U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think women with an excessive or fatty waist are more sexually appealing than a woman with a
I am a man and I think they ARE. 6 9.52%
I am a woman and I think they ARE. 5 7.94%
I am a man and I think they ARE NOT. 34 53.97%
I am a woman and I think they ARE NOT. 18 28.57%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2014, 02:42 AM

2,224 posts, read 2,869,313 times

Advertisements

It's all about that ratio. 26 inch waist and flat as a board= meh; 35 inch waist with 48 inch hips and buxom physique= Well hello there!

Old 06-12-2014, 03:06 AM

188 posts, read 195,479 times
"Research: "The slimmer a woman's waist, the better a man's sexual function and satisfaction"

Pshaw. I'll pay attention to headlines like these once every man in the country can find his partner's clitoris.

On the plus side, I just measured myself and it turns out I'm a .76 whr. Apparently this means my scrawny ass is "pear-shaped". Yippppppeeeeee

Old 06-12-2014, 03:52 AM

17,168 posts, read 22,199,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheretomove2014 View Post
"Research: "The slimmer a woman's waist, the better a man's sexual function and satisfaction"

Pshaw. I'll pay attention to headlines like these once every man in the country can find his partner's clitoris.

On the plus side, I just measured myself and it turns out I'm a .76 whr. Apparently this means my scrawny ass is "pear-shaped". Yippppppeeeeee
another good bumper sticker, right there!

Old 06-12-2014, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
another good bumper sticker, right there!

Thanks lol. That's what I do

Old 06-12-2014, 06:54 AM

17,944 posts, read 9,863,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Who cares? Ladies, do men need even MORE sexual satisfaction? In my experience they generally get the better side of the bargain anyway. Show some research about how I can improve my sexual satisfaction LOL...That's something that deserves grant money.
Yeah....it's primarily a man who can say, "The worst sex I ever had was wonderful."

Old 06-12-2014, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I do not think people realize that you can be skinny with a high waist to hip ratio and 300 pounds with a 0.7 whr. The opposite applies too,you can be skinny with a low whr and fat with a high Whr.

Its more about shape than anything.

You can be a curvy 300 pound woman and you can be a curvy 80 pound woman with a WHR of 0.7 and below.
That heavy woman with the .7 ratio won't get every man--particularly not the American dummies who are led by the nose by the media--but she won't ever go home alone unless she wants to.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:21 AM

1,375 posts, read 1,071,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
...than a woman with a small waist. That's the entire poll question, and I guess the last two words fell off.

Men who date women with slim waists are less likely to have performance issues in the bedroom - regardless of age | Mail Online

This should solve the dilemma of whether excessively waisted women should lose fat to be more desirable to men, and that it is more universally beautiful to be slender and/or small waisted. True or false? Thoughts?
Maybe it's because usually, fatter men (generally) tend to date fatter women than thinner or more fit guys do, and fatter men are more likely to have physical problems including erectile disfunction.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:13 AM

2,380 posts, read 2,846,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
Maybe it's because usually, fatter men (generally) tend to date fatter women than thinner or more fit guys do, and fatter men are more likely to have physical problems including erectile disfunction.
This is an interesting criticism of the study's sample size, but nothing about the weight of the men is mentioned, though it should be considering they are more likely to have sexual problems independent of their partner's waist size. However, the results determined greater satisfaction with a slimmer waist, independent of preexisting conditions. So even if the subjects were already at risk of having ED or lower libido, they still had a better response to the smaller waist. That's telling.

Is it true that fat men tend to date fat women? I (who is fat) have been attracted to this heavyset 6'5" guy for a few years now and never asked whether he was more attracted to fat women or slender women, or perfect hourglass buxom women.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
However, the results determined greater satisfaction with a slimmer waist, independent of preexisting conditions.
Being a man, this makes no difference to me in terms of purely physical satisfaction. A male orgasm is an orgasm, and the factors in that don't have anything to do with a slimmer waist unless it's merely a frequently coincidental factor with other factors that are actually the more consequential.

For instance, it may be that men report feeling "more satisfied" when they have had sex with a woman who has greater "trophy value," for instance. Or to put that another way, the men whose sex partners have greater "trophy value" report greater satisfaction than men whose sexual partners have less "trophy value."

Guy who has routine sex with Victoria's Secret models: "My sex life is great! I'm highly satisfied!"
Guy who has routine sex with average women: "My sex life is pretty good."
Conclusion: Men who have sex with Victoria's Secrets models report greater satisfaction than men who don't.

If all the factors are reported, it may be that women who have "nice figures"--and they usually know who they are-- behave in sexier ways overall that men find more satisfying.

But I suspect it's mostly that--if nothing but physique is factored--when a woman better fits the man's concept of "physically sexy," he will report his sex with her to be more satisfying than his sex with a less "physically sexy" women.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
but she won't ever go home alone unless she wants to.
But she may wake up alone even if she doesn't want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or