U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2014, 03:40 PM

4,579 posts, read 6,141,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Because the guy SHOULD notice the girls interests, goals, personality. Not her boob size, shape of her butt or how short her skirt is.
Forget what guys should notice and just go by what guys do notice. It's funny how men can say something and women will tell him what he should have said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 03:46 PM

2,601 posts, read 2,985,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Because the guy SHOULD notice the girls interests, goals, personality. Not her boob size, shape of her butt or how short her skirt is.
The first thing anything notices about anyone is their physical appearance NOT their goals and interests.

Old 06-11-2014, 04:20 PM

26,875 posts, read 28,145,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
The first thing anything notices about anyone is their physical appearance NOT their goals and interests.
I am secretly pleased and excited when I got a positive (and appropriate) comment when I am wearing a super classy outfit!

It gives me faith in humanity and the state of gentlemanly behavior.

Old 06-11-2014, 04:28 PM

2,601 posts, read 2,985,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I am secretly pleased and excited when I got a positive (and appropriate) comment when I am wearing a super classy outfit!

I'm not sure I ever dress "super classy," but I don't dress skimpily. I get a lot of positive comments, though, and am usually referred to as "classy" regarding my attitude and behavior. Not sure I'd attempt skimpy clothing at my age. I'd probably feel totally naked, lol!

Old 06-11-2014, 04:45 PM

28,185 posts, read 43,461,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
dressing to be attractive but not looking like a hooker is not easy
no greater example than the women of saudi arabia who are supposed to attract men-- quality men-- the best of saudi arabia-- while wearing a opaque black veil-- head to toe.
how do they do it?
in a nut shell
catching fish without bait.
or maybe catching fish without a hook or bait
Two words: Arranged marriage. Not everyone in that culture has an arranged marriage, but generally the ones wearing full burkas/veils/etc do. Read The Bookseller of Kabul, if you want some insight on the subject - interesting book!

As for the OP, I dress fairly modestly, but due to how I'm built (extremely busty) the attention is there regardless. But since I'm an honest woman and not all "feminazi-ish," I will be one of the few to admit I like it... I don't SEEK the attention, or I'd wear low-cut tops every day, but of course it's flattering even when they're crude about it. Now, attempting to touch or harass me without permission is NOT okay, which should really go without saying.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure I ever dress "super classy," but I don't dress skimpily. I get a lot of positive comments, though, and am usually referred to as "classy" regarding my attitude and behavior. Not sure I'd attempt skimpy clothing at my age. I'd probably feel totally naked, lol!
I don't even know what I would define as a super classy outfit.

But maybe one where I put a bit more time thinking about than usual, that contains "classy" pieces. Or something that is more modest and conservative.

Not that I dress in skimpy or attention getting clothing in general. But on the days when I am wearing conservative church-appropriate or 100% mom-approved outfits it is nice. *

*My mom is pretty conservative, and approves of most stuff I wear. But sometimes she comments when I am showing a bit of cleavage. But her and I are polar opposites in the cleavage department, it doesn't take much for me to have cleavage and she needs to create it.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
As for the OP, I dress fairly modestly, but due to how I'm built (extremely busty) the attention is there regardless. But since I'm an honest woman and not all "feminazi-ish," I will be one of the few to admit I like it... I don't SEEK the attention, or I'd wear low-cut tops every day, but of course it's flattering even when they're crude about it. Now, attempting to touch or harass me without permission is NOT okay, which should really go without saying.
I am also busty. Don't find the lewd/crude comments remotely flattering. Now a "good morning beautiful?" That's flattering! Gestures simulating sexual acts? Not so much.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:16 PM

1,306 posts, read 1,344,724 times
Quote:
That's actually not true. A lot of men like to see it and might even have sex with a woman who dresses like that but don't want a serious relationship with a woman who is going to show it to everyone else. Some men are okay with that, some aren't. Everyone's different. For instance, most conservative men DO look, like it or not. I've seen very conservative/religious men leering at scantily clad women because those women may be very sexually appealing to them. They probably wouldn't take those women home to mama, though.
Looking at a woman and then pursuing her for a relationship are two completely different things. The men who pursue women who show a flash aren't going to necessarily pursue women who do NOT show skin because they know they aren't going to get what they want out of them.

Of course religious/conservative whatever men are going to look at scantily clad women. When you're dressed like fresh meat, how can you not look? heck, even *I* look as a woman because I'm shocked people can be so comfortable to show it all out! There's no sense in placing blame on men for looking or staring when a woman is willing to reveal.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:17 PM

Quote:
I am also busty. Don't find the lewd/crude comments remotely flattering. Now a "good morning beautiful?" That's flattering! Gestures simulating sexual acts? Not so much.
This distinction is what I am talking about. Calling a woman beautiful is way different than saying "hey I'd tap that" or driving by in your BMW and yelling if she is wearing a thong. However with the way some people react you'd think they were one in the same.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:

I too, like to look polished and wear flattering and feminine clothes (what I consider "classy") and yes, it's nice to know there are men who appreciate that. Even though I'm married, it gives me hope for my younger relatives who want to meet men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty