U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 12:58 PM

10,098 posts, read 10,647,334 times

Advertisements

Let's have a show of hands. Men only: How many of you would want to punch yourself in the head if you were wearing one of these?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 04:55 AM

35 posts, read 31,889 times
To everyone that thinks these look bad, try wearing a full wool suit in triple digit heat.

I think these look great. Much better than the alternative

Old 06-17-2014, 08:24 AM

2,898 posts, read 4,970,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spades45 View Post
To everyone that thinks these look bad, try wearing a full wool suit in triple digit heat.
Yes, that's hard. We women, who work in conservative fields and/or during times in Boston/NYC when dark, wool conservative wear was the only acceptable office attire are also well versed on the long sleeve, heavy suits complete with hose & closed toe shoes & how one feels like being wrapped in cellophane in the summer heat. Also, in days when a/c was a rare option in offices, going out for lunch was a wonderful reprieve, just so one could remove a jacket & unbutton the top button of an oppressive, silk blouse or loosen a tie. I recall those days when a sea of men with jackets slung over one shoulder on their way back to the office was an everyday mid-day sight.

The short trousers with a suit jacket is an acquired look. I realize it's comfortable, but so is a bikini & that's unlikely to soon become proper office wear. In HI & Bermuda, the locals are used to a similar look for adults. I'm used to the look with young school boys, particularly with the knee socks, which are what I wore as a young girl... it's just not a male look to me. I doubt it's all the rage, as the article suggested & it's unlikely it will take the US/UK market by storm. To me, it's akin to women dressing like little girls, then wanting to assert authority in the office place... that's too 'Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?'. I just don't see it happening & visually, am glad for it. But, when in Bermuda... that's another story.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:27 AM

3,806 posts, read 5,013,444 times
This is ridiculous.m much better to make a casual suit by getting rid of the tie and jacket. Then just wear some normal clothes,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty