U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 03:27 PM

7,497 posts, read 9,277,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I'm a man and I have never read so much BS in my life.....You know damn well that you dress to get attention but if it's not from the right guy then you don't like it...What other reason is there for you to walk around with your boobs and butt checks hanging out.... Some Women seem to change the way they dress after the have found Their Man......but not all do....

Just own up to it that you dress to attract a man, there's nothing wrong with it.....and knock off all of the BS!

You like the attention or you wouldn't dress the way you do....

Even married women like to know that men find them attractive... If you didn't care you wouldn't spend so much on makeup and getting your hair done so much..
Actually some women do dress up for themselves. Shocking I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 03:39 PM

1,306 posts, read 1,345,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Actually some women do dress up for themselves. Shocking I know.
ROFL who woulda thunk!?!

Quote:
I'm a man and I have never read so much BS in my life.....You know damn well that you dress to get attention but if it's not from the right guy then you don't like it...What other reason is there for you to walk around with your boobs and butt checks hanging out.... Some Women seem to change the way they dress after the have found Their Man......but not all do....

Just own up to it that you dress to attract a man, there's nothing wrong with it.....and knock off all of the BS!

Even married women like to know that men find them attractive... If you didn't care you wouldn't spend so much on makeup and getting your hair done so much..
Wow, ornery much? If you had read my OP you would have seen I mentioned how it's not a bad thing to receive some attention, especially if it's positive. Getting looked at because you look nice is different than getting looked at because your butt is nearly hanging out. Just saying.

Of course I dress to attract a man. He's called my husband. My husband has also told me he's well aware that other men are going to look at me and it's not something either one of us can control. But I dress modestly anyway, so it's not for the sake of advertising goods. If you had read the OP, you'd see that I disagreed with having one's goodies hanging out. I guess you got a little carried away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I dress for attention (male and female) and feel disappointed if I don't get it! Having said that, I do NOT dress skanky or like a hooker. I like feminine sundresses or clothing that emphasizes my assets without going overboard. I don't think women mind getting attention per se, they just don't like lewd leering or comments, etc. But a look, smile or nice compliment is always appreciated, at least by me!
My point exactly. There is a difference between a compliment and having a man walk by with his tongue hanging out. There's nothing wrong with dressing in flattering clothes.

Old 06-08-2014, 04:51 PM

315 posts, read 278,231 times
well as a woman, my perspective is ...if a woman is showing too much skin its offensive to me.
Its like if one invited someone (man)for dinner and they wore tight boxers that showed the shape of everything everything?
wouldn't people complain if a man were dressed like that in public...where children could see?
similarly when women dress like that in public its offensive. I wouldn't want my kids seeing adult women in revealing clothes
and what about other's family values and marriages and harmony
if a woman is dressed provocatively, it makes wives jealous and causes problems for the couple.
i am quite an attractive woman...but i find it offensive when other women dress provocatively or act flirtatiously...
these women are hanging it all out there for all men and women to see
of course they may scoff at the insecurities of the wives or get a kick out if it...but is it really the way to feel good about oneself?
thats shows low standards and esteem...
and looks don't last forever...maybe its more important to ficus on values and qualities
and what role models are being placed for girls growing up?
that sexy is beautiful is lovable?
so be easy and be loved?
or don't have standards and dress like an easy woman to get ''love'' and ''respect"'?
i don't like at all when women dress inappropriately in public. it tells me that they don't care about others or the fabric of the society.
they are just about getting an ego boost for themselves...its selfish... or because its ''comfortable''
seriously, one may be very comfortable in a big loose nightgown...how many women walk around in their night pyjamas or big baggy or loose fitting nighties because it ''comfortable'' and also one may be most comfortable wearing very little inside the house...so should one be close to nude in public because its comfortable for them?
what about others?
such women are Selfish, hypocritical and focus on getting some superficial attention in place of real love
and if one is married...i don't get why they must still want attention from other men...again...teh focus is on some ego boost rather then Respecting and honouring the marriage they have and being grateful and respecting th attention from their partners.
How many men's attention is needed to make one fill enough?

Old 06-08-2014, 04:55 PM

2,795 posts, read 3,153,236 times
People are responsible for their own actions and lack of control! They need to learn to control their wondering eyes and lust, stop making others do that for them, nor can you control another , if a hubby has a wondering eyes , well that's his problem, if your the jealous type you need to deal . I dress modest because I feel more comfy that way ... Period!Plus I know my man and no worries , reason I never get upset or jealous and likewise, my hubby knows me...

Old 06-08-2014, 04:58 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,816,014 times
Quote:

This is so funny, not everyone dresses to please others and I have certainly never dressed in a revealing way or to attract attention from some random man.
I never cared and my life did not and still does not revolve around men or relationships.
I am not a woman who "has" to have a boyfriend all the time, never was, never will be.
I have always dressed modestly and I have always turned down more dates than I cared to deal with.

So you may be tired of reading what you consider BS but you know what, those of us who are not like you think get tired of reading the BS that men toss out there as well.
Get to know women, all women in the real world then you may actually understand how different each and every woman on the planet is.
Much the same as each and every man on the planet is different as well.

PS ~~ Some "married women" only care if they are attractive to their husbands because the opinion of the rest of the world does not matter one iota.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:07 PM

3,150 posts, read 2,132,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Yep some men are pigs.
and some women are of [poor character too-so? We get it, you hate men, fair enough.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:13 PM

2,795 posts, read 3,153,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
PS ~~ Some "married women" only care if they are attractive to their husbands because the opinion of the rest of the world does not matter one iota.

BINGO!....

Old 06-08-2014, 05:14 PM

3,150 posts, read 2,132,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
I sometimes dress in fairly revealing clothing, nothing too outlandish. But when I do, it's a day where I am deliberately trying to get looks. It may be a day that I need a little ego boost, or it might be a day I'm feeling flirtatious. I have zero shame in admitting I do it occasionally. But then again, I've never been the type of woman who has ever been offended by the basic laws of attraction or by male attention. Interestingly enough, though I draw looks and smiles...even a few come ons, I've never been talked to or cat called in a manner that is in anyway disrespectful, even when I'm not with my intimidating looking hubby.

i like your (and gypsychic's) attitudes!! Nothing wrong with women doing what you do. It's a shame there are men out there that act inappropriately, but in my real life experience, those men, thankfully,are in the minority. It's refreshing that you two can admit what so many others cannot. There's nothing wrong with your beliefs at all, I respect that. I love and appreciate women, but sadly, this board seems to be haven for women who resent men. WE AREN;T ALL BAD. I'm glad you two appreciate RESPECTFUL feedback, and don't demonize all men for the actions of a few jerks

Old 06-08-2014, 05:25 PM

5,627 posts, read 4,637,631 times
I dress modestly. My daughters do as well.
No sleeveless tops
No pants
Skirts/dresses only and nothing higher than the knees sitting.
Nothing 4 fingers lower than your collar bone to avoid showing breast area
Nothing form fitting- shirt,skirt or otherwise.
Tights are allowed in winter under skirt
Bathsuits are fine within reason (no bikinis)
No ear piercing until 16+
No make up
Hair long (never cut, dyed or permed)
No nail polish

So I guess if you passed me in the street, you might even look straight by me because I dont stand out. Im not screaming for attention of any man but my husband. Any attention I get I would hope is based on my personality, not how I appear to look. If youre going to like me, make it because i said something funny not because i wore the cutest top at the mall.
We instill these values in our daughters (and our son for his future wife) because a woman is meant to save her body for her husband and dressing in a immodest way sends the wrong signals to a man (not that shes out for sex, but that shes not thinking of her self/spouse).

These are MY beliefs.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:47 PM

8,649 posts, read 14,872,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Yep some men are pigs.
Yeah...You're right and some women like to feed the pigs by showing the meat!!.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty