U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2014, 11:32 PM

8,195 posts, read 10,239,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
Not just shape but in general I think men prefer a girl with a pretty face over a sexy body. They might stare at you if you're showing some skin, but they won't ask you out if they don't think you have a pretty face.
proof?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 01:41 AM

2,601 posts, read 2,990,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
proof?
The men who repped me saying they agree, the men who make comments like they'd sleep with a woman but put a bag over her head, etc. You really don't think a man wants a woman whom he considers pretty to look at? That "pretty" is different for every man, but I think it's pretty safe to say a man wants to be attracted to his partner's face. I know as a woman I consider attraction to the face more important than attraction to the physique because his eyes and smile and expressions tell me so much more than the size of his pecs.

Not really sure what other proof you're looking for, but you're welcome to prove otherwise.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:41 AM

17,192 posts, read 22,235,106 times
Quote:
Not just shape but in general I think men prefer a girl with a pretty face over a sexy body. They might stare at you if you're showing some skin, but they won't ask you out if they don't think you have a pretty face.
a pretty face, don't mean a pretty heart, I've learned that right from the start

seriously
the face reflects your attitude during the day, while your body reflects your emotions and demons

(most people that are obese, have some bats in the attic)

Old 06-19-2014, 11:14 PM

Quote:
The men who repped me saying they agree, the men who make comments like they'd sleep with a woman but put a bag over her head, etc. You really don't think a man wants a woman whom he considers pretty to look at? That "pretty" is different for every man, but I think it's pretty safe to say a man wants to be attracted to his partner's face. I know as a woman I consider attraction to the face more important than attraction to the physique because his eyes and smile and expressions tell me so much more than the size of his pecs.

Not really sure what other proof you're looking for, but you're welcome to prove otherwise.
So let's say I do not have a pretty face,then what I am supposed to do to attract men?

There is only one choice....dress with lots of skin showing.

So really,if a woman can get men because she has a pretty face,fine.
But women who do not have pretty faces have to attract a man somehow. The only way to do that is to dress slutty.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:34 AM

17,192 posts, read 22,235,106 times
Quote:
So let's say I do not have a pretty face,then what I am supposed to do to attract men?

But women who do not have pretty faces have to attract a man somehow. The only way to do that is to dress slutty.

Old 06-20-2014, 01:18 AM

1,306 posts, read 1,348,222 times
Quote:

Then don't complain if you get treated like a ****. Same old cognitive dissonance I see from women about this all the time.

I also have to say, if the men where you live need to see women dress that way, then it says a lot about them. That or time to surround yourself with a higher caliper of men.

Old 06-20-2014, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
Then don't complain if you get treated like a ****. Same old cognitive dissonance I see from women about this all the time.
Not sure what you are trying to say.

I dress that way TO get male attention intentionally.
I do not complain about it.

otherwise,for women like me with the nice body/ugly face combo how else will we attract men?

Old 06-20-2014, 02:46 AM

1,306 posts, read 1,348,222 times
Quote:
Not sure what you are trying to say.

I dress that way TO get male attention intentionally.
I do not complain about it.

otherwise,for women like me with the nice body/ugly face combo how else will we attract men?
I sincerely doubt you are as ugly as you believe but...if you are going to give out the vibe to men you need to dress that way for their attention, they will respond like that. Over and over. It's a learned behavior. A lot of women dress similarly and then get upset when they're treated poorly and I am sitting thinking

Are you satisfied with the men you're meeting? Don't you think you can do better? Plenty of women dress nicely and with more modesty and attract a man. It's not impossible, unless you believe it to be. A lot of it is body language...a woman can give off an alluring body language wearing an outfit some consider "matronly."

Old 06-20-2014, 06:30 AM

11,882 posts, read 10,558,304 times
Two days ago, I saw half a dozen well built women around 20 years old dressed up in bras and short shorts in my neighborhood. I was successful in taking my attention off them but dressing up in such a way prompts attention because its very revealing and out of place here. If they were wearing more sensible clothes, I would have just given a quick glance and moved on.

Dressing out of place always draws attention, and it may be due to a variety of reasons other than a 1 night stand. The men with nice attitudes are not forever attracted to you primarily because of half naked outfits which reveal tummies and thighs. They expect women with a good education, sincerity, and the ability to trust in place before all else.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 06-20-2014 at 06:42 AM..

Old 06-20-2014, 10:01 AM

262 posts, read 401,220 times
what about us gals that get cat called for having pretty faces and or styled hair? Do we go makeup free and cover our heads with beanies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty