Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 08:19 AM

3,167 posts, read 3,999,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
dressing to be attractive but not looking like a hooker is not easy
no greater example than the women of saudi arabia who are supposed to attract men-- quality men-- the best of saudi arabia-- while wearing a opaque black veil-- head to toe.
how do they do it?
in a nut shell
catching fish without bait.
or maybe catching fish without a hook or bait
They don't attract men on the street. They are mostly introduced by their parents and family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 08:20 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,874,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
Of course I dress to attract a man. He's called my husband. My husband has also told me he's well aware that other men are going to look at me and it's not something either one of us can control.
Not surprisingly, I'm sure men like their wives to be looked at by other men. "Look what I've got." Ask your hubby how much he wants that to stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Might be true in Newark, Trenton, Camden, St. Louis, Detroit, NO, parts of Los Angles, parts of Oakland, and other bad places. But lewd behavior isn't all that common in most reasonably safe areas. Once again, why would anybody (man or woman) want to go nearby an area filled with GFN guys who cause trouble. Most guys out there are nice people, its only a few who lose control and act in an indecent manner.
I think guys are more apt to openly remark if around other guys with similar bad manners. Women think the same when they see a hot guy, except they're all only thinking it, not saying it. Unless one is brave enough to break the ice and then they all have a good laugh.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:27 AM

706 posts, read 1,179,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Yes, they do generally dress fairly conservatively, but they defnitely can and do wear make-up, nail polish, have their hair cut, styled and colored any way they wish. They also can wear pants, including capris and shorts that come to the knee. Form-fitting clothes are also fine, just as long as they are not exaggeratedly so.
Thanks for the info!

Old 06-09-2014, 08:32 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,100,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
This!!

At this point in my life I've had my kids, gotten rid of all the baby weight and I'm fit, strong/muscular and at nearly 40, I look/feel sexier than I ever have in my life. I plan on always being fit and able to wear whatever I want, but who knows how long that will last. I'm enjoying it for however long it lasts. I put in the work daily, eat healthy when I really want to pig put on pizza and donuts, etc....so if every now and then I feel like flaunting my hard work by putting on a form fitting dress or showing more leg than normal, I'm going to do it. Life is entirely too short to allow other people's opinions determine how you dress. Those who feel insecure because their husbands are looking too hard will either need to step their own sexy game up or just build a bridge and get over it.
Sisters!!! ^^^

Old 06-09-2014, 09:40 AM

417 posts, read 432,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
This!!

At this point in my life I've had my kids, gotten rid of all the baby weight and I'm fit, strong/muscular and at nearly 40, I look/feel sexier than I ever have in my life. I plan on always being fit and able to wear whatever I want, but who knows how long that will last. I'm enjoying it for however long it lasts. I put in the work daily, eat healthy when I really want to pig put on pizza and donuts, etc....so if every now and then I feel like flaunting my hard work by putting on a form fitting dress or showing more leg than normal, I'm going to do it. Life is entirely too short to allow other people's opinions determine how you dress. Those who feel insecure because their husbands are looking too hard will either need to step their own sexy game up or just build a bridge and get over it.

The italicized show the selfish attitude I'm describing...and no...its not like the husband looks.
And the insecurity is not because one does not feel attractive enough.
Its that there are values...insecurity can be because some values are being disrespected.

So now others also have to am up the sexy act?
so sexy is equivalnet to worthy?
and thus sex object is what women want to be?

and so if women start going around like strippers or give lap dances, other women won't feel insecure because a boundary is being breached?
instead THEY must also start doing the same?
Probably why women are getting more and more into dressing provocatively and convincing themselves and others that their sexual appeal or potential is the ONLY main value for them...
and thus deeming sex objectification for women.

who wins? is this really women's liberation? the freedom to go around semi nude and provocative in public with no regards to one's own sense of dignity...desperate to feel good about oneself by showing off some goods
aka...bargaining skin show to feel lovable and worthy?

probably why younger and younger women are dressing provocatively and trying to be sexy and having sex outside a marriage or committed relationship.
Who wins?
men get to see a free show and get a woman to cross boundaries without having to invest much.

and women are even more relegated to being sex objects.

So now women would be doing pole dancing naked in public?
would that be enough to feel ''lovable and worthy''??
and does that make a woman ''liberated'' or more caught up in seeing their self worth involved with a man's lustful attention...which is mostly what a woman who dressed like that gets usually

isnt a woman more than her body?
why not stand for some values?
why not wear a sticker to fight for cancer or fighting hunger?
why really need other's attention and disrupts other people's peace and harmony because one things one got it one will show it and walk semi- naked and not care about public decorum or the effect on children?

Old 06-09-2014, 09:43 AM

417 posts, read 432,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
A lot of women will stare too and usually it's because we think it just looks awful but the fact is, when women dress a little too revealing, pretty much everyone stares. Really, it doesn't mean the person dressed that way looks good.
I agree...and I think people would stare if a man walked around wearing only a very tight set of underpants too which shows the shape of everything...there is a shock effect.
Does not mean it looks good. Just means its out of sorts.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:09 AM

1,311 posts, read 1,692,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
Not surprisingly, I'm sure men like their wives to be looked at by other men. "Look what I've got." Ask your hubby how much he wants that to stop.

LOL, nice try but no cigar! I am a modest dresser, so there isn't any advertising here. Sorry to disappoint

I find it interesting people get perturbed when asked about women who don't dress revealing, yet receive male attention--- but then they are still perturbed when women do dress revealing. Make up your minds, people! If women didn't dress revealing, then the men would complain about all the "Duggar-style" women and how they can't see any skin. Go figure.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:10 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,727,606 times
I don't dress revealing and dress in more of a vintage style (50s), men don't seem to like it but oh well. I'm not comfortable bearing large breasts for all to see. I don't care if some other women dress trashy, that's their business, men like when everything is hanging out and I guess they're happy to oblige.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:21 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,096,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
I always dress modest when out in public . I'm also married and wear a ring, some men don't respect that as well..
If a man doesn't respect the ring, hit him with something. Literally. If I see that **** happening I'll call another man out for his poor behavior.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:21 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,897,491 times
I agree with Jade's posts on the thread.

I used to spend a lot of time walking and would get cat-called no matter how I was dressed...which most of the time was on the conservative side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty