Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2014, 05:30 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
This distinction is what I am talking about. Calling a woman beautiful is way different than saying "hey I'd tap that" or driving by in your BMW and yelling if she is wearing a thong. However with the way some people react you'd think they were one in the same.
Exactly! If catcall means "you have a great smile," "hello gorgeous," and "good morning?" I am all for it. Catcall away!

"I'd tap that." "Hey ma." "You over there with the butt." "Psst (with an arm grab)." "Daaa-yummmm!" Um, keep that to yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 05:42 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,683,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Exactly! If catcall means "you have a great smile," "hello gorgeous," and "good morning?" I am all for it. Catcall away!

"I'd tap that." "Hey ma." "You over there with the butt." "Psst (with an arm grab)." "Daaa-yummmm!" Um, keep that to yourself.
I am so glad the men around here that I've encountered don't seem to act that way. They've always been very respectful and nice to me. Of course, it could be because I'm older, lol.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:47 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I am so glad the men around here that I've encountered don't seem to act that way. They've always been very respectful and nice to me. Of course, it could be because I'm older, lol.
I did encounter a new one not long ago. Someone asked (after checking me out) "are you over 18?" I wasn't sure what the right answer was. (He looked well over 18! Was probably close to my age.)

On the flip side, I started biking around town for errands and socializing not long ago. (My bike is also really cute -- seriously!)

The catcalls are so much more clever (and pleasant) than the walking ones. Usually stuff like "can I go for a ride with you?" "Do you have space for me on your bike." "Wanna race?"

Old 06-11-2014, 06:12 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I am also busty. Don't find the lewd/crude comments remotely flattering. Now a "good morning beautiful?" That's flattering! Gestures simulating sexual acts? Not so much.
Oh geez, I wasn't talking about THAT crude!

What I meant by crude was more like a "dammm" or the "nice sweater" kind of stuff... simulating sex acts would be pretty bad, although I guess it would still technically be flattering. Then again, I have never claimed to be particularly mature or demure. In fact, I often say that I'm a 37 year-old woman with the mind of a 14 year-old boy. LOL

Old 06-11-2014, 06:58 PM

4 posts, read 5,787 times
What does dressing skanky look like? Crop tops and high waisted shorts seem very in right now. So if you saw someone wearing that is that considered skanky?

Old 06-11-2014, 07:48 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,692,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisybeee View Post
What does dressing skanky look like? Crop tops and high waisted shorts seem very in right now. So if you saw someone wearing that is that considered skanky?
I'd say going out in your bra as a "top" counts as one:

Very skin baring and mismatched outfits:

In contrast, just because crop tops and miniskirts exist doesn't automatically make them trashy. There are sensible ways to wear clothes:

Obviously, a woman has to have the right body to wear certain outfits. But it is possible to wear a variety of clothes that looks tasteful, feminine and alluring. These are just a few examples of how to pair them together, and no not everyone is going to like the pattern and color combinations but you get what I am illustrating.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:06 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,198,926 times
Quote:

In contrast, just because crop tops and miniskirts exist doesn't automatically make them trashy. There are sensible ways to wear clothes:

Obviously, a woman has to have the right body to wear certain outfits. But it is possible to wear a variety of clothes that looks tasteful, feminine and alluring. These are just a few examples of how to pair them together, and no not everyone is going to like the pattern and color combinations but you get what I am illustrating.
This taste of clothing grabs my attention for some reason. Casual and chic, but at the same time it looks decent.

http://images.asos-media.com/inv/med.../image1xxl.jpg

Unlike guys who stare at them, I say "good morning, how are you" and blush on seeing such women . Hope that reaction isn't offensive. I am a emotionally sensitive person on the whole .

Old 06-11-2014, 10:22 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Because the guy SHOULD notice the girls interests, goals, personality. Not her boob size, shape of her butt or how short her skirt is.
If that was the case internet dating would be solid,but it is not.
Why?
Men go by looks before learning about her interests.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:23 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Quote:

In my neck of the woods none of the women dressed modestly would receive ANY attention at all.
Well,women might complement them,but not men.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:39 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,692,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
In my neck of the woods none of the women dressed modestly would receive ANY attention at all.
Well,women might complement them,but not men.
Then it goes to show men still expect women to be sex objects. I can't think of any other explanation if women aren't attractive enough to dress modestly and get noticed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty