the women at the gym seem to complain about the fact that I'm nude when I work out ... except for the socks and shoes! Oh well, they'll get over it!

Old 01-02-2008, 04:44 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,987,037 times
Default tonight they are!

Freeze warning tonight, down to 18 degrees, I already have 2 pairs of wool socks on, and am whining! Cant believe i grew up in Mo, and cold didnt bother me!
Normally dont even wear proper shoes anymore, unless I am meeting with a client, or shopping for one.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:55 PM

498 posts, read 1,519,598 times
Thumbs up Unite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Freeze warning tonight, down to 18 degrees, I already have 2 pairs of wool socks on, and am whining! Cant believe i grew up in Mo, and cold didnt bother me!
Normally dont even wear proper shoes anymore, unless I am meeting with a client, or shopping for one.
Hey kshe95girl. You are having it good compared to us here in Central Illinois. We are sitting at 0 degrees. We just had a snow storm for 2 days on top of that. We have about a foot of snow altogether on the ground now. Everything is frozen solid.

So, did you get your Christmas stockings put away for another year? Did you get any socks for Christmas??

I also have army wool socks. I only wear them if the power goes out or if I decide to try to travel to town or something like that. In a vehicle of course, but you never know what can happen. A person might have to pull over and help someone else or the vehicle breaks down, etc.....I just like to try and be prepared to survive. It don't take long for a human to freeze. I try not to go anywhere if I don't have to. The snow is beautiful. I just can't take the temperature that comes with it.

I spent about 20 of my years in different parts of Texas as well. I have a born Texan child. I loved Texas. Never been to Florida, but lately I have been being warned that , that is not the place to go right now. It is in a very violent state. I don't follow Florida news though so I have no idea what is going on down there right now, besides the people who are there now and telling me that it is in bad shape right now.

Ok, well try to stay warm>

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE

Old 01-02-2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITE View Post
Hey kshe95girl. You are having it good compared to us here in Central Illinois. We are sitting at 0 degrees. We just had a snow storm for 2 days on top of that. We have about a foot of snow altogether on the ground now. Everything is frozen solid.

So, did you get your Christmas stockings put away for another year? Did you get any socks for Christmas??

I also have army wool socks. I only wear them if the power goes out or if I decide to try to travel to town or something like that. In a vehicle of course, but you never know what can happen. A person might have to pull over and help someone else or the vehicle breaks down, etc.....I just like to try and be prepared to survive. It don't take long for a human to freeze. I try not to go anywhere if I don't have to. The snow is beautiful. I just can't take the temperature that comes with it.

I spent about 20 of my years in different parts of Texas as well. I have a born Texan child. I loved Texas. Never been to Florida, but lately I have been being warned that , that is not the place to go right now. It is in a very violent state. I don't follow Florida news though so I have no idea what is going on down there right now, besides the people who are there now and telling me that it is in bad shape right now.

Ok, well try to stay warm>

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE
Power went down for 2 hours and just came back on, so I have the Christmas stockings on as well now!
Fl is sooooo not a good place to be, housing bubble just keeps blowing, and of course more crime as folks lose their jobs.
Keep warm yourself!

Old 01-02-2008, 11:04 PM

I'm glad you have your power back. That is scary to me.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITE View Post
I'm glad you have your power back. That is scary to me.
thanks, it was to me too, I am waaaay out in the woods with just my daughter, hubby is working 2nd shift

Old 01-02-2008, 11:15 PM

Smile Unite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Power went down for 2 hours and just came back on, so I have the Christmas stockings on as well now!
Fl is sooooo not a good place to be, housing bubble just keeps blowing, and of course more crime as folks lose their jobs.
Keep warm yourself!

We have been very lucky here as far as the power goes this year, for all the snow and ice strorms that we have already had. I'm thinkin they all got fixed last year so good that hopefully they are strong enough to withstand more this year. I hopin anyway.

Last year,when it was out for 4 hours, my mama platy fish had just had babies the day before. I kept them warm by wrapping two thick blankets around and over the tank and lit an oil lamp below them. Worked out just fine. So after 3 1/2 days I called the power company and asked them when they thought our power might be restored because my baby fish were going to die. I'll admit it> I was crying by this time. They said give them a couple more hours and it should be on. I said thank you and hung up. The power came back on 1 1/2 hours later. They actually called me back and asked me how my baby fish were doing?!? I was floored~ I though it the most kindest thing I had ever hear the power company to do.

Don't think I didn't have a 3 pair of socks on. We did have a small generator that we had to utilize wisely.

Well, I feel for ya down there. Stay warm, it will pass.

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE

Old 01-02-2008, 11:25 PM

Hubby just came home with supersized hot chocolate for me, so all is well!
Unite, I think if the power company ever called me I would faint from astonishment, but glad yours are nice, and glad your fish made it. I am in bed writing this with 3 cats snugged up as close as they can get, and electric blanket on.
Hope everyone reading this thread stays warm and toasty!

Old 01-03-2008, 06:49 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,113,560 times
Nice to hear about the weather, now back to socks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty